• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

3 odd problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Reaction score
Hello! Me and my wife loved the other Fables, but seem to be having some troubles finding things in this version

1. Where are my items? My wife purchased some healing potions, and wanted to see how many she had, and could not find an inventory screen. Where is it and/or how do I activate it?

2. Where is my health bar? Again, my wife complained about dying, because she doesn't seem to be able to find the health bar. How do you plop it up on the screen?

3. Turn off the safety/kill villagers. What can I say? I love playing the bad guy. I loved dispensing murder and death on whole towns in Fable 2, but can't seem to find how to turn off the safety in this game.

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Eugene

Reaction score
Oh, and my wife wanted me to ask how you can change expressions;she wants to whistle I guess, but hasn't been able to figure out how.

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to help as best i can.

To the best of my knowledge you do not have an inventory like in Fable II. Technically your Sanctuary is your inventory for weapons and spells. The only way I've been able to see how many potions i have is to get into a fight or to go to the Pawn Shop and look at your items there.

There is no health bar..... when your health gets low it gives you the option to use a healing potion in the bottom left hand corner. If it gets really low the screen starts fading and the edges get blood red and your d-pad indicator will start throbbing red and you will hear a heart beat.

To turn the safety on and off go into a town or walk up to a locked door and draw your weapon and an option will pop up on the d-pad indicator in the bottom left hand corner of the screen to push down on the d-pad to turn the safety off. It looks like the hilt of a sword in a green circle if the safety is on and then the circle is red when the safety is off.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
And to the best of my knowledge you only have the choice to pick between a good and a rude expression and there is no way to change it.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Weapons and apparel can be found in your Sanctuary while potions, foods, furnitures, and what else have you can only be accessed when you can actually use it. Potions and foods will be accessible via the D-pad when you're hurt and furniture only show up when you're redecorating a house you own.

There is no health bar in Fable III. Instead, when you're damaged you will be able to use healing items with the D-pad and when you're close to being knocked out the D-pad (on the screen, not on your controller) will start shining red. Healing potions will always be on the right, healing foods (celery, pies, etc) on the left.

To turn off the safety simply pull out your weapon (magic won't do though) and press down on the D-pad. You will see an icon on the bottom left of the screen; if the icon is green the safety is on, if it is red the safety is off and you can kill pretty much anyone you want. I haven't played evil (yet), but I think the safety turns back on when you sheathe your weapon. Either that or you have to press down on the D-pad again.

Eugene

Reaction score
Huh.

Well, thanks for all that!

Eugene

Reaction score
Ah, another question. Sorry sorry.

So, after finding out how to engage in mindless slaughter, I did so. However, when I decided to do community service, I found, to my surprise, that it was just working a job to pay of the debt. Now, since I only just started, I only make something like 16 monies a pie. It's long, tedious, etc. etc. Not really any fun. Then, when I quit the service, I found all the work was for nothing, because the fine went back up. The timer is also 60+ real life minutes, and it only couts down while in town (I think).

I wonder, is there some other way around this, a solution to this problem? I am surprised the game was designed to allow you to be evil, and then make it highly unplayable when you do so; most games with evil paths don't make it so hard. In fact, I merely have to look back at Fable 2 for evidence of this.

Sorry, I'm complaining, and what I'd really like is some help circumventing this.

Eugene

Reaction score
I'm sorry, after looking through the forums, it looks like this is a point of contention. So, forget I asked. Instead, what are other ways of making money than jobs and investments?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
The Aurora Demon Door has a million gold, and there are a few chests scattered around with assorted monies in them. Otherwise, there's the occaisional quest reward. Aside from that, there's trading (but the way it's set up makes it a pain to do).

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
No probs man.

One thing I'd also like to add, is that there's an edit button at the bottom of each post, so there's no need to double post (which is actually against the rules). =]

Status
Not open for further replies.