• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zombie dog?

A

Aristodemus

Zombie dog?

Well, for anyone that's been keeping up with the hype of Fable 2, it is always said that you will have a pet dog for the ENTIRE game. Now, as in Fable 1, you will age in Fable 2. So, I'm assuming by the end of the game, you will be a bitter, mute, old man. Now, how exactly does the dog survive through the entire game; a dog's average age is 15 years. Please, share your thoughts on this.

poopdogy

grey-palidin
Reaction score
Re: Zombie dog?

maybe being around the hero soooo much when hes yousing magic it wheres off on the dog causing it to live longer???

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Or maybe because its a video game and standard world rules don't apply. When was the last time you seen a Balverine cruising past your window or one of your friends crack out a lightning bolt at somebody that was ****ing them off.

It doesn't need an explanation because its a video game and 'it simply is.'

When will people learn to distinguish between videos game and real life *sigh*

A

Arcturius

weirdkidinabox;193033 said:
Or maybe because its a video game and standard world rules don't apply. When was the last time you seen a Balverine cruising past your window or one of your friends crack out a lightning bolt at somebody that was ****ing them off.

It doesn't need an explanation because its a video game and 'it simply is.'

When will people learn to distinguish between videos game and real life *sigh*

Well maybe because half of the rules in real life do apply in fable, A.K.A the aging system, Why wouldn't the dog age as you do. I'm sure they wouldn't leave a detail like this alone in Fable 2.

Personally I think Your dog might have puppys or you can purchase another dog from a kennel. Although I suppose in a game like fable2 it wouldn't be too unusual to have a magic dog..

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think it is confirmed that

...at some point in the story, the dog will be killed off.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

yeah he will be
nailed to a wall
at least thats what i heard

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Plus The rules of Fable don't apply that well because in Fable 1 You aged but evevryone around you stayed the ****ing same age!!!!

A

Aristodemus

That was Fable 1 though, Fable 2 will have a MUCH more advanced engine, so I'm sure the people around you will age as you do.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Yeh, Tsuyu and poopgod are right.

J

Johnnycky94

Aging better be alott slower. Thats all i have to say

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Caboose;193082 said:
Plus The rules of Fable don't apply that well because in Fable 1 You aged but evevryone around you stayed the ****ing same age!!!!
We're all suppose to age slower, and the people are suppose to age some as well. :)

J

Johnnycky94

Can you get a new dog after your one gets killed?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I don't think so. Seeing as how it is supposed to be used as a plot device, it wouldn't make much sense if you could just go get a new one at your local kennel.

J

Johnnycky94

Tsuyu;193174 said:
I don't think so. Seeing as how it is supposed to be used as a plot device, it wouldn't make much sense if you could just go get a new one at your local kennel.

Well thats stupid

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, we don't know when it will be. Maybe it will be at the very last boss fight after which you finish the game. Wouldn't do much then, gameplay-wise since you've beaten the game once you've won the fight.

B

Blue Will

Even though i have read this I'm sure that it will still come as a shock when our beloved pups are killed

noooo (shout name of dog)

Actually thats another thing, you can give your non ageing dog a name? any name?

suffering

Reaction score

Well, PM did say dog with unconditional love and you love him back.
It would feel wrong to just go off to the pound and replace your companion who you cared for since it was a pup which in turn, cared for you.....

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Yes but it defeats the whole purpose of the dog to just kill it off and not replace it with anything because then all the cool stuff that you got for the dog:

Balls, tricks, frisbees etc. would become useless and ruin alot of the game for some people so i think IF the dog dies it will be replaced and IF it isn't killed then nothing much will change

S

SilentFilmStar

Well. Maybe it will just turn evil or good (which ever road you choose) and that will be its "aging".
OR
Maybe there are times in the game (or skills) that you can take years away from your dog and make it younger (similar to the temple of avo/skorm).

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

That would be cool hope they keep the youth benefits for humans!