• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guns! you get guns!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score
Guns! you get guns!.....

Has any1 seen the trailor with th guy and the girl with GUNS. if the put guns in there than I wont be as good as it can be:'( :realmad:

JBL

Saber
Reaction score
Re: Guns! you get guns!.....

Yeah, I saw that trailer too. If they do have guns in the game, it'd probably feel like San Andreas with monsters and stuff.

F

FableFreak

I don't see why everyone hates the gun idea? Fable 2 is set 500 years after the original (in a colonial theme), so i'd expect there to be new advances in weapons, etc.

V

Vegeta

True but it takes away the fantasy of the game. Now it's gonna suck like a war game.

F

FableFreak

Well it doesn't have to be like a war game because you dont have to get a gun if you dont want too!

D

DrZoid

Besides they were hardly the guns you get in any war games or......grand theft auto. Just looks like a step up from the crossbow to me.

A

Asura

It'll probably use the same system as the crossbow.. I think it's kind of a cool idea. You may get to be a pirate in this one.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I wouldnt talk about how bad its going to be before the idea has even been confirmed, yeah we saw them in the trailer but no details have been released yet really. You cant say something is going to ruin the game until you have tested it yourself.

F

FableFreak

well spoken Dark Drakan, well spoken.

M

Maleficus

Loading a gun from that era was a slow process, maybe two shots a minute. Shots will probably end up being like a special attack, or be like the crossbow, slow and powerful.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That is true how muskets and pistols back then were powerful but slow to hold. In my opinion, I think it is a great idea, something like this could add depth to the game and further strengthen its combat (unlike the first which which was pretty weak I'm sad to say). Just one thing I hope they add along with guns, Throwing Knives. If your going to be an assassin like character, you NEED throwing knives. That or any other type of throwing weapon.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
That is true how muskets and pistols back then were powerful but slow to hold. In my opinion, I think it is a great idea, something like this could add depth to the game and further strengthen its combat (unlike the first which which was pretty weak I'm sad to say). Just one thing I hope they add along with guns, Throwing Knives. If your going to be an assassin like character, you NEED throwing knives. That or any other type of throwing weapon.

I agree, im interested to see if/how they will implement this idea or evolve it into the game.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score

Yeah, maybe the gun idea won't be so bad. But personally, I'd prefer a sword.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

The you can stick with a sword, that's the power that Fable holds.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
The you can stick with a sword, that's the power that Fable holds.

Yeah the best thing about Fable is the power of 'choice'

A

Asura

Here's an idea.. How about a hunting type feature. Kill food to refill a stamina bar, regain health, or use it as trophie of sorts (same bragging system as the original).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Asura said:
Here's an idea.. How about a hunting type feature. Kill food to refill a stamina bar, regain health, or use it as trophie of sorts (same bragging system as the original).

That all depends how deep of an RPG they want to make it and what other things along those lines effect you aswel.

C

Crazyarms

I think the gun idea would be ok. not great, but not a disaster either. Like JBL i perfer a sword. Guns are for cowards!

A

Asura

After a while, the hack and slash system gets old and worn out.. Colonial guns on the other hand is a somewhat fresh idea.

C

Crazyarms

I agree that they need a new way to fight, but im not so sure about guns. I mean look at KoTOR. That has combination of guns and swords. I dont want fable to feel anything like KoTOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.