• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alcohol ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
I am at the part where it talks about removing alcohol limit, banning alcohol or keeping with the status quo.

I dont need cash, i have plenty of cash to spend, i dont care that much about evil or good as you can change that any time you like.

What i want to know is what is the important consiquences, i heard a romour if you remove limit people get wasted and things get annoying but also that that ends.

the flip side i heard if you ban alcohol all together pubs serve fruit drinks, those might be better for the hero, no negitive effects but you might get positive ones like heal + trim (would be nice) or heal + moral

what do you think? or know from experience?

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
I kept the drink limit, everyone being wasted is annoying

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
I being the idiot removed it...yeah now people are throwing up everywhere :'(
On the plus side I can kill nobles people for my dragonstomper without getting caught :)

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
anyone know what happens if you ban alcohol all together?

Mercenary

Reaction score
Yup i removed the limit and i regret it. For one all the cooks in my castle are spewing all over the food and i infact visited silverpines and found a large gathering of people inside my house having a throwing up party. Don't do it lol.

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
i just banned it, ill tell you what hapens when i can get to a pub

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I (stupidly) removed the limit altogether. At least I won't be the only one screaming,

THROW-UP PARTY TONIGHT, MY PLACE!

every Wednesday anymore. Of course, less people attend my throw-up parties now... :<

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
I (stupidly) removed the limit altogether. At least I won't be the only one screaming,

THROW-UP PARTY TONIGHT, MY PLACE!

every Wednesday anymore. Of course, less people attend my throw-up parties now... :<
i did hugely regrett it.
but it seems to have calmed down in my game now, and they only get drunk once or twice every now and them.
i guess it makes them more happy

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
100% ban alcohol kings and queens

forget the fact that you get some cash, or that its an easy way to give your mean weapons a boost.

i used to go in to the pub and get offered ale, beer, wine

now its celery and fruit juice,

you get health and a trim figure, in 1 pub i managed to loose all the weight i gained for the ugly demon door

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
I am angry pubs are selling alcohol again, fable really should have put more control of king decitions into the game so you could set things for life and change your mind when you want.

Aruu

Reaction score
Yeah, I stupidly removed it. Now everyone is throwing up all over everything. One even puked on my kid.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
my first playthrough, I played as a good character, but I left the drinking limit. Though I was generous in my decisions, I thought a little bit of control in the alcohol department would be in order, but I never was a big fan of the idea of prohibition either

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Logan may have instated a lot of bad policies, but I think he had his alcohol priorities straight. It shouldn't be banned, but it should be regulated. The people of Albion aren't nearly responsible enough to handle that kind of freedom. I mean, they think anyone who randomly comes up and dances with them is their best friend ever. I wouldn't trust them to boil water on their own.

I kept the policy the way it was because it seemed like the wisest thing to do. Besides, like Hobson said, it gives everyone something to complain about..

Pink

Reaction score
I kept it, but people hated me in bowerstone, some even feared me. On my second play around, I kept it also and people were cool about it.

Logan could have been cool, had he not had a power trip and started offing people.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think on my current playthrough I'll keep Logans policie. Letting them loose on the spirits was definetly a most unfitting idea.

Overan

Reaction score
It is an odd thing. I banned alcohol completely, so the pubs serve only fruit juice and veg.. Yet when I visit Bowerstone Market my wife is there and continues to walk as though she is inebriated. Also I purchased the crates of wine trade good but when I go to sell it, it is only priced at what I bought it for. If it is illegal shouldn't it be either worthless or priced much higher, I mean it is a good way to earn gold if you wanted to become a bootlegger.

Status
Not open for further replies.