• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How I feel about Fable III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
honestly, i found most of your post hard to decipher. if i misinterpreted any points would you kindly point them out? :)
Right, but the (1) posts opposing the leading opinion are there to change the other's opinions or just to say that they're wrong and they need to get over themselves. This intent is welcome? Though people do it otherwise, and we have no power to stop them, there's really nothing we can do. I think you took it to an extreme that I didn't mean or even consider/isn't relevant. (2) Intolerance was never rule-breaking either. Everyone is intolerant of something, and the inability to express that isn't fair. I just don't understand why that one phrase was taken to unnecessary and irrelevant heights. Wordplay is a tricky thing.
i found a lot of your post to be extremely hard to read and interpret, so i'm emboldening the individual sentences that i understand and am adressing.

1.) no, posts in reaction to someones opinion are not there to change it. discussions exist to match up opposing points of view, examing each persons logic, and eliminate misconceptions in said logic. it isn't to change their mind, it's a tool of self examination. guess what, the intent to express your opinions is welcome. when it comes to regular members, free speech is welcomed. you're free to post something that's racist, sexist, or offensive in every way. just like others are welcome to read what you said and point out where you're close-minded. just like i did to your post, you did to mine, and i'm currently doing to you. what grim said, though allowed in speech, is HIGHLY discouraged in practice. in fact, this very thread has an anti-free speech nature to it. he posted a thread about why fable 3 is bad, which conveniently gives some people the notion that they can claim someone posting the opposition as off-topic. i haven't taken anything to an extreme, i'm saying everyone here has been free to say what they did. angel posted what she did not as an admin, but as a member of the community. there was no threat administrative action, only a personal reaction.

2.) you are absolutely right. i challenge you to point out exactly where i said that something that was said here shouldn't have been. honestly, please quote that in your next reply because i want to see it.

When have I not had the right to say when I think someone is wrong? You're saying that the admins are never wrong...which is just stupid. Of course they can be wrong, and they can know it, but acknowledging it is one thing and acting upon it is quite another.
i am in no way shape or form saying the admins are perfect. i'm saying that they are not bound by any moral code. if you **** them off, there's nothing to stop them from banning you if they feel like it and turning the rules upside down in that instance. if i could sum in up in one quotation it would probably be
It's their house, their rules

once again, i would love to see where i said that quoted in your next reply. seriously, please indulge me.

You're taking one thing I said and applying it to every situation. That's a faulty analogy. I said that it was wrong for her to say that it's wrong to say who they want in their thread. I never said that she was wrong for stating her opinion. I, personally, think it's wrong to say someone else is wrong for something they said that's based on opinion or personal comfort (as well as others that I won't get into).
it isn't faulty to apply it in every form. that's how you avoid the double standards that our dear grimwhim likes to point out so much.
look, you have every right to say what you are saying, and i have every right to reply to it. is that black and white enough?

I never condemned her for her opinion against mine. They're just unnecessary and prodding.
nobodies opinion is necessary, nobody is special. your is unnecessary, mines unnecessary, what's your point? and i think that prodding isn't the word you wanted to use, because for the life of me i can't understand what you intended by using it.

And that's a dangerous thing to claim. But, fine, whatever. I accept your point of view, but I can't understand or agree with it.
it's absolutely true. the staff are human. if the rules of the forum were black and white grim would have been banned the second his new account had been discovered. the fact is, for better or worse, the staff are human. they could ban every registered member if the mood struck. obviously the reason they don't is because they care about the community, but they are human.[/quote]

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
honestly, i found most of your post hard to decipher. if i misinterpreted any points would you kindly point them out? :)

1.) no, posts in reaction to someones opinion are not there to change it. discussions exist to match up opposing points of view, examing each persons logic, and eliminate misconceptions in said logic. it isn't to change their mind, it's a tool of self examination. guess what, the intent to express your opinions is welcome. when it comes to regular members, free speech is welcomed. you're free to post something that's racist, sexist, or offensive in every way. just like others are welcome to read what you said and point out where you're close-minded. just like i did to your post, you did to mine, and i'm currently doing to you. what grim said, though allowed in speech, is HIGHLY discouraged in practice. in fact, this very thread has an anti-free speech nature to it. he posted a thread about why fable 3 is bad, which conveniently gives some people the notion that they can claim someone posting the opposition as off-topic. i haven't taken anything to an extreme, i'm saying everyone here has been free to say what they did. angel posted what she did not as an admin, but as a member of the community. there was no threat administrative action, only a personal reaction.

2.) you are absolutely right. i challenge you to point out exactly where i said that something that was said here shouldn't have been. honestly, please quote that in your next reply because i want to see it.

i am in no way shape or form saying the admins are perfect. i'm saying that they are not bound by any moral code. if you **** them off, there's nothing to stop them from banning you if they feel like it and turning the rules upside down in that instance. if i could sum in up in one quotation it would probably be

once again, i would love to see where i said that quoted in your next reply. seriously, please indulge me.

it isn't faulty to apply it in every form. that's how you avoid the double standards that our dear grimwhim likes to point out so much.
look, you have every right to say what you are saying, and i have every right to reply to it. is that black and white enough?

nobodies opinion is necessary, nobody is special. your is unnecessary, mines unnecessary, what's your point? and i think that prodding isn't the word you wanted to use, because for the life of me i can't understand what you intended by using it.

it's absolutely true. the staff are human. if the rules of the forum were black and white grim would have been banned the second his new account had been discovered. the fact is, for better or worse, the staff are human. they could ban every registered member if the mood struck. obviously the reason they don't is because they care about the community, but they are human.
Never believed I'd see a post by CMN that didn't had a joke thrown in somewhere...

Also, I'm quite sure the poster above me is someone who actually agrees with GW and SS, and is trying to martyrize them. Or perhaps he/she is just stupid.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Never believed I'd see a post by CMN that didn't had a joke thrown in somewhere...

Also, I'm quite sure the poster above me is someone who actually agrees with GW and SS, and is trying to martyrize them. Or perhaps he/she is just stupid.
i don't like my srs bsns side, but when srs bsns needs to be done, i become srs bsns.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
This left the realm of "discussion" long ago. No one can understand or agree or accept anyone else's point of view, as what is happening right now. I honestly don't understand where this babble is coming from. I'm a little confused at your logic...I guess you're just superior to me :/

what do you think my quoting of your every phrase has been doing?

So? I know this and never said anything about it nor cared about it.

That's, actually, the definition of a faulty analogy. But, okay, fine. You're all knowing.

Actually, yours was unnecessary to begin with, I don't know when mine every became unnecessary other than the fact that they are off topic, but I'm not the one who derailed. I only followed :/

What's wrong with "prodding"?
2. to rouse or incite as if by poking; nag; goad.
That's was my intentional use of the word. (Crosswords :))

it's absolutely true. the staff are human. if the rules of the forum were black and white grim would have been banned the second his new account had been discovered. the fact is, for better or worse, the staff are human. they could ban every registered member if the mood struck. obviously the reason they don't is because they care about the community, but they are human.
And those who are making double-profiles should also be banned as well as the one who posted that comment above. Hm...I wonder why that's not happening...

Clearly the "caring" is one way, or funneled to certain members...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Terra whoever it was has been banned and their posts deleted. They were posting so fast it took a while to catch up - apologies for what was seen in the meantime.

NOW - this has gone far enough. Cheez and ssjcb this really should not have gone so far. you've both taken a thread and completely derailed it beyond redemption and I trust this won't happen again. You both need to keep it to PM's if it's that important to discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.