• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Albion=Europe and the British Isles (and Greenland)?

R

RuneMaster

Re: Albion=Europe and the British Isles (and Greenland)?

Sephiroxas;71592 said:
Stone henge was in the trailer. So you never know.

I know this is a stupid question, but where is stone henge? I can never remember. When I saw it in the trailer I was thinking, hey isnt that in Europe or somthing.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

RuneMaster;71605 said:
I know this is a stupid question, but where is stone henge? I can never remember. When I saw it in the trailer I was thinking, hey isnt that in Europe or somthing.

England :D

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Oh, I guess I didn't post this when I wrote it yesterday.

My look at those two maps liked in the other thread:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Uk-map.svg/271px-Uk-map.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Albion_Map.jpg

Tell me you don't see the similarities between the "mainland" of Albion and the southern portion of England/Britain/whatever. Yes, the islands are screwed up, but the western shores of Albion and Britain look like severely time-ravaged duplicates.

(Edit:

Oh, yeah, Xanth itself is essentially a parody of Florida-- that goes without arguing. But it is also a sub-world of Earth, not really part of it-- it looks like Florida, but Florida also exists, as evidenced in Yon Ill Wind. The whole Demon (not demon) thing illustrates the difference between Xanth and Earth. You know-- X(A/N)TH and E(A/R)TH or whatever they are. (Yeah, I got the names, ah, punctuated wrong. Oh, well.))

(Edit again:

Yeah, Stonhenge is in England, on the plain of Slisbury or something like that.

And yeah, that flag is the British flag and it is on the flag of something like fifty billion other countries and provinces and other stuff, former colonies of Great Britain, including many (maybe evn most) of the Canadian provinces.

That flag also depends on many things from our history, making it a bit of an anachronism, barring explanatory history-- after all, without the Scot, English, and Irish flags to fuse together, where would they have gotten the... Union Jack?))

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;71698 said:
And yeah, that flag is the British flag and it is on the flag of something like fifty billion other countries and provinces and other stuff, former colonies of Great Britain, including many (maybe evn most) of the Canadian provinces.

... only 3 actually... :ninja:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Only three of them? Interesting. All I could remember was that Ontario did and Nunavut didn't, but then Nunavut isn't a province, and its flag may not be official.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;71771 said:
Only three of them? Interesting. All I could remember was that Ontario did and Nunavut didn't, but then Nunavut isn't a province, and its flag may not be official.

It's flag is official... it is a legitimate Canadian Territory, after all... it's just not a province...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, I just couldn't remember-- somebody's flag I read about was unofficial. I thought it might be Nunavut, but I guess not. Unless Nunavut has an unofficial flag or something. I'd go check, but I have a really recalcitant mouse, and I don't want to mess with it to open a new window and go to google and all.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;71779 said:
Yeah, I just couldn't remember-- somebody's flag I read about was unofficial. I thought it might be Nunavut, but I guess not. Unless Nunavut has an unofficial flag or something. I'd go check, but I have a really recalcitant mouse, and I don't want to mess with it to open a new window and go to google and all.

All of Canada's Provinces and Territories have Official flags and coats of arms... maybe you're thinking of another country...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Probably am. Oh, well. I do that fairly often. I think I mentioned that in the first sentence or two of my previous post.