• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Boatlift

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I was recently sent this. I thought it was a pretty cool video, kind of looks at a day everybody is tired of hearing about, but looks at a certain part which is rarely looked at or touched upon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOrzF7B2Kg

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
That was awesome. And at the part where they said hundreds of boats emerged on the horizon, I cracked a smile. Truly amazing.

The only downpart is that in the comments people start talking about how great America is and that the rest of the world wishes they were like them >_>. Patriotism is good, arrigance isn't.

I'm on a boat.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
That was awesome. And at the part where they said hundreds of boats emerged on the horizon, I cracked a smile. Truly amazing.

The only downpart is that in the comments people start talking about how great America is and that the rest of the world wishes they were like them >_>. Patriotism is good, arrigance isn't.

I'm on a boat.

YES! Agreed! It honestly made me feel proud of my fellow countrymen and honestly patriotic, but the majority of those comments kill that feeling. They take pride and patriotism and turn it into a nationalist, imperialist, ignorant form like "We are number one. Everyone wishes they were us. This is the true American spirit. We showed them. America forever. We will always be number one. We are the best. We should never apologize to anybody. Let everyone else around the World apologize because they want to be like us." Those people totally killed that feeling and that video in general. They were most likely the same people who were out there in the streets chanting "USA" and acting like idiotic fools when it was announced that Osama had been killed.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
This story was not an American triumph. It was a human triumph.

Agreed too. It should be known as people coming together to help one another out, humans putting differences and risks aside, not just American people. You make a good point.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I just don't like how countries and borders divide people. It brings about things like feelings of superiority and inferiority when no such thing really exists. Given this same situation, people in Europe, South America, the middle east, Asia, etc. could have and probably would have done the same.