• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Albion or Samarkand...why not both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Albion or Samarkand...why not both?

Veklim;340870 said:
I thought the joy of a fantasy setting was to not get too obsessed with historical accuracy. I understand you getting a bee in your bonnet but dude, it's just a forum!
I wouldn't trust a single word on wikipedia btw, look up stuff you know a lot about some time, the inconsistencies, anomalies and outright fiction can be shocking.

I have looked up stuff I know about. It's usually pretty accurate. F'rinstance, the numbers for the American Civil War and Franco-Prussian War.

For another, yes, the point of a fantasy setting is that it's fantasy. But I'm not the one who brought in the history (this time.) Or maybe I am, but only in reply to your mention of a crusade. I only continued your attempted use of real-world history to make an argument about a possible Fable 3 plot. Didn't really bring it up myself.

Cain

Reaction score

AON of Greatnes;340287 said:
seriously, why not a civil and a major war, like if after the civil war your brother or whatever went to samarkand and found out he had a talent for whipping up crowds but you don't find out till later that the samarkand invader is actually your brother and it's a major twist!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why some people think that albion and samarkand will be at war or that one of the two continents will be invading the other. They have been at peace for the first two games so why would they just start fighting now.

Veklim

Reaction score

Could easily be as simple as an insult between rulers, or maybe a rare resource which can only supply one nation. Many things will start wars I'm afraid.

Walker, in future I shall endeavour to avoid using any historical reference in relation to any idea or discussion I may be having on this forum if it will keep the peace, but really fella, can't you just drop the point?

Wasbored

Reaction score

why does it seem like fable is turning into an rts city sim thing :(

lop145

Reaction score

yeah but it would be cool if you could just build up an army and fight at the front line.
p.s .if peter turns it into rts i wil rip his head off

Status
Not open for further replies.