• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Hero Should have Conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score
Your Hero Should have Conversations

I think that in Fable 2 unlike Fable oringinal and Fable Lost Chapters your Hero should be able to answers qusetions. What I mean is that if a person asks you a question your should have 2 choices to answer, one should be a nice or good answer and the second should be a rude answer.

In Fable ( original, tlc) the only way your hero speaks is through small expressions. And in the story when other characters talk to you all the hero does is tilt his head a little.

So in Fable 2 I would like to see the Hero talk a bit more.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Your Hero Should have Conversations

Yeah i can see what you mean, i think they chose to keep the character speechless just incase you didnt like the voice and it put you off your character. They should give you a voice list so you can pick the sound of your own voice if they include it.

D

DrZoid

Not to be rude or anything but I think that is a terrible idea. The whole comic feel of Fable would go if your 'hero' could speak. He wouldn't be the unhero like, farting character he is if he could have conversations. The game could also feel very long winded like Jade Empire, which I rented and thought was a great game but was ruined by all the talking.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Oblivion has hundreds of hours of recorded speech for it and it makes the game more involving, sitting through loads of it is abit tedious yes but there is no need to overload of loads of dialogue if every character speaks. I dont really like the idea of your character speaking though.

G

Ghost

I think they should do it, it would make it more realistic and get the player more involved.

A

alanname350

Hmm. I liked the game the way it was, rather than a dialoge issue I would say that the game (like Jade Empire) had combat issues, it was too easy. However, I will support the way the game TLC was done. No talking. In my opinion it would lessen the story book quality. Read The grimms brothers tales, they never had the hero give long winded responces. It was mostly just third person narration. That is in my opinion the way the game should continue to be. Sorry for the long answer

K

Kalindor

Well mybe you could do a thing like speak for him through a mic that would be cool. Instead of choose something for your guy to say it should be you can say things yourself

D

DrZoid

Kalindor said:
Well mybe you could do a thing like speak for him through a mic that would be cool. Instead of choose something for your guy to say it should be you can say things yourself

That sounds like a thing for SWAT type games ONLY.

V

Vegeta

I think you should be able to talk but not put so much to it... Like only talk when u want or have 2.

D

DrZoid

nah.
What made Fable different to other RPGs (for me anyway) was its humour. It will be much better just having the character say "heyyy" to the ladies and "hey" with a slight wave, to the normal people.

K

Kalindor

Well you have to say more than just "hey"

C

Coolmist

DrZoid said:
nah.
What made Fable different to other RPGs (for me anyway) was its humour. It will be much better just having the character say "heyyy" to the ladies

i wish it was that easy in real life to get girls.

Plus if are guy isnt gona speak it should at least give us options on what to say abit like oblivion.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

You guys are crazy. :lol: If I was walking down the street one day and some guy came up to a girl and said "Heyyy" and a small heart came over her head, I'd laugh.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Coolmist said:
i wish it was that easy in real life to get girls.

Plus if are guy isnt gona speak it should at least give us options on what to say abit like oblivion.

Yeah dialogue choices could add that bit extra moral value to the game.

F

flea

i dont really like the idea maybe if the map was bigger doesnt have to be oblivion size but if the map was bigger and had more towns then it would be nice

i was thinking maybe hyrule size maybe for a bigger map

A

alanname350

i think dialogue would detract from the game because it would end up being a long drawn out game, one of the major attractions of fable was it was soo heavy on action

Status
Not open for further replies.