• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassin's Creed III

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Hermit said:
New AC
Cover Released By Ubisoft
422433_10150594293533068_6119163067_9102678_2093581204_n.jpg
See here for PS3, and PC Cover.​
Looks like its gonna be american revolution with Slavery, guns, tomahawks, big bearded presidents and a new protagonist for the next Ass Creed. I for one am disappointed but there might be something redeemable, I haven't even touched my AC; Revelations yet, so no spoilers.

So what do you guys think?

Some screenshots have been posted on gamespot;

Have a looksie gentlemen.

621796_20120302_640screen001.jpg

621796_20120302_640screen002.jpg

621796_20120302_640screen003.jpg

621796_20120302_640screen004.jpg

621796_20120302_640screen005.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Im interested to see what they do with it but it was expected to be the American Revolution and seems a little to predictable. I was hoping for a title based in Japan or something.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
cant wait! i wonder if you free slaves then they become your assassin buddies

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_III
comes out Oct 30th this year w00t
sorry for double post

If that's for certain then this will surely be the last Assassin's Creed game, as the story and producers/Creators have been saying the story is leading up to 2012 and that they wont stretch past the year as it wont be as realistic in the story stretching past 2012 in real time.

I just hope its as good as the others, they'll need to make the new character as lovable as Ezio as they only have one game to make you like the character similar to Altair in AC1(Which wasn't achieved). I fear for the safety of the gameplay as america as a setting may see the decline of scaling beautiful big buildings and the classic viewpoints and eagle dive.

I'd give my left testicle in saying its fairly certain you'll be releasing Slaves and getting them to fight for you, I can see the Templars secretly leading the south for some reason, and the assassin's to be native Americans or a secret organization deep in the northern states with politicians being aligned with them as example of Lorenzo de' Medici of Florence and other allies of the state.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Those shots actually look quite impressive and ive moved them into the first post for you.

Also a link with some info here.

- There will be brand new environments and all-new ways to exploit them to your advantage, according to the creative director Alex Hutchinson.
- The cinematic presentations will extend beyond combat into a complex way of storytelling. The game will have actually have the Mohawk language (Iroquois) in some scenes. Mohawk was one of the languages of the native Americans.
- The development cycle was the longest compared to any Assassin’s Creed game. It seems the game was developed simultaneously with the other spin-offs (Brotherhood and Revelations). According to Ubisoft’s CEO, AC3 has been in development for three years.
- They game tells a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.
- The game will feature a new camera, which focuses on the best possible view of the action.
- The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil engine.
- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. He calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.
- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for himself rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.
- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.
- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies being George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere.
- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter. This is the best new feature in Assassin’s Creed 3 as far as I’m concerned.
- You can chain kills in the game using the Tomahawk and the knife.
- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.
- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.
- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.
- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.
- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.
- The Brotherhood, or the Assassin’s Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.
- Human shields are in, along with context sensitive actions. The target locking is gone, so the combat dynamics have changed.
- There is a fast travel system. The game is quite larger than Brotherhood; approximately 1.5 times bigger.
- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.
- Den Defense is not in the game (phew!).
- Expect Uncharted level of character interactions with 2.5 hours of scenes recorded.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Screenshots? My god.... I actually thought those were concept art.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Honestly, the American Revolution is one of the coolest possible times and places in history that Assassin's Creed could have gone. Just the setting by itself has me so extremely excited for this game! I can't wait!

If that's for certain then this will surely be the last Assassin's Creed game, as the story and producers/Creators have been saying the story is leading up to 2012 and that they wont stretch past the year as it wont be as realistic in the story stretching past 2012 in real time.

I can't see this being the last game at all. If it's mostly going to be about Connor's life, then there has to be more after this. The last game will have to focus on Desmond and the story taking place in the present. Plus, I don't see how it would be unrealistic to release a game in 2013 or 2014 just because it takes place in 2012.

I'd give my left testicle in saying its fairly certain you'll be releasing Slaves and getting them to fight for you

Normally I'd agree, but I don't see slavery playing a very big role considering the game takes place in the north.

I can see the Templars secretly leading the south for some reason

I think you may be confusing the American Revolution and the American Civil War.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Honestly, the American Revolution is one of the coolest possible times and places in history that Assassin's Creed could have gone. Just the setting by itself has me so extremely excited for this game! I can't wait!

I can't wait either, I just think it could of gone to a different era, you're probably more excited because its your country and homeland so your wondering what it will be like to see the cities in the 18th century.

I can't see this being the last game at all. If it's mostly going to be about Connor's life, then there has to be more after this. The last game will have to focus on Desmond and the story taking place in the present. Plus, I don't see how it would be unrealistic to release a game in 2013 or 2014 just because it takes place in 2012.

Plenty of articles I've read have stated this series was written to round up on 2012 and developers said they don't want it stretching past our date of 21-12-2012, the Mayan apocalypse.

"In Assassin's Creed we set up a time line with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012. That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point."
While the series may not end on 2012 the Desmond story will and so will the apocolypse plot line from the looks of it.

I think you may be confusing the American Revolution and the American Civil War.

Tomato, potato. But okay yes I did, apologies.

Normally I'd agree, but I don't see slavery playing a very big role considering the game takes place in the north.

Slavery has existed for as long as there has been people and bigotry I can't really say there wont be slavery in the game nor can I say there wont, slavery was very popular before human rights and in America before the civil war. Romans did it, Egyptians did it, the dutch did it, the Spanish did it & English and Americans did it.

In fact 5% of African slaves were sent to north america, the rest were sent to the Caribbean and other countries & areas. The American Revolution or war of Independence was during the years 1775–83.

Here's a poster about slavery in colonial america; [Sales poster] Slavery ended with the civil war correct?

And they traded slaves all over america until the civil war with the north against the south. My knowledge on american history isn't very good so I might be wrong on some points, but all evidence I've looked up points to colonial american being a big part of slavery. But there was the beginnings of the abolition of slavery in american in this era nested in the north, though it wasn't until the civil war this was instated as law.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Something I want to know is how big of an influence will the Assassin's actually have in America at this point. There's obviously going to be more of a Templar influence because they have the means of getting places, whereas the Assassin's are probably scrambling everywhere trying to find a ship and secretly send a brotherhood out there, not to mention how hard it would be for them to communicate. The issue of finding new recruits who know the land is going to be a big one. They're probably going to take advantage of the native americans anger of both invading armies to initiate them into the Brotherhood and help out in subjects such as terrain, weapons, and survival.

One thing that caught my eye is that in Connor's outfit they dropped the red for blue. Most likely for the purpose of not showing allegiance to the British, but still, white and red have always been the Assassin's colors.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I can't wait either, I just think it could of gone to a different era, you're probably more excited because its your country and homeland so your wondering what it will be like to see the cities in the 18th century.

Well it's not so much that it's my country, it's just that it's the kind of history that I'm most familiar with. And sure, the reason I'm familiar with it is because it's my country, but if I had somehow taken a bunch of Italian history classes instead of American history ones, I probably would have been this excited for the setting of AC2 and Brotherhood.

Plenty of articles I've read have stated this series was written to round up on 2012 and developers said they don't want it stretching past our date of 21-12-2012, the Mayan apocalypse.

"In Assassin's Creed we set up a time line with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012. That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point."
While the series may not end on 2012 the Desmond story will and so will the apocolypse plot line from the looks of it.

Well that's just depressing. I'm still holding onto the hope that this won't be the last one though.

Slavery has existed for as long as there has been people and bigotry I can't really say there wont be slavery in the game nor can I say there wont, slavery was very popular before human rights and in America before the civil war. Romans did it, Egyptians did it, the dutch did it, the Spanish did it & English and Americans did it.

In fact 5% of African slaves were sent to north america, the rest were sent to the Caribbean and other countries & areas. The American Revolution or war of Independence was during the years 1775–83.

Here's a poster about slavery in colonial america; [Sales poster] Slavery ended with the civil war correct?

And they traded slaves all over america until the civil war with the north against the south. My knowledge on american history isn't very good so I might be wrong on some points, but all evidence I've looked up points to colonial american being a big part of slavery. But there was the beginnings of the abolition of slavery in american in this era nested in the north, though it wasn't until the civil war this was instated as law.

When I said "the north," I meant the northern colonies as opposed to the southern ones. Slavery was a big part of American history, but it wasn't very prevalent in the north and was abolished there in the late 1700s. Slavery was almost entirely a southern thing. That's the biggest reason the Civil War was the north against the south. After that, slavery was finally abolished in the south as well.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Something I want to know is how big of an influence will the Assassin's actually have in America at this point.

Well if you look at Ezio's accomplishments throughout Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & revelations he rebuilt the guild in Rome & furthered missions throughout Europe, if you read the in-game descriptions in brotherhood for the assassin recruit missions you get a feel for the assassin's guild in all the other capitals for that era.

And most clearly survived to modern day if you read the emails on the other HQ's in Brotherhood, in fact new ones such as in south america and north america. I haven't played revelations yet, but I read somewhere that instead of recruits missions you control HQ's missions and spread through the known world in the 16th century that Ezio is active, as you saw at the reformation of Brotherhood in Rome Ezio becomes the guild master of the assassin's of Rome and he is the second most prolific Assassin through history just after Altair.

One thing that caught my eye is that in Connor's outfit they dropped the red for blue. Most likely for the purpose of not showing allegiance to the British, but still, white and red have always been the Assassin's colors.

In the first screenshot he is wearing red & blue. Though I didn't notice that at first.

Piye

Reaction score

Umm. Slavery was in New Jersey at the time this game takes place. Slavery didn't end in new Jersey until 1804. Delaware was a Slave State. New York was a Slave State until 1799. There were Quakers fought for the end of Slavery in Pennsylvania. There were 13,000 slaves in New England by 1750. Estates of 50 to 60 slaves were in the Hudson Valley, Eastern Connecticut. Prominent families in Massachusetts and Rhode island used Slaves as domestic servants.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Slavery wasn't abolished in the late 18th century though it started a movement for the act which didn't get speed and power and alot of people behind it until the mid 19th century which is when the civil war took place, and afterward slavery was indeed abolished.

But is some states slavery was abolished in the late 18th century, but it took many many years for slavery altogether to stop. I feel slightly embarrassed for America as it took a war to stop slavery meanwhile in England all it took was an new law to be acted and people went with it.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Well if you look at Ezio's accomplishments throughout Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & revelations he rebuilt the guild in Rome & furthered missions throughout Europe, if you read the in-game descriptions in brotherhood for the assassin recruit missions you get a feel for the assassin's guild in all the other capitals for that era.

And most clearly survived to modern day if you read the emails on the other HQ's in Brotherhood, in fact new ones such as in south america and north america. I haven't played revelations yet, but I read somewhere that instead of recruits missions you control HQ's missions and spread through the known world in the 16th century that Ezio is active, as you saw at the reformation of Brotherhood in Rome Ezio becomes the guild master of the assassin's of Rome and he is the second most prolific Assassin through history just after Altair.

In the first screenshot he is wearing red & blue. Though I didn't notice that at first.

True, but still, it was much easier than to communicate through carrier pigeons. I can see a couple of assassins getting to the new world by becoming stowaways or maybe pretending to be cleaning boys or something.
Another thing I want to know is if Connor will ever know that he is a descendent of Ezio and Altair. Maybe the he'll recieve a vision from the gods like Ezio did or maybe Washington or a British general will have a PoE on them and Connor will take it and get a vision.

Also, I wonder if Ubisoft will end this main story with this game like they where always saying they would. If they do, that brings up the question of how much time we'll be spending with Connor before the reins are given to Desmond, or if we'll be popping back in and out like in AC1.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Another thing I want to know is if Connor will ever know that he is a descendent of Ezio and Altair. Maybe the he'll recieve a vision from the gods like Ezio did or maybe Washington or a British general will have a PoE on them and Connor will take it and get a vision.

Well he's half Native American, right? So he'll go into the woods, take some peyote, trip his balls off, have a vision quest, and visit Ezio and Altair in his mind.

...What? :|

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Well he's half Native American, right? So he'll go into the woods, take some peyote, trip his balls off, have a vision quest, and visit Ezio and Altair in his mind.

...What? :|

Then he'll open a casino....Right?