• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 modding questions, no I'm not a noob to Fable modding

C

Captainneg09

2 modding questions, no I'm not a noob to Fable modding

First:
Is it possible to make houses livable as in have a wife live in it that aren't normally livable? If so then how

Second:
How do I create new expressions for my hero using other villagers animations?

Thank's in advance and of course I will post the mods on Fable TLC Mods!

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: 2 modding questions, no I'm not a noob to Fable modding

q1: Yes, and there are 2 ways of fixing this: Kill the owner of the house and the house will become for sale, or via scripting - but I'm very rusty on scripting so someone else will have to tell you how (scripting info here).

[edit]
You might be able to do this very simple, but I'm not sure if this works, cause the script might be stored in your savegame. Anyway, if you look at a basic building script:
Code:
NewThing Building;
Player 4;
UID 18446769534187468629;
DefinitionType "BUILDING_BEACHHUT";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 33.648926;
PositionY 72.062988;
PositionZ 34.963562;
RHSetForwardX 0.97029;
RHSetForwardY 0.241921;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX -0.000167;
RHSetUpY 0.00067;
RHSetUpZ 0.999994;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCVillageMember;
VillageUID 0;
EndCTCVillageMember;
StartCTCBuyableHouse;
WifeLivingHere 0;
OwnedByPlayer FALSE;
IsScripted FALSE;
Rented FALSE; 
DayNextRentIsDue 2147483647;
CurrentDressLevel 0;
VirtualMoneyBags 0;
EndCTCBuyableHouse;
Health 15000.0;
EndThing;
You see: OwnedByPlayer FALSE; If you set that to TRUE, you might be the owner.
But again; not sure if this works since I've never done this.

q2: That's hardcore modding stuff. This comes from my new to modding fable thread:
Editing Animations and the CAppearanceDef
#This is stuff for more advanced modders. If you don't consider yourself one, don't mess with it.

#It's not possible to create new animations and import them in the game (the graphics.big).

#However it is possible to add animations from other npc's to the hero, or swap the hero's model and make it use other animations.
This stuff is handled in the CAppearanceDef, and Silver wrote an application to work with it. You'll also find some instructions there.
As said above: this isn't easy and I only know of a couple of people who've created mods with the app;
Silver (Express yourself), Bluetooth (Staff Animations) and Marcopolo (Balverine Transformation mod).

#Morerunes wrote a little how to

C

Captainneg09

On the 1st question I meant how to make it a Marital home so you can have more than 1 wife in a town, sorry for not being clear about that!

Btw thank's for replying to my post, and for the help :)

jwc2200

Reaction score

It is possible, I just did it.
twowives.jpg

How to:
I only tried one way, that was to make the second house a hero house. This means it will need to be in a place that is about the same size as the buyable house for that region. I kept the physics standard the same so the house would be in the right position. I tested it in Snowspire, change:

DefinitionType "BUILDING_SNOWSPIRE_HOUSE_MEDIUM_SINGLE_FLOOR";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
to
DefinitionType "BUILDING_SNOWSPIRE_HOUSE_BUYABLE";
ScriptName BuyableHouse;
ScriptData "BuyableHouse";

The 'Buyable_House_Signpost' showed up with no changes to it's script.

To keep from having to find and kill the current owner script the house so that the hero owns it. Change:
OwnedByPlayer FALSE;
to
OwnedByPlayer TRUE;

I think you need to do this before you get to the region for it to take affect. If you do it after you have been there and saved the game, try changing UID's.

The way I did it was to marry a woman to go in the owned by script house before I bought the regular buyable house, that way she only had one house to go to. When I married the second, she went to the regular buyable house I had just bought.

Edit: I guess if you change the scale on the regular buyable houses you could fit them anywhere and have a whole town full of wives. Just and afterthought.

C

Captainneg09

I assumed you meant do this in chocolatebox's reigon editor when I click on the house? I did THAT and lol there's no house!

jwc2200

Reaction score

I used AE to make the changes. To me it is better for making script changes because I haven't used cbox enough to have gotten accustomed to it.