• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any news on further DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Daniels

Million-Names Fox
Reaction score
The Understone Quest pack has been around for a fair while now and I've enjoyed the questline many a time, yet is there going to be another DLC knocking on our door anytime soon?

If anyone has any news, it would be gladly welcomed,

Thanks
Fox de Dieux

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Understone was crap. If DLC is gonna be like that honestly I don't want anymore. Fallout 3 DLC (first to come to mind) is DLC. Understone is a quest, and an uninteresting and short one at that.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind some new dlc myself, i liked understone but was far to short, wouldnt mind dlc opening up regions from previous fables and seeing how those regions changed with the industrial revolution XD.

Reaction score
If there's less than an hours worth of content in the next one, the price should be reduced. Understone was not worth it.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
the game that mastered the DLC concept is borderlands in my opinion... the main game stood on its own (didn't feel like it was stripped of content) but their 2nd dlc was just pure garbage

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I never bought an item of dlc until Fable 2, i got it a while after it was released nd really enjoyed it so downloaded the knothole island etc and really enjoyed it, im hoping for areas like knothole island etc a large area for exploration, and more than 1 quest lol. My other dlc buys have really just been the map packs for mw2 and some car packs for forza 3 so I cant really compare the dlc as its been different kinds of dlc for diffenet genres, hopeing for some detailed story that perhaps builds on the story already.

Peter Daniels

Million-Names Fox
Reaction score
And personally, I'd like to see some kind of continuation with the whole king/queen decisions thing. The main story ends on your coronation, but you never get to set the tax rate, alcohol limits etc for the following year.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Adding to what Bubble said, I'd like them to make and price DLC similar to what Mass Effect 2 did, in the terms that for only a couple of missions it was I think 80-100 MP, which isn't horrible

Ryan DabsDotCom

Reaction score
I've just completed the main story over the weekend so I'm keen to seem some worthwhile DLC to extend the play time of this game.

I know there's loads you can still do but this is the first Fable game I've played and I was a little surprised at how quickly I completed the central story arc.

Interesting that the Understone Quest pack is not that popular, I was pretty sure that would be something I was going to purchase.

Peter Daniels

Million-Names Fox
Reaction score
Hmm, seems to reflect every modern game now (with some exceptions), including Fable of course but games such as Assassin's Creed and the Call of Duty series, story modes which can easily be completed within 8 hours due to the heavy concentration on multiplayer. Thumbs down.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
and if the DLC included more achievements, i'm always game for that!:lol:

Reaction score
the game that mastered the DLC concept is borderlands in my opinion... the main game stood on its own (didn't feel like it was stripped of content) but their 2nd dlc was just pure garbage
GTA IV had decent DLC as well. While they didn't really add any new features to the game, they did expand the storyline and added hours of gameplay.

Kuld von Reyn

Reaction score
Not news per se, but didn't one of the devs hint towards possible Aurora-related DLC possibly involving the giant gate at the end of the Veiled Path? No official announcements, but I'd love to see something like that in the game nonetheless.

Any major Aurora-related DLC would be welcome in my book, anyway. Also, Bloodstone.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
considering how "empty" the Aurora area is on the world map (only 3 locations), i'm kinda already half expecting DLC in the Aurora area

Status
Not open for further replies.