• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your thoughts on future gaming

J

jhoward15

your thoughts on future gaming

What is everyones thoughts on gaming in say 50 years?

H

Hexadecimal

Re: your thoughts on future gaming

... I have no idea...

In the 50's everyone was sure that by the year 2000 we'd all be riding hoverbikes with colonies on the moon and driving spaceships to work on asteroid mines... and everyone always wearing metallic coloured jumpsuits...

the only real way to see the future is to go there

suffering

Reaction score

They better be cheap. like say, $500 no matter what currency?

And they should be able to do these things and have these features:

Able to play games that have really realistic grahics, with like 1billion moving people and 1billion moving people on the other army. and plays that perfectly smoothly

J

jhoward15

Virtual reality better be the new hip thing

H

Hexadecimal

suffering;93324 said:
They better be cheap. like say, $500 no matter what currency?

And they should be able to do these things and have these features:

Able to play games that have really realistic grahics, with like 1billion moving people and 1billion moving people on the other army. and plays that perfectly smoothly

that's incredibly unlikely...
500 no matter what currency would mean that in some places you could get one for the equivalent of 30 cents...
there's also something called inflation...
and what game would you be playing that would need 2 billion people?
nothing will ever be perfect, or at least I hope it wont... that would leave no room for improvement... =]

F

FableFreak

Well, if I'm still alive in 20 years, and I have all my fingers then I can't wait to see what will happen in another 30. I most likely won't be playing games when I am 67, but you can never be too sure.

B

Bishounen_Mason

Humans Bodies are phased out. People Linked to their computers gaming systems and the human race become extinct. but thats just a thought

R

Rhadiel

....ok?.....i hope that at least games wont die out.....and maybe virtual reality..that will be cool......like in Dot Hack....i love those games....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Well games improve year after year, so the GFX and physics we are all stunned by now will all be obsolete and really dated in 50 years so imagine the possibilities.

I mean look at the jump in some games over the years... compare such titles as:

GTA and then GTA IV
Doom and Doom 3
Fifa (on old systems) to Fifa 2008
Half Life to Half Life 2

These are all in matter of about 5 - 10 years.

B

Bishounen_Mason

I really Hope games don't die off

in 10 years all the games we play now will be obsolete and it's sad.. I hate being beaten by ten year olds because I grew up on side scrollers and 2D game.

B

Big_Mac

I hope that there will be a game sorta like Oblivion but like where you can move and your guy would move or you could swing a sword and your guy would swing a sword or you act like shaking someones hand and you shake someones hand in teh game...

Sounds like really geeky.... But I think that would be cool and get some of the... Bigger people who play games alot more active =p.

suffering

Reaction score

Imagine what TOTAL WAR games would be like.....

realistic and one unit has at least 10-450 men!

Theres a possibility of SWBF3 coming out its a rumour but imagine that.... i think it will be crap just like battlefront 2.... damn favourite levels been replaced in that.....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Big_Mac;93643 said:
I hope that there will be a game sorta like Oblivion but like where you can move and your guy would move or you could swing a sword and your guy would swing a sword or you act like shaking someones hand and you shake someones hand in teh game...

Sounds like really geeky.... But I think that would be cool and get some of the... Bigger people who play games alot more active =p.

Technology like that already exists it, the Wiimote is a small example but i also saw a Microsoft tech demo on youtube with similar features but it was a guy moving their finger and a sword swinging. They would just need to tune more features into main stream games well as it only seems to work as a novelty right now and isnt suitable for the mainstream market.

suffering;93666 said:
Theres a possibility of SWBF3 coming out its a rumour but imagine that.... i think it will be crap just like battlefront 2.... damn favourite levels been replaced in that.....

It is coming out (that part isnt the rumour), i did a report on it a while ago. The rumour was that it has a new developer after Pandemic Studios were dropped and will now be made by the Free Radicals team of Timesplitters fame.

http://forums.projectego.net/star-wars-battlefront-iii-rumours-2338/

B

Big_Mac

Thats cool Drakan That would be nice to have in the future.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;93307 said:
In the 50's everyone was sure that by the year 2000 we'd all be riding hoverbikes with colonies on the moon and driving spaceships to work on asteroid mines
You mean you....don't.....?

and everyone always wearing metallic coloured jumpsuits...
Go to a certain part of the North of England to see living proof of this fashion phenomenon...I'd name the place but then I'd get done for stereotyping....:lol:

R

Rhadiel

Go to a certain part of the North of England to see living proof of this fashion phenomenon...I'd name the place but then I'd get done for stereotyping....:lol:
lol.....i wonder....i love Dot Hack....i really hope games in the future are like that...at least MMORPGs...like in da show.....

B

blu phoenix

Maybe they'll have games that you can actually hook up to in your mind...although I think that may be a bit risky and dangerous. I know the games will be more pricey.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix;94459 said:
Maybe they'll have games that you can actually hook up to in your mind...although I think that may be a bit risky and dangerous. I know the games will be more pricey.

No-one truly knows what technology we could be capable of in the future and it might be classed as a normal thing then.

HD and Blu Ray will be classed as retro and outdated by then :lol: