• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A question about fame, attractiveness and romance in Fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwpersareBad

Child Of Dagon
Reaction score
A question about fame, attractiveness and romance in Fable 3

If you're like me than you likely disregarded the whole "marriage/children" features in the last two games. but even when you ignored the psychotic villagers, never bought them gifts, and never flirted with them they still fell in "love" with you, creepily following you about and asking for a wedding ring

o_O :wub: :wub: :wub:

This is because if your famous and good it becomes far too easy for the villagers to love you, and trust me, this is quite possibly the most annoying thing in the game, especially when they walk into your house uninvited and ask you to marry them. This will usually lead me to murder three people in the woods, but there are always more

Quick Solution, instead of lumping all of the three things that lead to love (fame, attractiveness, and emotes), split them up so that fame leads to respect, attractiveness leads to sex appeal, and effort and emotes lead to actual love.

Please implement something to fix this system, Lionhead, so that us asexual people don't have play the entire game being stalked by fans, I don't want to play another Justin Bieber/James Patterson/jonas brothers simulator

Lithary

Reaction score
Re: A question about fame, attractiveness and romance in Fable 3

^ Hahah.. true... so true... I for one always hated in TLC all those twats around me with their big hearts for me...
I almost always made good choices in TLC (even though I made my share of evil deed also ;D) and it made me a good and popular guy in the average, but f.uck... all those idiots around me with their love and cheering would drive me insane and make me kill most of them and I can't describe you my relief after seeing them run in fear from me after that...
Before that massacre I felt like that twilight vampire guy running into room full of hyperactive half brained 15 years old girls -.-

Cain

Reaction score

AwpersareBad;393068 said:
If you're like me than you likely disregarded the whole "marriage/children" features in the last two games. but even when you ignored the psychotic villagers, never bought them gifts, and never flirted with them they still fell in "love" with you, creepily following you about and asking for a wedding ring

o_O :wub: :wub: :wub:

This is because if your famous and good it becomes far too easy for the villagers to love you, and trust me, this is quite possibly the most annoying thing in the game, especially when they walk into your house uninvited and ask you to marry them. This will usually lead me to murder three people in the woods, but there are always more

Quick Solution, instead of lumping all of the three things that lead to love (fame, attractiveness, and emotes), split them up so that fame leads to respect, attractiveness leads to sex appeal, and effort and emotes lead to actual love.

Please implement something to fix this system, Lionhead, so that us asexual people don't have play the entire game being stalked by fans, I don't want to play another Justin Bieber/James Patterson/jonas brothers simulator

His manager is sacking him once his balls drop.

Anyway, I agree having everybody in love with you is annoying. When I first played fable II I got married within the first five minutes of leaving the gypsy camp and killing thag. Too easy and just plain creepy once you do a few deeds.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

fable 3 will most probably have a better villager system

what makes me wonder, is that if they do, what is stopping them from adding it to f2 via an auto-update, along with more fixes and improvements. imo, a new game isn't all about being better, its a new storyline, so making the old game just as good as the new game would probably make me want to still play fable 2 even when i get f3 limited edition.

perhaps, since alot of players without xbl would complain, perhaps add it as an expansion for mspoints, so lionhead will get some money of it, even more of a reason to do it.

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

White Knight;393127 said:
His manager is sacking him once his balls drop.

ye i heard about that fukin hilarious cant you just not believe the feckers 16.
i hated the way the moving mechanic was so clunky, ye i no im off topic, but, fuk it, you no?

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

I have to agree with you guys. . . Those flipping villagers are ANNOYING. I really starting noticing it in my latest playthrough, when I literally -didn't flirt/interact with anyone- at all.
But as I got popular, I had more and more annoying NPCs following me around in my home and making it impossible to steal anything. XD
What was weird was that this character was completely neutral. No purity/corruption, and no evil/good. Straight up neutral. So I had done plenty of evil things AND good things to stay that way. And they still lusted after me like a bunch of dogs at a human-leg factory.

I would be impressed and relieved if they were to fix this in Fable 3. It's just too annoying. :p

AwpersareBad

Child Of Dagon
Reaction score

sirgage0;393182 said:
And they still lusted after me like a bunch of dogs at a human-leg factory.

That's the best metaphor I've heard all day, thank you

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Any time! XD

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

I agree with you that is one of the best solutions I have heard....

Of course the girls are supposed to adore you...But the guys....

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I think they were testing our ability to stay good/pure by making us want to dreadfully murder NPCs. That's my reasoning. Hopefully this gets fixed.

GaEv

Reaction score

hopefully the follower system will mean that more people respect you than fall madly in love with you.

YoungBlood

NoFear
Reaction score

true i hate it when im trying to go somewhere and people are blocking my path also when you comit a crime and sense your so famouse people are watching you and turn you in. in fable 3 it needs to be more realistic

Lithary

Reaction score

I wish that they could make a Fable sequel where you can still be hero, but not famous... you know... working from the shadows... ofc this is impossible in F3 since you are a freakin' king :p

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

They should also make it easier to get away with crime. In F2, it was RIDICULOUS sometimes. I remember running up into a building with a chick, seeing NO guards or people around the building remotely, and no one inside but us. I killed her, and the bells start going off.

It kinda ****ed me off a few times, actually. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.