• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

80k+ Weapon Combinations? Wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: 80k+ Weapon Combinations? Wut?

If you buy someone else's sword, does it start changing once you start using it? Or does it stay the way you bought it?

Lithary

Reaction score

There is a video (here on forum I think) where PM says that weapons you buy will still continue to morph...
Btw... I'm really interested what Benjamin Richard "Yahtzee" Croshaw is going to say about F3 :Đ

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

That's pretty retarded. So my weapon will always look the same? Even if I buy another one? Retarded.

iGamerNewb

Undead Slayer.
Reaction score

Arseface;403976 said:
That's pretty retarded. So my weapon will always look the same? Even if I buy another one? Retarded.
Thats what I asume since you're always doing one thing or always will have the favorite things t odo/ kill any weapon you start fresh with or buy/ trade online will end up looking like the same end result each time. unless you force yourself to make it look different :unsure:

Lithary

Reaction score

That's why I was saying from beginning that morphing weapons are bad idea and that they should be custom weapons, not morphing :p

iGamerNewb

Undead Slayer.
Reaction score

Lithary;403985 said:
That's why I was saying from beginning that morphing weapons are bad idea and that they should be custom weapons, not morphing :p

Agreed

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

It's easily the most overrated "idea" PM/Lionhead has had for a Fable game.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Arseface;404018 said:
It's easily the most overrated "idea" PM/Lionhead has had for a Fable game.

Agreed. So far it looks like the weapon will always morph depending on what you do, so you'll never have a final version of the weapon. Unless the weapon stops shifting once it reaches a certain level...

It will be the supreme irony if the game itself is a letdown and the weapon morphing system turns out to be totally cool, considering that's the aspect people are the most dubious about (from what I've seen on the forums.)

Hodoya

Reaction score

this'll be a good thing in a way. fight with different weapons in different situations. i read your weapon doesnt change your alignment and isnt affected by your alignment. the colour, texture and whats written on them is determined by what you kill. size, shape and sharpness is determined by how often you fight, and the durations of those fights. so its not just the looks that can change, but the shape aswell.

heres the link for the weapon types: http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_(Fable)

link about a interview i think. talking about the weapons, player and kindom morphs: http://kotaku.com/5469995/fable-iiis-three-big-innovations-touch-weapons-and-kingly-responsibility

Hodoya

Reaction score

close the bracket at the end of the weapon types link to get the right page

Deception550

The Butcher
Reaction score

Arseface;403720 said:
He definitely said that it will change based on what you kill, your alignment, how you use it and even gamerscore.

does the weapon get affected by overall gamerscore or just Fable III gamerscore?

if its all my gamerscore my weapon will be trippin with over 15k GS

Deception550

The Butcher
Reaction score

Arseface;403720 said:
He definitely said that it will change based on what you kill, your alignment, how you use it and even gamerscore.

does the weapon change based on overall gamerscore or just the fable gamerscore??

if its overall then my weapon will be bad ass with over 15k gamerscore

joshuaw44

Reaction score

In one of the interviews (the one where PM spawns hobbes) he mentions leveling up the weapon to show how the weapon morphs (if i remember correctly) so i have my fingers crossed that once the weapon is leveled up to 5 stars that it will stop morphing that way you only have to grind it to what you want once then just use it on whatever you want.

Ceh913

Reaction score

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Xthk3_qmo

If you watch this interview with PM he mentions the morphing, and a lot of what he says is true.
You need to understand that there are loads of talented people working on making this game new, different and the best it can be. I don't believe that they are all blind to what you can all see clearly, and you just need to trust that they will produce another astounding game, and even this feature does turn out to work badly, there won't be less choice of weapons, and I'm sure it would be a minor feature in what is shaping up to be an immense game.

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;403423 said:
Here's what I figured.

If you hit slow, power up flourishes etc, you'll get an axe or hammer.

If you hit fast and quick, you'll get a cutlass, or sword.

This will determine Shape and Model.

---------------------

If you are evil, you'll get an evil looking weapon, like a dark color scheme.

Good players might get a light color scheme.

----------------------

Killing a lot of certain people will then add stuff onto it, such as bones, fur, cloth, bloodstains, etc.

----------------------

And then again, I may be wrong.

But that's what I suspect.

Are any axes short? Or hammers? Because, if you flourish your weapon will get shorter.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

What I hope/half expect is that once you get a weapon to level 5 it stops changing. Or maybe you can "lock" a weapon so it doesn't change? I don't know. I just really hope it's not how all you guys say it is...always "morphing".

I can't be an iconic badass if my iconic weapon is as indecisive as my bowels this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.