• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Adding Animations to Spells?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Adding Animations to Spells?

I was just going through some animations in FE and came across an animation for healing and was just wondering if it would be possible to add this to the Heal Life spell. Just a thought.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Adding Animations to Spells?

Alright, I couldn't find and CDefs related to animations in the spell entries, so I'm gonna fiddle around with the CAppearanceDef tool. I have some experience with it so I should be able to manage.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Good luck with it. I'm curious of the outcome.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I think I've hit a stump. I don't think the Heal Life spell has any animations. You just stand there. And I don't think there is a CDef for the spell entries that control animations. Damn.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Hey thats what i was wondering, i mean in fable 2 they dont have a healing spell or anything.
I dont know if they did that in the first one or not considering i havent played it yet, but i will be clocking it very soon, dont worry.

Man thats annoying though i mean i have to sleep or waste money on potions just to get my health healed? Not that im saying it would be better if they had a healing spell i mean it would make it easier.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Well, the animations for the spell are already in the CAppearanceDef, but I'm not sure how to assign these to a spell. Would it be possible to just add a CDef that handles animations into the spell entry, or would this never work?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh, foo. I guess this won't work. I might try to figure something out later, but I doubt It'll work.