• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts and Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
My thoughts and Ideas.

I felt like making my OWN thread about what I think should be in Fable II and how the story line should go, Read if you like. :D

Story:
I think there should be a school of some sort (Fable I) kind of school, I loved that (nearly) the most in Fable I, So i think you should be part of the "Heroes Guild" OR for a big affect in the story line like a "Villain Guild" So you can play TWO different story lines, One where you try and save everyone and then one where you have to destroy everything.
Good Choice:
So i figured instead of it being some weapon that will the destroy world maybe a Plague? or Maybe the main bad guy brings back all the main leaders and try to destroy everything and so on, But i personally like the plague one.. I think Theresa SHOULDNT be in this one, BUT if she is I think she should be the main evil character. and Hammer, Garth and Reaper whatever his nam eis shouldnt return. We need to see new characters.
Bad Choice:
Kind of vice versa you unleash the plague or bring back the main baddies.. and so on..

Items/Miscillaneous.:
There was alot more items in Fable II that you could muddle around with.. but.. still need more.. for instense.
- Clothing should have Armour Rating.
- Jewellery should be enhanced.
- Skin colour Change, Facial Presets. (Like Fallout 3, Oblivion..)
- Maybe a different pet? But that'd be kind of hard.. Cat, Dog, Bird.
- A bigger variety of Clothes, Clothes that you see on the normal people you should be able to have.

Map/Area:
It needs to be a bit more open world, Kind of like GTA IV Styles. But maybe not THAT much.

Communication:
- Communication with other NPC's should be a bit more "well done", Give you more options.
- Being able to talk in the game!!! :D Haha.

Skills:
- I think the skills are quite well done.. Maybe a bit more Variety? e.g.
- Physical, Strength, Health, Resistance, And a Level that you need to get up so you can hold Specific types of weapons..
- Skill, Accuracy, Speed, Dextorious, Agility (Run faster, Rolling, Duck, Crawl.), Guile (Sneak, Trading.)
- Magic, Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Electric, Ice, Raise Undead, Time, Swords, Summon, And then make Each of those surround and Direct attacks. (Except Summon and Raise undead - they're surround.)

So thats what i can think of right now, Ill update every now and then. :p

JLBoyyy

The Hero of Awesomeness
Reaction score
Re: My thoughts and Ideas.

whats with the armor rating? bullets cant be dodged with armor on... to heavy. (i mean you cant go to cover...)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Why this general obsession with armour? I thought it was a good idea not to force you to wear "the best" armour and end up looking the same with all your characters.

X

Xeon

I don't really care about rating, maybe the first time I played Fable 1 through but the game is freakin easy

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

Agreed Tsuyu, no Armour.

But the school idéa is good, i like it on the first game, as harry potter? And the magic would be interesting if you don't learn everything through exp, more funny if they put some books in the world of Albion, you most find them to learn some new spells, sounds better, right?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I agree with your School idea, boy did I love going around the Guild boasting to all those generic ladies.

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. "

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Tsuyu;314244 said:
Why this general obsession with armour? I thought it was a good idea not to force you to wear "the best" armour and end up looking the same with all your characters.

Yeah, but didn't you end up kinda having the same effect with the other stats? I kinda ended up choosing my clothes because they'd make me look good or attractive instead of by whether I actually liked them. I eventually gave up on that, but still. (Ironically, in the first game I didn't do that. I wore villager clothes the whole damn time, except when I mixed in some Apprentice or Will User robes.)

droded;316983 said:
I agree with your School idea, boy did I love going around the Guild boasting to all those generic ladies.

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. "

Yep, and those sweet young things were always like "oooh, old gray-haired man who just got out of prison. He has such a nice ass."

But yes, I kinda would like to see the Heroes Guild or its long-lost cousin. Villain's Guild doesn't make much sense because, well, who really thinks they're a villain? Everyone thinks they're doing the right thing.

Plague that's going to destroy the world? Ah... maybe? At least it's a bit different from Jack and Lucien/the Spire. "Quick! Find a Muslim doctor! Or at least a Jewish one! These European ****ers are inept!" Or, actually, we'd probably be past that point in Albion's history analogous to that point in our own. But still.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Yeah, this is all good. Definitely need the school thing back.
this game also needs rape. Killing people just isn't evil enough any more.

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Story: It'll probably revolve mainly around a kid who's family dies, judging from 1 and 2, a Heroes Guild might be nice to see again, as long as it has a story why it's brought back and not just "Oh hey the guild is back."

Good/Evil: Bring back the main badguys? You mean in the new game or from 1 and 2? If you mean 1 and 2 that contradicts your "we need new characters", and Theresa will probably show up in some form. A plague idea might fit, depending on the age they are in, if it is just the child of Fable 2's hero, it would very much fit, but another 500 years it might not.

Items: Armor was pretty useless really, you could beat Fable 1 in anything, wearing full plate/archon armor made it a cakewalk, perhaps having rings, necklaces, maybe even earrings with bonuses might sound good, or even a way to 'enchant' simple clothes to act like armor, that you can reuse and make stronger over time, perhaps some sort of spell (so you can wear anything and eventually make it the strongest thing out there, and if you find something that looks better you can just enchant that instead).

Map/Area: I'd like a minimap back myself, I found myself sometimes lost starting off, going in a circle at some points, especially Wraith Marsh, more Sandboxed could go good or bad, depending on how it is done.

Communication: Hit and miss, being able to influence/converse with NPCs could be interesting, but could become a hassle if nessecary.

Skills: The skill set up is fine, though the only thing I'd like to see change is the spell set up, a will bar and losing charging would be very good to see, as charging took far too long, and normally the only useful spell was Time Control.

Hexen_Harlot;317039 said:
this game also needs rape. Killing people just isn't evil enough any more.

That would probably make the game AO.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah scratch the Armour Thing, I think they SHOULD HAVE Armour, Maybe not with a Defensive rating or whatever, but Purity, Attractiveness.. e.g.

But yes, Very good idea..

D

Darksteel

They ought to have to guilds, where neither of the names point to if it's good or evil and you can choose which one. The Guildmaster tells you your quest, and makes it sound like your doing this to help albion, despite if you joined the good or bad one.

And more character customization

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah it needs to have Facial Modification, Not HARDCORE.. Unless you want Hardcore.. Haha. But so that you can design your OWN special character and then when he goes bad, he gets all dark, red, scaley, horns.. you know the jist..

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

the school idea me like! we need to get back to the original joy of fable, learning everything for the first time, treading carefully to remain in the light, or sacrificing ten ton of villagers at skorm's chapel for a bow! Either way I'm good with it!

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I hope they correct the whole experience potions thing. It was way too easy to just drink your way to maximum level.

If we can still buy ton of those potions in Fable III, they should be presented as drugs or something, and you get evil\corruption points for using them.

Real heroes work their way to godhood!

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Ithan;317052 said:
That would probably make the game AO.

Not really. What they could do is make a Rape expression that, when used, makes the hero knock the targeted character out. The hero then looks around cautiously, then kneels in front of the body as the screen fades to black. When it fades back to the game, you have a fine, etc.

But yeah, I like most of your ideas with the exception of the story and armor ratings. A Villain's Guild just doesn't sit right with me, and the way you described the two choices made it sound very... restrictive. I wouldn't mind having good and evil endings, mind you, but which ending you get should be determined entirely by your choices throughout the game rather than a single choice at the very end. They could have layered endings as well, ala Silent Hill.

As for armor ratings, Fable III will most likely take place a hundred or so years after Fable II, so armor will most likely still be obsolete. Instead, they should include a Strength skill that decreases the amount of damage you take from enemy attacks, also known as Toughness. Another option Lionhead could consider on top of that is giving clothing a very slight protective edge that isn't mentioned in-game. Clothes aren't armor by any means, but they still put something between you and any outside danger.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Bluedrake;328131 said:
I hope they correct the whole experience potions thing. It was way too easy to just drink your way to maximum level.

If we can still buy ton of those potions in Fable III, they should be presented as drugs or something, and you get evil\corruption points for using them.

Real heroes work their way to godhood!

I don't like that idea. Sounds more like a way of punishing you for playing good than anything else. Bad enough that in F2 certain foods made you get... I can't remember if it was corrupt or evil points, but I didn't like it. Made it harder to stay good, even if not by much. If they were trying to fix over-use of potions, there'd have to be better ways.

Though, actually, didn't they already do a bit of that? If I remember right, a few forms of alcohol had XP bonuses and gave you corruption.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

That rape expression idea is just creepy, I'd hate to see that implemented. :lol:

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Tsuyu;314244 said:

I'd like to have armor with NO rating or protection at all, just for show.

And what's with the whole, Corrupt points for meat?!I eat lots of meat, and i'm pretty nice.
*Feels horns growing out of head* Sunuvabitch.

C'mon peter.Do better.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

droded;328390 said:
That rape expression idea is just creepy, I'd hate to see that implemented. :lol:

Yeah, I've been ignoring that and hoping they'll stop talking about it. They haven't.

Mr.Blank;328405 said:
And what's with the whole, Corrupt points for meat?!I eat lots of meat, and i'm pretty nice.
*Feels horns growing out of head* Sunuvabitch.

Yeah, I agree with you there. What's wrong with a nice steak? I mean, the cow doesn't like it, but so what? Though I could probably find some vegans and/or vegetarians who disagree with me.

T

Tomhap

what i would like in fable 3 would seriously be: liposuction... seriusly tho my characters get fat really easily... i'm not going to allow my next character to eat anything but celery...
i would also like a big open world, and a horse/wolf/hobbe stilts (or maybe a a flying thing like an eagle or smth) i would also like to be able to quickly switch my spells around.
and i would like the ability to die.. this game is just way to easy.
I would love to see some harder/strategical fights. we didnt even get to fight lord lucien... the closest thing we got to a final boss fight was the giant shard. I miss bosses like the kraken, and that we can't randomly encounter trolls in the wild.

really the only change i reallly really want is the game to be more difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.