• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV?!?!

Krogan

Reaction score
I preferred Fable 1 for a loads of reasons, one being the progression seemed vaster even though it wasn't, because of the Hero's Guild showing that other people started the same and did the same but you rose to the top made it seem a little more fulfilling in that sense, rather than the current, i am the only one so i have to be the best, in Fable 1 all the story was better explained, almost all of the characters had back stories, and the bosses actually seemed like bosses, maybe its just nostalgia, but i do feel like LH are slacking with the recent games .

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
i agree with krogan, his battle master would be proud.i think they could do so much with the simple concept of your the last games heros child, i mean i have like 127 children on fable 3 and your telling me not one of them has my awesome hero blood?!
lies hell you could even have it only a few years after the first, it would be awesome to fight along side mum or dad for albion coz that way your actions will change their opinions of you as well they might even want to try and stop you depending on your moral path. we could even go the starwars way here and the children could be taken away to some far away land, only to learn of their heritage and return to albion to stake their claim, or i could just be talking bollocks

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
My question is in F3, you have hero powers, but Logan doesn't. EXPLAIN THAT!!!!

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
In answer to that, I'm of the firm mind that all offspring from the Archon line are all heroes, however only few are able to tap fully into their heritage because well, they never bothered to try. We hear of Logan managing to survive the Crawler when he visited Aurora the first time while his army was pretty much annihilated. He's got some bit of hero strength in him to get past that at least.

However, it is the younger brother/sister who manage to tap into the full extent of being a hero, with major guidance from Theresa. Same with Sparrow. You have to train and cultivate your abilities to be a true hero. If Theresa had no use for the Hero of Brightwall in the first place, I'm sure the hero's powers would never have manifested past instinctual protection, like Logan's did.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
All i want to see is the OLDER sibiling beog able to have powers. Even in Fable 1, the younger sibling had the powers. The older ones never did. A an older sister and a younger sister as well, i wpuld like to see the older sibilng have power, not the younger one. Or have the hero be a SINGLE child.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
My question is in F3, you have hero powers, but Logan doesn't. EXPLAIN THAT!!!!

Logan may very well have powers. Remember, our Hero didn't even have powers at the start of the game.

I do believe they must 'unlock' them or something, do something to channel the power so they can use it. Recall the Hero of Oakvale having to train for YEARS; or the Hero of Bowerstone unlocking his true potential in the Chamber of Fate; and our our Hero in Fable III (of Brightwall) unlocked his by gaining access to a spell on the RtR much like the Hero of Bowerstone did.

So in all actuality of Fable, Logan may have had powers, he just never tapped into them.

---

Now after typing this I see Lydia answered it already. Nevermind.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
Would tht mean Theresa has powers, cuz the hero of Oakvale was her brother.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Would tht mean Theresa has powers, cuz the hero of Oakvale was her brother.
We know she has powers. She appeared as an old lady in Fable II and Fable III. She has the power to see in the future, and in the first Fable, she gave you an amount of General Experience. Maybe she has other powers as well, but at least we know she can do all this.

seerneed

Reaction score
"I personally, unlike what seems to be everyone else here, wouldn't mind if they got into modern day and futuristic."
(Personally I'd like to go back to the time of the Heroe's guild. I'd like to be able to play as just a hero and build up my own legacy. Maybe Lionhead should take that weapon morphing system and upgrade it into a story morphing system so that anyone who plays the game doesn't have teh same adventure. Make each hero have their own unique story. Not sure how'd they do it, but a chance to truly fashion your own hero with no set path (true storyline) would be awesome.)[/quote]

What?! Figure out what u want then come back to the forum buddy...

seerneed

Reaction score
What if they started a storyline where the spire has just destroyed EVERYTHING, and the new hero is having DREAMS about the previous Fable storylines? Theresa could still be guiding the hero in his/her dreams, and Lionhead could create a new storyline without contradicting Fable's histories.

-More ages... i wanna see teens, children, infants, and elders walking around town
-take guns away... magic is already a good ranged combat, but bows were nice in Fable 1
-More characteristics for villagers (common, straight; rich, prude; poor, flirty) not enough difference
-More interactions with environment (sitting on chairs, burn marks from fireballs, etc.)
-Character creation (looks, different starting scenarios (tired of a family tragedy, followed by revenge), maybe even better pet selection or choice of no pet (I want a tiger or somethig exotic)
-Ability to start a town in an open field (would enhance environmental changes)
-I wanna see my choices have an effect on single villagers (giving a beggar 100,000 gold means the beggar buys a home, starts a family, maybe even becomes a hero)
-MORE WARDROBE CHOICES (tired of clunky clothes that makes female heroes look 2x their width)
-I want to see main characters from cutscenes walking around different towns (Where the hell were the heroes from Fable 2 when I was not with them?!)
-More weapon choices (double blades, staves, shields)
-Take away the house condition bull crap (or at least have an option to repair all at once)
-More quest scenarios (tired of saving kids from hobbes, the same kind of arena scenario, and sacrificing people scenarios can only be done so many times)
-For Godsake, make the villager quests MUCH LESS REPETITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-More emotional connection to family members (more like Rose from Fable 2, and Theresa from Fable 1)
-Less focus on becoming ruler of Albion, and more on the present time and location
-Don't introduce a new land and not make a STRONG connection in the game (Aurora didn't really blend with Albion; I would have loved to see Aurorans walking around Bowerstone)
-Make alignment more like Fable 1 (no more floating buttons on fire telling me it is an evil choice; make the moral gray areas a little bigger; life is not always black and white)
-more diversity in villagers (different clothing styles, hair colors/styles, more voice differences, more relationships between villagers(I want to know whose little girl is running through town), perhaps some villagers could have pets)
-More dye choices
-More hairstyles for Hero
-More house customization (I wana change the color of a room, or convert a room to a bedroom for a child on the way)
-Females should show pregnancy (villagers and Heroes; no baby just appears in a crib right after sex)
-WEATHER SYSTEM
-SEASONAL SYSTEM
-possibly add some caves in certain map areas
-I want to build a town from nearly nothing(maybe I come across a few stalls on my journey, so I decide to buy a few things, then the next time I come throug the area, more stalls, then homes, then stores, pretty soon a bustling town inhabits the area)
-Wider variety of clothing (different boot styles for women, more choices in pants for men, ands should be VERY different from eachother clothing wise)
-More evil missions
-No more "dark worshippers" (Fable 1 had that small temple to sacrifice villagers, Fable 2 had that cult to sacrifice villagers, Fable 3 had that temple that you had to lend the guy money to properly excavate the ruins to build a temple(probably to sacrifice villagers O_O)
-Make MORE body types for villagers(make some women buxoum, and others REALLY fat, and some men have a "V" shate and others could be fat and lazy)
-More story branches (I LOVE playing Fable series, but when I replay a game, It is SOOOOOOOOOO REPETITIVE!!!!!!!!)
-More furniture choices
-I want to get to know the Heroes family(Moleyneux OBVIOUSLY has some issues with his parents since the Hero's parent are either killed or dead before the start of the game)
-Maybe some kids that the hero grows up with either stay with the Hero throughout the game or end up being the bad guy down the line)

Let me know what everyone thinks. I know it is A LOT of information, but I have SSOOOOOOO many ideas (this was about 1/3 of my list >.<)