• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kneo

You would think...

Fable should make a bigger deal with the two chapels. The Temple of Avo, and the Chapel of Skorm. Say for instance, you zone into the Chapel of Skorm as a goody - there should be a host of evil monks ready to serve your two shoes up as a sacrifice. Killing off said monks should yeild a grand reward. Instead, you zone in, there are two pee-ons there mumbling about tithing your riches, blah, blah, blah. You kill them and nothing happens....YAWN. Except I caught some decent sized fishes in the streams flowing through the Skorm chapel...YIPPEE!

This game is way to linear. :wacko: No tradeskills, no character customization in the beggining atleast, Not enough items to chose from, the World is way to small (especially since you can Gate everywhere) - I really hope F2 goes far deeper.

Does anyone else think it blows that you can't even hook up with Briar Rose after you finished the main story line? Not only that, you are like the primier hero, ever - the Guild should make you your own tower so you can marry there. Maze had one for crying out loud~. :blush: There just isn't enough fan-faire for someone who completely saved a continent, ya know. Where's my castle to rule from, my white horse, my throne so to speak...

D

DrZoid

Re: You would think...

Very good point!

The game was too short...and your right, sometimes not involving enough.
I doubt anyone here will disagree.

Also I didn't like having to follow a road or a path everywhere, I wanted it to feel a little more free-roaming....where are my big open spaces!?

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I agree that the area was a bit small. But I think there was enough customisation items that you could have bought for your hero.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah but simple haircuts and tattoos don't a;ways cut it, even if they are very interesting. I would have at least liked to see you be able to change your hair color cuase I really hate the blonde hair when you are good. Just a thought.

And I agree with DrZoid about always being stuck to a path. Becuase even though they said you can Choose to be good or bad you alwyas ended up doing the same damn thing. I mean if I really wanted to be evil I should have been able to decide things like saving the archeologist then letting him go free or saving my mother from the jail. You were aways directed at the same place the only real "good and evil difference" was the morality. Not much else to it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I agree the good/evil choices need to be expanded on and make the story change accordingly.

I

IGGIE

I'm not happy with the auto deduction of money when you kill in town. I should be able to fight out of it and cach me if you can. and do towns ever repopulate

J

JP8117

Yeah the towns repopulate. but yeah I wish we could design our own hair styles and coloring. And hell I just want a statue of me at the Hero's Guild, I they end up rebuilding the place, where is my statue for stopping Jack.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

You have to pay for it and build it yourself.

K

Kneo

IGGIE said:
I'm not happy with the auto deduction of money when you kill in town. I should be able to fight out of it and cach me if you can. and do towns ever repopulate

The guards always gave me a choice - whether to pay, or face their blade. Maybe their's no choice on Xbox? But on the PC, they give you a choice prompt, and usually if you've murdered someone you had to pay, and then they'd TP you out of the town.

Seigfried said:
You have to pay for it and build it yourself.

That would be nice if you could. :p

Two Posts Merged - Dark Drakan

Status
Not open for further replies.