• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any features you would like to return in Playground Studios' Fable from the old games?

verticaldilemma

Reaction score
want it to return to medieval albion, have a new enchanting ost and retain the same british humor from fable lost chapters that many similar rpgs of its time severely lacked

Reaction score
Musts

Dog
Epic music
Bowerstone or at least some locations from previous games
A growing up dynamic again from childhood to old age
Some fawlty tower-esque humour.
Dark parts that are left to interpretation
Solid story
Amazing British voice casting.
Real consequences for decisions made in-game.

Nice to have

Theresa
Hobbes / Balvarines
A subtle nod to LH somewhere like gravestones in F2
Great open world co-op
Detailed Hero customisation

MUST NOT

Be rushed
promise things and then don't deliver
be broken in parts
be changed so much that it doesn't reflect a fable game
DLC monetised to the absolute taking the p level.
take fable the journey as canon aha

WMD_1945

Reaction score
Read through everyone's posts, I pretty much agree with all. Especially "Ludna" who suggested that Fable must be more mod friendly. Just look at how mods complemented Skyrim. I think Fable can also be a Mod heaven game..

Anyways, what I would love to see;

- In lost chapters there was a region called Knothole Glade, I just love that area with the surrounding forests. It was dark from all the trees, rainy, mysterious, it felt like a proper fairy tale forest. Didn't really see a region like this in the post Fable games. I would love to see them bring back mystical forest environments

- In fable 3 there were these scenes as king where you had to make decisions in the throne room to decide between repair / upgrade something or keep the money in the treasury. I loved those events, they can bring something like this back and really elaborate on it

- Please move away from modern era (industrial era). Fantasy worlds & magic are always more relatable with "Old Kingdom" setting

- And lastly, in lost chapters you where rescued by Maze & he enrolled you at the hero's guild for training, almost like Hogwarts in HP. I actually loved that (maybe because I'm a HP fanatic) but would love to see something similar in fable 4. And wouldn't mind if game followed protagonist from child to adulthood.

don't want to be the pessimist but why are there only 24 post about this topic? Don't understand, fable 4 is hugely anticipated

Last edited:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Most likely because there aren't many people posting here at the moment.

It'll pick up at some point, hopefully

Reactions: WKC

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
don't want to be the pessimist but why are there only 24 post about this topic? Don't understand, fable 4 is hugely anticipated

There has been very little information released about the game and I think people are a little wary of speculating features of a game that we know nothing about currently. It will pick up when more information is released and people have something to go off.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Totally agree with your statement Dark Drakan. I have very high hopes for this game but I don’t want to get to excited for it until I can see what it’s about. Fingers crossed that we get more information on this one soon

LionHeart87

Reaction score
I love the fable series especially fable 2 so much,I decided to make a fable 2(any fable really) group on Facebook.

Any and all are welcome,We can share our characters and talk about their made up back stories,And just talk about fable in general (I hope people actually join.)

It's called Fable 2 Lovers.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Basically there isn't much traffic here because Fable has broken all of our hearts at least twice each.

It's so hard to commit to the pure and unalloyed love of the series I had when I was [checks watch] 10 minutes younger by my estimation.

Hobbe

Reaction score
Yes. Hobbes. More than last time too. lol really though one of my main hopes is that property owning comes back and better than ever. I always really liked just taking it easy and earning gold and making my way up the economy.

They had a world that felt alive especially in Fable 2 - where if you wanted you could just ignore the main quest, buy a house, get a family, or even make enough gold to buy castle fairfax before you've even reached the spire. Correct me If I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure thats possible?

I've seen people hate on the idea of settlement building but I personally think it sounds very fitting for Fable and if the rumours are true about settlement building I'll be very happy. Maybe not actual settlement building like Fallout 4 - I couldn't be bothered to get creative lol. But owning towns and expanding them until you have a whole business empire on par with something like Reaver Industries! Things like that. Speaking of Reaver I'll miss him if this is a different timeline.

WMD_1945

Reaction score
They had a world that felt alive especially in Fable 2 - where if you wanted you could just ignore the main quest, buy a house, get a family, or even make enough gold to buy castle fairfax before you've even reached the spire. Correct me If I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure thats possible?

I've seen people hate on the idea of settlement building but I personally think it sounds very fitting for Fable and if the rumours are true about settlement building I'll be very happy. Maybe not actual settlement building like Fallout 4 - I couldn't be bothered to get creative lol. But owning towns and expanding them until you have a whole business empire on par with something like Reaver Industries! Things like that. Speaking of Reaver I'll miss him if this is a different timeline.

Yeah, I am also curious about the settlement building, could be fun and interesting. Building your own fairytale town in the middle of the forest

WMD_1945

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention something I noticed this weekend. I was playing a little bit of the lost chapters again, and the general theme of the townsfolks & accents are actually really Welsh. And I realised that that whole atmosphere background sounds really made Fable so unique and memorable to me

Clain

Reaction score
I want loveable characters, one's I care if they actually die or not and one's I honestly hate. That's something Fable always had for me.

I'll also add that I hope different creatures from different parts of the games appear, such as nymphs, the undead/hollow men, and balverines.

Skyrionn

Reaction score
All I want mostly is the humour, demon doors and that sense of magic that we had in the first installment.

Bandit

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to start this thread but why not.

Are there any features you would hope to see in the new Fable game borrowed from the previous games made by Lionhead?

For me there's only two things I really care about. Good clothing customization and morality morphing.

Beyond that I'm open to whatever they're making, but those are two features I'd like to see return, definitely.
I would love more bandit content, A questline with bandits and being able to be a leader or just a member.
Bandit = Allies Guards = Enemies
Of course the feel of the game, I would love to see them stick with the British humor theme.
Diverse weapons NOT THE FABLE 3 system.
Some kind of character customization. features not just clothing.

Hobbe

Reaction score
All I want mostly is the humour, demon doors and that sense of magic that we had in the first installment.
Big fan of yours! On the discord too lol. The humour is a big part also, I want demon doors to have some appeal too. Every demon door area should be very different and have a unique feel and gimmick. Like that weather machine in Fable 3. A demon door in the new Fable should have a different and mysterious style to every one.

Reavershots

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to start this thread but why not.

Are there any features you would hope to see in the new Fable game borrowed from the previous games made by Lionhead?

For me there's only two things I really care about. Good clothing customization and morality morphing.

Beyond that I'm open to whatever they're making, but those are two features I'd like to see return, definitely.
Theresa. Leave her in the series permanently. Fable:Journey was a huge upset with that. Theresa carried the whole series with elegance, grace, style, mysticism, magic, and more.
However, Im 110% on board with the Revamped Fable Franchise begging with Old Kingdom, Archon & Nostros as key pivotal main characters. Theresa takes over accordingly via Oakvale as it was before. I liked the Demon doors too. Not much else from Anniversary/TLC in an Old Kingdom prequil style FABLE. the boasting system didn't appeal to me much. I suppose AVO, & SKORM as interactive entities. Since it seems that Playground is taking it wayback, especially with Fairies, Nymphs, Trolls, throw the Gnomes backstory into it. Like the Gnomes in their Glory days before they turned evil. Throw in some Ogres. Hobbes are basically Goblins & don't leave them out either. Dragon Jack was the only Dragon in any Fable. But if we're going Old Kingdom, why not have a different dragon or two as well? Add a Mermaid(s). I could care less about a Unicorn. Oh, but we're talking Fable 1, 2 & 3 features retained.
THE MUSIC BOX!!! It is an "Old Kingdom Artifact, and we all love those chimes, surely.
The color dying setup for the wardrobe with the same system as in F3. If it's Old Kingdom Fable or even Oakvale/Albion Fable the weapons system from F3 (which i like allot) should return but not right away. Keep the Weapons true to an actual authentic Real life real world historically accurate aspect. So not until Victorian/Colonial Albion having guns, which i would'nt want until a Fable 4. have the timelines like 100 Years apart from each other. Base them on Centuries & justified by Ancestry. Not that commingling 50 years yet some reason each era became hybrids nonsense. Old Fable 2 & 3 were too rushed with that. That's what caused the old Fable 3 to Fail. Make it unforgettable. It's worth a 5-6 year wait inbetween instalments.
Get rid of the gawdawful blue veined UV inkblots Will User lines on the skin of the hero. I never liked that. It pushed me to be more of a Skill User, Not Will User, just so I wouldn't have to see that eyesore of blue markings all over the skin.
I loved the Gargoyles hunt & Gnomes Hunt & yes, please do bring that back along with the Silver & Gold keys.
But, with an Old Kingdom FABLE, Have something fresh.

Maybe Nymphs. Maybe have it so the reason why the Nymphs Turned evil was purely out of skorn, resentment, spite & hate for being Hunted like the Gargoyles & Gnomes. Yet Nymphs are Moving Targets that teleport & can even become translucent so that makes it more of a worthwhile challenge. So a 50 Nymphs sidequest/challenge/achievement.
Cullis Gates. Those should remain as a staple in every FABLE game.
I also want to see more involved with The Grey Legacy. Like Have The Grey's as a Long running ancient clan of Witches.
Not having Lady Grey in Fable 3 was a disappointment.
With the bedroom scenes, why not something more detailed yet still "use your imagination" take notes from the Dragon Age franchise on the bedroom intimacy parts.
I also think the New Fable should just focus on Albion/Europe.
No Summerkand or Aurora or anywhere else.

Reactions: WKC

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
^ the sex scenes in Dragon Age were some of the most unintentionally hilarious ones I have ever seen.

Reavershots

Reaction score
The comedy & humor from Fable 3 along with the Comedy & humor that was in Dragon Age Origins & Dragon Age 2, fused together, would be a winning combination.