• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALtesha

your opinion

Okay, i got a question and please dont de-head me...
I'm looking for a new game for my ... collection, if you can call it that way :)
Now I was wondering: are there any good games like Fable?
must be fantasy!! No shooter games pls and what do you think about guild wars?

Don't de-head me!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: your opinion

*Thread Moved To Greatwood Park Games Section*

Guild Wars is a great game, you know anything about it? If not i would be happy to fill you in what i can, i havent played it in ages but really should get back into it as i really liked it.

A

ALtesha

well I already looked at the professions and viewed some screenshots but i don't really know anything about it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ALtesha;28043 said:
well I already looked at the professions and viewed some screenshots but i don't really know anything about it.

Well what do you want to know and i will explain for you :)

A

ALtesha

uhm... what do you have to do in the game?
Do you just walk around or do you do quests like in Fable?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ALtesha;28048 said:
uhm... what do you have to do in the game?
Do you just walk around or do you do quests like in Fable?

Yeah of course you do quests, and you can ask people to join your party and do them together (Co-Op style) and split the rewards and equipment agained etc or do them alone :D story on the way is quite interesting actually.

A

ALtesha

owkay... are there any belgian people who play the game?
This might be useful for my English lessons but i'm getting... err... headdeck or something, you know, pain to your head.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ALtesha;28054 said:
owkay... are there any belgian people who play the game?
This might be useful for my English lessons but i'm getting... err... headdeck or something, you know, pain to your head.

I bet there are loads of Belgian people who play it as its very popular ALL over the world. You can choose servers to only show people from your region if you wish. You mean a headache ;)

A

ALtesha

oooh thanks :)
me and my friends always tried to figure out how to write it, but we were to lazy to check the dictionnary...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ALtesha;28058 said:
oooh thanks :)
me and my friends always tried to figure out how to write it, but we were to lazy to check the dictionnary...

No problem ^_^

Anymore questions about Guild Wars then?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ALtesha;28060 said:
umm no, i don't think so but thanks a lot!

Well if you think of anything, dont hesitate to ask and i will answer you best i can ^_^

A

ALtesha

o, another question!
There are (as far as i know) two kinds of Guild Wars: Nightfall and Factions.
Is one of them an Expansion pack or something?
Do you have to buy one of them before you can play the other?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ALtesha;28159 said:
o, another question!
There are (as far as i know) two kinds of Guild Wars: Nightfall and Factions.
Is one of them an Expansion pack or something?
Do you have to buy one of them before you can play the other?

I believe they are all stand alone games and dont think you need original to play any of them. I know this for certain about Nightfall but unsure about Factions...

P

Poppycock

good game but the only downer of it was after i got it, it turned out to be like rune scape and i HATE rune scape. but i guess guild wars graphics made for that

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;28184 said:
good game but the only downer of it was after i got it, it turned out to be like rune scape and i HATE rune scape. but i guess guild wars graphics made for that

How was it like Rune Scape at all?

P

Poppycock

Dark Drakan;28185 said:
How was it like Rune Scape at all?

you know like the way you have to move... you click on the spot of land u want him to run too and you cant realy fight som1 its only a matter of the persons level sense the only thing u do is click "attach and watch him die or when, no effort avolved in it. but its still a good game

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;28205 said:
you know like the way you have to move... you click on the spot of land u want him to run too and you cant realy fight som1 its only a matter of the persons level sense the only thing u do is click "attach and watch him die or when, no effort avolved in it. but its still a good game

You dont HAVE to click to go somewhere you can use W,S,A & D to move aswel. Its got best combat system of any online RPG ive played so far so... and levels dont really make TO much of a difference compared to say WoW as more skill is involved than Levels.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

I played Guildwars for about 3 and a half months over the summer when I was stuck on dialup (the game worked admirably well on dialup). It was very fun for most of the time I played it. Once I maxxed out levels and abilities, got a great weapon and got the second best armor money could buy, it began to get stale. Here are the reasons for why it got stale for me:

Disclaimer: I played the game before any expansion packs, so take this with a grain of salt

1. To get the best armor in the game (which has the same protection capabilities as the second best, it just looks cooler) you must gather 105 type of one component from one of the two planes, and 200 components from the other plane. Now this would not have been a huge deal, except that they were so rare, it was like a god given gift if you got one. You could buy them from players and sometimes the merchants, but they were incedibly expensive. Without buying them, you would probably have to spend about 3 years collecting them from each of the planes if you did nothing else in the game.

2. Some of the people were absolute idiots. I played Everquest for 6 years before I quit and I knew some dumb people in that game, but sometimes I just wanted to rip my eyes out from the sheer stupidity. Whether it was not knowing the mission, quitting in the middle of a mission, running around and bringing way to many monsters back to the party, or being generally abusive and greedy, I saw way too many idiots and retards in the game.

3. Certain classes could solo far, far better than others. Of particular intrest was the Monk/Warrior. With a certain build and certain items, they could SOLO the two planes where all those great and expensive items drop for the best armor. Yeah that's fair.

4. The developers repeatedly nerfed various skills and builds. I played an Elementalist/monk (like a wizard that heals too) and I had various sets of skills that I could combine to solo some smaller zones (nothing like the monk however). Every now and then I would get a nice prize, but it was pretty boring just killing certain areas, but it was something I could do by myself. However, whenever I would get into a good skill set (also called a build), bam... some vital aspect of that build was changed so the whole thing wouldn't work. Now, this wasn't always unexpected, as often many people would use the same builds to do this. However, the reason why I quit was because they changed something so fundamental of an Elementalist's playstyle that half my spells were useless. When I started the game, monsters who were casting spells or attacking one person would stay there, even if you cast an area of effect spell (fire rain, meteor shower) and you would get the full damage of the spell in. This was how I played my character from the day I started him. Three months into the game the developers decide they want to make the monsters smarter and that they will now MOVE OUT OF AREA OF EFFECT SPELLS. I couldn't take that, as about half my spells would do 1/3 of the damage they normally do.

In the end, I definately liked playing the game. The graphics were amazing, the combat system was great and varied, the class system was awesome, and there were more areas to go and play in than you could shake a stick at. Just watch out for the problems described above. I am sure many things have changed since I last played, so take all I have said with a grain of salt.

I

Ivan

ALtesha;28032 said:
Okay, i got a question and please dont de-head me...
I'm looking for a new game for my ... collection, if you can call it that way :)
Now I was wondering: are there any good games like Fable?
must be fantasy!! No shooter games pls and what do you think about guild wars?

Don't de-head me!
Oblivion,Gothic III,Neverwinter Nights 2.Yesterday i played the 10 hour demo of guild wars factions but i only endured 1 hour.This game is stupid almost as wow.The graphics of gw factions are not so childish and ugly but i dont like the gameplay.
If you want ill give you the demo account but you must download this first:
http://guildwars.com/downloads/gwsetup.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.