• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Adding Augments to a Weapon

N

NeutronHInc

Adding Augments to a Weapon

This will cover two things actually, adding Augmentation Slots and the Augments themselves.

We will be using the Iron Longsword for this "tutorial," though you can use any weapon you like, the steps are the same.

First open up Fable Explorer

1. Double-Click on game.bin
2. Double-Click on OBJECT
3. Find and double-click on 5474 - OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD
AATW01.jpg
4. In the window that pops up on the right, click once on OBJECT
AATW02.jpg
5. Scroll down until you find CObjectAugmentationsDef and then click on the Links to (GameBINEntryID): link
AATW03.jpg
6. In the new window that pops up, double-click on CObjectAugmentationsDef
7a. In the box next to Useable Augmentation Slots change the number from 0 to 8 (you can change the number to whatever you want, but I would suggest you use NO MORE then 24)
7b. You must change the number here from 5 to 8 (or whatever number you put in the box above. It MUST match or be higher then the number of Useable Slots!)
AATW04.jpg
8. Now, in the left part of the window, click once on 3F038D31 - unknown and you should see this. If you don't see this, click on each unknown until you find it.
AATW05.jpg
9a. Now, in the box next to (int)CObjectAugmentationsDef Array 2 put in how many Augments you wish the weapon to start out with. I want all eight slots used so I put in 8
9b. Now click on the Add button to add an Augmentation to your weapon. (I suggest you NOT click on the "..." button, clicking on this and selecting from the box that comes up, has crashed my FE. If you need to know what number to use for what Augmentations, look at the image bellow to see them.)
AATW06.jpg

Hope you found this useful, enjoy! :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Adding Augments to a Weapon

Excellent Work!!!

P

Pilgrim

NeutronHInc;64470 said:
7b. You must change the number here from 5 to 8 (or whatever number you put in the box above. It MUST match or be higher then the number of Useable Slots!)
Are you sure, I usually use 0 here, which I think causes the augmentations to be (more) permanent, so that not even the trainer can remove them. It probably has something to do with the amount of augments you can spawn the weapon with, but I'll have to investigate...

Oh and nice guide, +rep:)

N

NeutronHInc

Albion Knight;64485 said:
Excellent Work!!!
Thank you!

Pilgrim;64507 said:
Are you sure, I usually use 0 here, which I think causes the augmentations to be (more) permanent, so that not even the trainer can remove them. It probably has something to do with the amount of augments you can spawn the weapon with, but I'll have to investigate...

Oh and nice guide, +rep:)
Well, let me explain why I said that...

For my sword, The Dragon's Claw, I gave it 8 Usable Augment Slots and left the Available Augment Slots at 5. When I went in the game and started to put Augments into the weapon, the game crashed as soon as I tried to put the sixth augment into the weapon. So I tried 0 Available Slots, it crashed again as soon as I tried to put just one augment into the weapon. I tried 7 Available, crashed again as soon as the eighth was put into the weapon. I doubled the Available, so it was 8 Usable to 16 Available, no crash. So at least on my PC, I figure, be safe then sorry and have at least the same amount of Available slots as Usable slots, if not double that. Hope that made sense.

Thanks!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Very good guide and very well explained +rep

P

Pilgrim

NeutronHInc;64510 said:
Well, let me explain why I said that...

For my sword, The Dragon's Claw, I gave it 8 Usable Augment Slots and left the Available Augment Slots at 5. When I went in the game and started to put Augments into the weapon, the game crashed as soon as I tried to put the sixth augment into the weapon. So I tried 0 Available Slots, it crashed again as soon as I tried to put just one augment into the weapon. I tried 7 Available, crashed again as soon as the eighth was put into the weapon. I doubled the Available, so it was 8 Usable to 16 Available, no crash. So at least on my PC, I figure, be safe then sorry and have at least the same amount of Available slots as Usable slots, if not double that. Hope that made sense.

Thanks!

Yeah that makes perfect sense, I was adding augments through FE, and no crashing. Must mean that 'Usable' slots are the total amount of slots, while 'Available' slots are the slots you can add to in-game... or something.

N

NeutronHInc

Dark Drakan;64516 said:
Very good guide and very well explained +rep
Thank you! Thanks for the Sticky as well! :D

Pilgrim;64525 said:
Yeah that makes perfect sense, I was adding augments through FE, and no crashing. Must mean that 'Usable' slots are the total amount of slots, while 'Available' slots are the slots you can add to in-game... or something.
I'm not sure, I'll run a few tests to find out later. I'll try having Usable at 3 or 4 and Available at 2 or 3 and see what happens in-game. Hey, if all else fails, we can contact Lionhead and ask them! LOL

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Awesome guide, NeutronHInc! Nice work!

N

NeutronHInc

projectego;64682 said:
Awesome guide, NeutronHInc! Nice work!
Thank you! I so do enjoy helping people! :D

thearthur

Reaction score

so it is possible to make the stick u get at the beginning the most ultimate weapon by giving it 24 augments?!:O

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

thearthur;105730 said:
so it is possible to make the stick u get at the beginning the most ultimate weapon by giving it 24 augments?!:O

yes or u could just up the the damage and stuff... just saying

+rep for the guide

thearthur

Reaction score

but if you for example give the iron longsword 10 augments do all the iron longswords have 10 augments? if not how do you get it in your inventory?

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

well it depends if you edit OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD then no but if you edited say the bandit version then yah (it happened to me once i was doing a quest and got killed by a low class bandit in one hit) and about spawning it in the inventory theres a thread about tht or you could just buy the weapon or spawn it in a chest

OldBoy

Reaction score

thearthur;106098 said:
but if you for example give the iron longsword 10 augments do all the iron longswords have 10 augments? if not how do you get it in your inventory?

Yes. I you give the OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD 10 augs, all OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD will have them. And if other weapons use the same CObjectAugmentationsDef, they'll have them too.

You can partially work around this by creating a new CObjectAugmentationsDef entry in the game.bin and link OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD to it.

B

BigRube

Fantastic guide NeutronHInc. I used it to augment the sword of Aeons with more mana. What I'm tryin to do is augment Skorms bow but I can't find it in the objects list. Does anyone know if it has a codename or not. Thanx in advance. vbmenu_register("postmenu_64470", true);

B

BigRube

Great Guide. Does anyone know if skorms bow has a codename in the objects list because I can't find it. Thx

H

HodgePodge

OBJECT_LEGENDARY_LONGBOW ;)

B

BigRube

Thanx HodgePodge good lookin out.

B

BigRube

sorry to be a noob but could any one of you knowlegeable ladies and or gentlemen tell me whats the codename of the solus greatsword in the object list.