• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Fable Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
A Fable Arena

What if there was an online 'Arena' where you could fight other players, only using your character and his/her abilities, and for every win you gained points, and your points added up to place you on Leaderboards?

So like, then you could find out the greatest Fable Fighter. That'd be cool.

What would you think? Anything you'd like added onto the idea?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Re: A Fable Arena

Well, I think it's...

FUN.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

It sounds good but I just don't think the Fable world has the competitive edge to have a PvP feature. Since Fable 3 doesn't have "levelling up", it'll be more about the best weapons and armour more than the best tactics and skill.

Rep for the idea though.

MazeSon

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;401157 said:
What if there was an online 'Arena' where you could fight other players, only using your character and his/her abilities, and for every win you gained points, and your points added up to place you on Leaderboards?

That my friend would be cool.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

A possible problem, though, might me just the fact that you fight in an arena. If the fighting stage is simply a flat, circular surface, some ''classes'' -and i mean certain combinations of melee, ranged and magic- may have more of an advantage, when fighting a certain other ''class''. If this would be installed in a future fable game, Lionhead would have to figure out a good balance.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

What about like, randomly chosen areas. Much like the Crucibles arenas in II.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Or random events that do not involve direct fighting. As direct fighting can't work, as all it would be is two people button mashing in front of each other.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

A little cliche in the aspect of PvP but still a good idea. +Rep

king_reaver

Reaction score

loser lose their followers
winner win new followers

Lithary

Reaction score

Arena is good idea, but I hope that at least they allow us to toss a duel with our co op...
Specially if you are married to your co op and have a fight about who will wash the dishes...
'You f*cker... it's your turn to wash dishes' *shoots from a gun and swings a sword*
'How is it my turn if I washed them 3 days in a row you b*tch?' *shoots lighting*
(Or something like that XD)

ciller

Reaction score

u should when specail one of a kind wepon like a sythe a type not a wepon for the whole morph thing u chose ur prize if u win a TOURNAMENT another idea or maybe money clothes ect
(+rep)

iGamerNewb

Undead Slayer.
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;401157 said:

That does seem like a really good idea. They would have to balance it out with multiple functions i.e Mage vs Swordsman would need to be balanced out t oSwordsman vs Swordsman or if it has to be mage or a player that frequently uses long ranges weapons it should all come down to aspect of skills. Like if mage with 5 star shock cant go up against a warrior with 2 star shock and some spells might need to be taken out like slow times or chaos/ vortex I would imagine those to be a annoyance and with those much more reports or broken tv's lol.. but non the less. Superb Idea!

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Lithary;401458 said:
Arena is good idea, but I hope that at least they allow us to toss a duel with our co op...
Specially if you are married to your co op and have a fight about who will wash the dishes...
'You f*cker... it's your turn to wash dishes' *shoots from a gun and swings a sword*
'How is it my turn if I washed them 3 days in a row you b*tch?' *shoots lighting*
(Or something like that XD)

+rep for the laugh. Thats hilarious.
Anyway the PvP wouldn't work directly but a tactical PvP might. Maybe contests between Heros. Like maybe like Olympic battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.