• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Male or Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Male or Female

I already know what weapons you want, how you're running the kingdom, what your alignment's going to be, but what gender are you selecting?

I'm going to be male. The point of this thread was more for me because I do not want to mate with an NPC (unless they're unique). So if anyone is being a female, well...

I'm sure marrying another hero will bring more followers than the daughter of the mayor of brightwood, for example, so that's pretty much why I want this... not because I secretly love you... :ninja:

anain12

Reaction score
Re: Male or Female

Id say female if they are attractive otherwise male. probably most people will play the game twice, one time female the other time male

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

So you're going with female. Are you "mating" with an NPC? or...

numb3rs

Guilty Pleasure
Reaction score

^
^ yeah i'll probably play a male the a female, but i'll most likely end up just playing my male most of the time

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

You can marry other people via XBL?

Also ill be playing as a male most of the time

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

ya you can. You can marry, mate, and own businesses together if you can't aford one alone for example.

Lupus

Reaction score

I'll do a 50-50 split one male one female one pure one corrupt etc etc =)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I've done a few games as a female on Fable 2, but I've been a male on the majority of them. It'll probably be the same way with Fable 3.

anain12

Reaction score

I'll ''mate'' with both boys and girl as girl/boy, you got a problem?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;383977 said:
ya you can. You can marry, mate, and own businesses together if you can't aford one alone for example.

That is cool

Lady

Queen
Reaction score

I am proud to be a woman, and while playing multi-gender is all good and fun, I'll start with the exploration of a psychological world I already know.

And, I by no means intend to be a wallflower. If the developers have learned one thing from many of the comments sent to them, is that there were many fable followers disappointed by the choices to be made in the sense of a "pixilated partner." Peter seems to have worked very hard to make relationships in the upcoming Fable III more viable, more realistic, more "emotional :"

(Hobbes_pwn's [INTERVIEW] Gamesradar Finish their Interview with PM:
Http://forums.projectego.net/interview-gameradar-finish-their-interview-pm-23803/)

Paragraph 10 - Last Line: "So you can do all that stuff and you formulate this relationship. If you keep on going with it then that can turn into a kiss, and that can turn into a snog which can turn into a date and that could turn, finally, into marriage."

and

Paragraph 11 and 12: " All of that is really big emotional stuff and it all comes from that emotional connection. / ... / I think that the Touch system is a much bigger emotional engine than anything we’ve ever had in Fable before. / . . . / You really feel like you’re punishing people or chastising people or kissing people."

Unless Peter expects his Fable Fanboys and Fangirls to be sick and demented persons, or even bored and scientific - in which such actions are simply a result of a personal case study (Ugly, Boring People Who All Look The Same verses Kissing) - I do not believe that one can achieve this state of "emotional connection" with previous Fable NPC AI formatting, design and programming. If he intends to live up to what he has described - in which I offer no opinion on the matter - he will "have" to make a variety of unique NPC-types to validate his claims, to make Players more immersed into this "world of romance," and possibly to save his reputation against said angry Fanboys and Fangirls.

The point of my superfluous (lengthy) explanation is that I don't necessarily feel marriage to a random X-box Live character will be necessary if the Lionhead Studios Team plays their cards right, - though, I might be more willing to open up my X-Box Live V-card for an achievement, which aught to say : "ZOMG! NO LONGER A CHERRY (small text) online...."

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

If I wanted to marry with a human being over Xbox LIVE, it would have to be a person that is actually a female in real life. I don't know why... But Angel <3

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I'll be both but dominently female

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Daemon300;384139 said:
If I wanted to marry with a human being over Xbox LIVE, it would have to be a person that is actually a female in real life. I don't know why... But Angel <3

Little will you know we'll have something on the side... :ninja:

SaintHermit

I nose hair
Reaction score

I will be male, and I wouldn't mind a partner, but I don't think i can handle losing you. It's just too painful and I might end up setting fire to that factory we built together, or hanging that slave we captured. Don't leave meeeeee.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I understand how hard it'd be. But I'm sorry, I must go. :'(

Anyway, I've never played as a female character (mostly because of who makes the noises during sex in that situation), is it any different? I always thought you wouldn't feel as connected to the character that is opposite sex because, well...it's not you.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

first male then female

SORAYISS

Reaction score

its kinduv scary how people are getting so isolated and disconnected from the real world, that holding, touching and kissing is being done more in video games than in real life. At this point you have to ask, is this really for fun or are people substituting games for theyre real life because they dont have one.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

If I've said it once I've said it at least another two times! I am not marrying you all!

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Both sexes, no idea in which order.

Status
Not open for further replies.