• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ye Olde VideoGame Days

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Ye Olde VideoGame Days

Don't you miss those good days of playing videogames?

Please: there are certain sentences in here that might sound a little odd. If you are immature or just in a ****y mood and feel like being an asshole, please keep the stupid **** jokes to yourself. I'm not a pedophile. Thanks.

This is just a ran about how the video game community just straight up ****es me off these days and why I barely play anymore games online unless I'm trying to get achievements. Well, I'll start out by saying I was about 12 when I got an Xbox and played Call of Duty 2. I met about only 5 kids/children throughout that time and whole year I played Call of Duty 2, everyone was in their 20's or 13, 14, 15+, then came Call of Duty 4. You'd have the occasional child every game or so, no biggy, right? Then came Call of Duty: World at War, about 25%-30%+ of the players in each game were kids. Now, Modern Warfare 2 is the big problem here. Every single game I get into, about 70%+ are kids, I'm not talking about just 12 year olds, I'm talking about 10 - . Now, because little kids have nothing better to do except play ****ing videogames for 12 ****ing hours a day, they tend to know every gun inside out, every glitch, every hiding spot etc. Which takes the ****ing fun out of the game when people who are just here to have fun get destroyed by little children who don't event know what war is. The youngest child I played with was 7, and that was in Nazi Zombies on Call of Duty: World at War. Why is a seven year old playing a game where you can shoot someone and their arm will fly off with blood spewing everywhere? What the hell? Has society LOST itself? These little brats kill the whole fun of the game, these games used to be FUN and entertaining and something you could go to to have fun or have a break. To have a lively chat with someone. Now everything is all so competition like. Clans, Squads, etc with ****ing little kids who know the game inside out cause they haven't stopped ****ing the xbox or controller since the day the game came out! This needs to stop, honestly. I'm seriously considering just forgetting about Call of Duty: World at War and Modern Warfare 2 and just go back to Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare. Thank you for reading this if you did.​

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Re: Ye Olde VideoGame Days

I cannot even being to fathom reading that wall of text. Please format your post. >_>

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

No it's staying that way.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The problem isnt their ages its the way they were raised and society of today. I started gaming when i was about 5 years old and i played many violent games from age of 10 and upwards. Granted the Internet wasnt big when i was a kid and online gaming was just starting off properly and i didnt play online until i got Command & Conquer Red Alert 2. However there was never a time when i sent abuse to people or glitched to ruin games. Kids these days are just rude and immature until their teens (some beyond that). You will find some mature ones out there but they are lost in the sea of squeaky, racist, hate filled idiots.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Because parenting is hard. Planting your kid in front of the telly is easy-mode parenting.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;385272 said:
Because parenting is hard. Planting your kid in front of the telly is easy-mode parenting.

Of course its hard but if people arent willing to put the time and effort into raising their children the right way then they shouldnt have children. My girlfriends child is 6 and he sits and watches TV when hes finished his work as it keeps him quiet when we are cooking and such. However he doesnt watch TV that often as is more interested in playing outdoors or with his toys.

I have started to turn him into a gamer though (as i told my girlfriend i would and she bet me otherwise) :lol: and he sometimes sits and watches me on my Xbox. Sometimes its what could be classed as violent games but i also dont think kids should be totally shielded from such things. When hes old enough i will get him his own console, i wont be purchasing 18 rated games for him at age 8 or 9 though :lol:. Still trying to get him to like football to no avail, he just sees it as the reason i turn off his cartoons or kick him out of living room where hes playing on a sunday afternoon at the moment.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;385221 said:
The problem isnt their ages its the way they were raised and society of today. I started gaming when i was about 5 years old and i played many violent games from age of 10 and upwards. Granted the Internet wasnt big when i was a kid and online gaming was just starting off properly and i didnt play online until i got Command & Conquer Red Alert 2. However there was never a time when i sent abuse to people or glitched to ruin games. Kids these days are just rude and immature until their teens (some beyond that). You will find some mature ones out there but they are lost in the sea of squeaky, racist, hate filled idiots.

Indeed, I started gaming back in the 80s when I was around 5-6, so we didn't have any online console gaming and I just invited over my friends to play. The kids these days are quite horrible. All kinds of words dribble from their mouths and they don't even know what the words mean.

A bunch of kids who are spoiled, immature, brats who beg their mommy for the latest game and lack self-control.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Not to mention they always act all big and bad and talk ****. Cool, you're talking tough over Xbox LIVE, I bet you wouldn't say it to my face. I just don't have my mic in 50% of the time or if I do I will probably be in the party with my friends. I miss the good ol days where you could have fun and just have civilized conversations with people on Xbox LIVE.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;385647 said:
I bet you wouldn't say it to my face. I just don't have my mic in 50% of the time or if I do I will probably be in the party with my friends. I miss the good ol days where you could have fun and just have civilized conversations with people on Xbox LIVE.

I bet if any of them tried then most would end up saying it to your knees they are that young. Im almost always in Party Chat and mute everyone else.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, they probably would be. I actually told one to shut up one time and he goes "My daddy is a cop!" I was like "This never ends."