• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yes! Jade Empire 2 for the 360!

A

Arcturius

Yes! Jade Empire 2 for the 360!

I just heard about jade empire 2 coming out (and possibly exclusive) for the xbox 360. I'm really excited I loved the original. It must just be something about bioware I guess. :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Yes! J.E. 2 for the 360!

Where did you hear that? I havent seen anything announced from Bioware about it yet and i scan their site quite often (for news to put on our Mass Effect Forums).

A

Arcturius

I was watching an Electronics & Video game T.V. program last night.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arcturius;152689 said:
I was watching an Electronics & Video game T.V. program last night.

I know they have had a game in the works for a while and its rumoured to be Jade Empire 2 but have to wait and see.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Yes! Jade Empire 2 for the 360!

Cool! The more games for the 360, the better! My cousin is really excited about Jade Empire 2. ^_^

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Jade Empire 2!? WOW! +REP for the find!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

477bc95017556_featured_without_text_jadeempire.jpg

IGN: Jade Empire 2

The follow-up to Bioware's captivating, Asian-themed RPG. NOTE: This game has not yet been officially announced. Although unofficial at this point, the sequel has been mentioned by team members as something being toyed around with as one of the several projects for the company.

Jade Empire 2: Jade Empire 2 In Development At BioWare

Dean Takahashi over at the San Jose Mercury's got the scoop: BioWare are already hard at work on a Jade Empire sequel. And that it's definitely coming to the Xbox 360. And...that's it. You should be able to fill the rest of the gaps in for yourselves, though: expect Mass Effect's conversation mechanic to feature, expect more martial arts action and thanks to EA's purchasing of BioWare you can probably expect a PS3 version as well.
A small but interesting scoop: Jade Empire 2 is coming [Mercury News]

News - Jade Empire 2 on Xbox 360? // Xbox 360 /// Eurogamer

Bioware joint CEO Dr. Ray Muzkya has reiterated the company's plans to continue the Jade Empire series - and on Xbox 360.

Speaking in an interview with US website Xbox-Evolved, Muzkya said, "Bioware definitely plans to continue the Jade Empire franchise." He went on to imply that it was to be an Xbox 360 game.

Muzkya said the company was working on two 360 titles - the other is known to be Mass Effect, which was unveiled during X05 last month.

This isn't the first time Muzkya has spoken about Bioware's plans to continue with Jade Empire beyond the highly-rated Xbox original. Speaking at the European Games Network last September, he told our sister-site GamesIndustry.biz, "This is a new IP, and there are going to be follow-on products - sequels and other things, absolutely."

"Our IPs, we have a long plan for - this is a rich world, and there are all these parts around the periphery of the empire that we haven't even touched on. There are lots of cool adventures still in the works."

Jade Empire 2 Coming to Xbox 360 - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

sequel to BioWare's original action RPG Jade Empire (PC, X36) is purportedly in the works, according to San Jose Mercury News' games guy Dean Takahashi. The reporter claims on his blog that he's spoken with someone who's seen code for Jade Empire 2 on Xbox 360.

"It's coming for the Xbox 360, and it's real," Takahashi wrote. Although he's sure its coming at least to Microsoft's platform, Takahashi speculated the title could be arriving on other consoles down the road in light of BioWare's relationship with game giant Electronic Arts.

"It will be interesting to see if Jade Empire 2 will remain an exclusive for the Xbox 360, now that Electronic Arts has agreed to acquire BioWare/Pandemic," he wrote. The original Jade Empire retailed first for Xbox in 2005, with a special edition arriving last year for PC.

Rumor: Jade Empire 2 in Development for Xbox 360 - Xbox

Dean Takahashi, the author of Opening the Xbox and Xbox 360 Uncloaked, posted on his Mercury News' A+E Interactive blog a scoop on the sequel to Jade Empire.

"I talked with someone who saw code for Jade Empire 2. It’s coming for the Xbox 360, and it’s real. It’s not much as far as scoops go, but I’m on vacation."

After EA acquired BioWare, the future of new installments of Jade Empire and Mass Effect was in doubt. Even Takahashi wonders if the series will remain an exclusive for the Xbox 360 or go multiplaform.