• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question on Weapons, Morphing, and Quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Question on Weapons, Morphing, and Quantity

So like, we buy a base weapon, then as we use it it changes?

Like, I can buy a Sword, and be an evil person, and have an evil sword.
Then when I want, I can purchase a hammer, change to a good guy, and have a good weapon.

Does the same weapon stick with us all the time, or is it like Fable II's weapon system, only this time each weapon morphs.

This is what made me ask this:
"You are then free to change that online, to sell that online and someone else can buy that sword crafted by you, you can reuse it, you can gift it. What's so great about these swords is that as you use them they go up in value. It's a way of making money, almost like a job, and this morphing technology applies to blades, it applies to swords, guns and hammers, shotguns and gauntlets. Gauntlets are our new magic system."

Lithary

Reaction score
Re: Question on Weapons, Morphing, and Quantity

What weapons and gear are we going to have at disposal anyway?
What weapons and gear are confirmed and what weapons and gear we might have?

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Lithary;407069 said:
What weapons and gear are we going to have at disposal anyway?
What weapons and gear are confirmed and what weapons and gear we might have?

Sword, hammer, rifle and pistol are confirmed. As well as the new guantlet magic system. That is all I know, well your can morph your hammer into a scyth, I think. I saw it in several videos.

MournfulStorms

*Snerk*
Reaction score

Vicious Dice;407149 said:
Sword, hammer, rifle and pistol are confirmed. As well as the new guantlet magic system. That is all I know, well your can morph your hammer into a scyth, I think. I saw it in several videos.

I always wanted a scythe :D

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

No, OP You will hold the sword and rub it and yell something then the sword will transform.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I'd like to know if the weapon stops changing at some point. PM didn't say anything about that, so the weapon could keep morphing, with no way to keep it the way you like.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407214 said:
I'd like to know if the weapon stops changing at some point. PM didn't say anything about that, so the weapon could keep morphing, with no way to keep it the way you like.

I agree. I want a weapon the way I want it. Not having it changing and changing into something that I don't want. Fix it into place where I want it.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

There'll most likely be a way to freeze the morphing. Maybe if you go to your weapon you could press a button making it stay the way you want. It's very unlikely they haven't anticipated this so hopefuly there'll be a way.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Evan;407281 said:
There'll most likely be a way to freeze the morphing. Maybe if you go to your weapon you could press a button making it stay the way you want. It's very unlikely they haven't anticipated this so hopefuly there'll be a way.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. There were some spectacularly bad design choices in Fable 2. The one-item only shop inventory comes to mind. They may well have made the weapons to keep changing.

From what I've seen so far, you will get a few swords, fight bandits, move to a new area and encounter balverines, so you move to your sanctuary and switch swords not to change your sword of bandit-slaying.

That sounds like the sort of thing they'd do.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407290 said:
I wouldn't be too sure about that. There were some spectacularly bad design choices in Fable 2. The one-item only shop inventory comes to mind. They may well have made the weapons to keep changing.

From what I've seen so far, you will get a few swords, fight bandits, move to a new area and encounter balverines, so you move to your sanctuary and switch swords not to change your sword of bandit-slaying.

That sounds like the sort of thing they'd do.

Really good point. Now I'm worried. :(

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I still think they'll have a way to freeze the morphing. We'll just have to wait and see.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Evan;407303 said:
I still think they'll have a way to freeze the morphing. We'll just have to wait and see.

Agreed.

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

I need to have that freeze morph thingamigigy. I plan on making anime swords and crap.

Stick O' Death

The stick o' death burns
Reaction score

If it is possible to morph a hammer in to a scythe (not sure how that works) then surely to avo I chould be able to morph a sword into a spear of some sort...right? right o.o;

Reaction score

i'm gonna turn my sword into a

...lightsaber...

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Stick O' Death;407342 said:
If it is possible to morph a hammer in to a scythe (not sure how that works) then surely to avo I chould be able to morph a sword into a spear of some sort...right? right o.o;

Yep, I believe it is possible. I wanna scythe, you wann spear. To each is own...

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

i can understand your worries of the constantly changing weapons, i have the same fear, but my main fear is that since i want to make a zweihander as my main blade, i don't want my guy to look like Marius Pudgenowcski i rather him look more like berserk guts.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Dark Prophit;407379 said:
i don't want my guy to look like Marius Pudgenowcski i rather him look more like berserk guts.

Actually, I wish they'd used that guy as a model for the maximum physique morph in Fable 2. He doesn't look fat, just buff.

Lithary

Reaction score

Eh... I wouldn't...
I would rather want athletic type of muscles...
Long, thin and strong muscles...
Not body builder type muscles where you look like a potato...
Anyway...
I hope I can have a rapier or Chinese sword for my weapon...

Status
Not open for further replies.