• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Archon,Arken and Me

Cain

Reaction score
Archon,Arken and Me

Chapter 1

I walked through the cities corridors. The streets were bussling with traders, blacksmiths, shoppers and guards. I headed towards the archons palace. I made my way to the archons map room .There was some loud shouting and a group of nobles walked out of the chamber,cursing quietly and mumbling to themselves. The Archon had sacked some more advisors it seemed. I walked past them and into the large map room where the archon was discussing a battle plan with Nostro, a young knight who was leading the an army to the outer regions to create more settlements.

The Archon noticed me standing in the doorway and looked up. He looked incredibly old despite the fact he was only 30. This was caused by the time he had spent in the void fighting the queen of blades. I walked up to him and nostro and looked down at the map. It was a layout of Olagan. Notes and arrows had been scribbled down on it. I looked up at the archon and said,"Has there been another rebellion sir?"
"Yes",The archon replied."A man called Arken has been raiding mining facilities and sawmills and towns.This man must be stopped!"His mental condition was also becoming worse. He had become paranoid

He slammed his fist down against the table. He was about to yell again when he winced with pain and dropped to his knees. Me and Nostro hurried to him and carried him to his bed. I said,"My lord, this is becoming too stressful for you. I suggest you spend some time away resting. Nostro and I will take care of this rebellion." The Archon looked unsure about what I had said, and then he nodded."You are right, I will leave this matter in your hands.If you need me I will be in the Necropolis.Now let me sleep."

And he lied down and started snoring. Me and Nostro left to discuss the battle that was to come.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please tell me what you think of it.
He

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score
Re: Archon,Arken and Me

White Knight;277288 said:
Chapter 1

I walked through the cities corridors. The streets were bussling with traders, blacksmiths, shoppers and guards. I headed towards the archons palace. I made my way to the archons map room .There was some loud shouting and a group of nobles walked out of the chamber,cursing quietly and mumbling to themselves. The Archon had sacked some more advisors it seemed. I walked past them and into the large map room where the archon was discussing a battle plan with Nostro, a young knight who was leading the an army to the outer regions to create more settlements.

The Archon noticed me standing in the doorway and looked up. He looked incredibly old despite the fact he was only 30. This was caused by the time he had spent in the void fighting the queen of blades. I walked up to him and nostro and looked down at the map. It was a layout of Olagan. Notes and arrows had been scribbled down on it. I looked up at the archon and said,"Has there been another rebellion sir?"
"Yes",The archon replied."A man called Arken has been raiding mining facilities and sawmills and towns.This man must be stopped!"His mental condition was also becoming worse. He had become paranoid

He slammed his fist down against the table. He was about to yell again when he winced with pain and dropped to his knees. Me and Nostro hurried to him and carried him to his bed. I said,"My lord, this is becoming too stressful for you. I suggest you spend some time away resting. Nostro and I will take care of this rebellion." The Archon looked unsure about what I had said, and then he nodded."You are right, I will leave this matter in your hands.If you need me I will be in the Necropolis.Now let me sleep."

And he lied down and started snoring. Me and Nostro left to discuss the battle that was to come.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He
Good work!Keep it up!
And edit is your friend so you should use him/her whatever you want.
Here's one problem:the an army and He had become paranoid
There should be a full stop after paranoid and the an army?
You mean an army.
Ok that's my one and only point out to you and your stories.
The rest is up to you.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

White Knight;277288 said:
Chapter 1

He

really well done interesting i should go to the necropolis leave my armor dissapear and take a blue cloak and gold chainmail. and you and nostro or something decide to try to support the now falling kingdom when many attcaks happen.

Cain

Reaction score

Chapter 2

"Ok, this is the plan",said Nostro."Arkens base is at Olagan.Its a wide plain surrounded by a thick forest. You will lead the Hoplites(Spearman) and the swordsman.I will lead the cavalry".I nodded in agreement.Nostro continued with the plan."When Arken and his army are resting, our archers will thin their ranks.Your men will protect them and serve as a distraction. While they're occupied with you and your men, Me and the cavalry will charge them from all sides with you attacking them at the front.They will be trapped and the rebellion will be over". An army was gathering in the courtyard outside. This would be a massacre, not a battle.

3 days later....

We crept slowly through the bushes towards Olagan. I could see a bright light in the distance. The fools had set up a fire! The archers moved into position. Then a mass of arrows flew into the sky and screams rang out. Men were all running about, some of them with arrows stuck in them. Most of them had realised what had happened. They were coming together to form a mass of soldiers. A man was shouting out orders. I guessed that was Arken. I shouted,"CHARGE!" to the hoplites and swordsmen and we jumped out of the forest and ran towards them.

I hacked away at them, striking a man down with my sword. I blocked a blow and hit the man who had attacked me with my shield. Then a horn souned and Nostro and his knights charged out onto the plain. Arkens men panicked. They ran around trying to escape but to no avail.It was a massacre as I thought it would be.

Later...

I sat down next to Nostro. He was cleaning his sword."Have they found Arken yet?" I asked. Nostro replied,"No". Then there was a scream and we ran to it. A man was lying on the ground dead with a crossbow bolt in his back. Another one flew past me. I saw Arken jump out from behind a rock.He charged at me and Nostro. Nostro took a swipe at him but missed and Arken lept onto him.

I stuck my sword in his back but he kept on punching Nostro. I cast a lightning bolt at him and his body pulsed with electricity. He let out a defiant roar and fell to the ground dead.On top of Nostro. Nostro pushed Arkens Corpse off him and stood up.He looked at me and said," What do you want to do with his armour and weapons?"

"Arken may have been a rebel, but I respected him as a warrior. I say we bury him and his armour, except for his crossbow. This would be a fine addition to Museum of Warfare. It shall be a reminder of our grand victory".Nostro nodded and we buried Arken and took his crossbow. We gathered the army and headed back to the archons city.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

White Knight;277934 said:

What do you want to do with his armour and weapons?"

"Arken may have been a rebel, but I respected him as a warrior. I say we bury him and his armour, except for his crossbow. This would be a fine addition to Museum of Warfare. It shall be a reminder of our grand victory".Nostro nodded and we buried Arken and took his crossbow. We gathered the army and headed back to the archons city.

you know arken had a mace that was in a chest in tlc

Cain

Reaction score

That will be left on the battlefield and will find its way into a chest.

Cain

Reaction score

Chapter 3

After a few days of travelling, we arrived at the archons palace. When we got to the main chamber there was a large group inside. There was the archons wife, his 5 children, his butler, and the archons cousin, Mortimer Black and his family. Mortimer Black was the sort of man that made you shudder just knowing he existed. When the Archons reign began, Mortimer had rised to the status of Baron because he was related to the Archon. With money that the Archon had given him for a dowry of his marriage, Mortimer spoilt his wife and children and now they all shared the same goal: The archons throne.

Mortimer and his vile wife and offspring seemed to be the only one smiling in the room. That meant that something must have happened to the Archon. Me and Nostro went up to the butler and asked him,"Where is the Archon?"
The Butler replied,"Gone, vanished. some servants saw him take a blue robe and gold chainmail vest. He said he was going to the necropolis and then to the outer regions". Nostro gave me a worried look. Now that the Archon was gone, the throne was open to any rebel.

Reluctantly, I walked towards the archons family. They all had sad looks on their faces. His wife looked up at me and said,"Oh hello. is there anything you have that might be clue to where my husband has gone."
I shook my head and said,"No. But seeing as you are still alive I'm afraid there is no choice but to put you on the throne until your children have come of age. For now you are Queen." She nodded in agreement. Some more people arrived. They were all close friends of the Archon. I walked into the middle of the room. and shouted,"ATTENTION!"

Everybody looked towards me. I said,"I have an announcement to make. I have spoken to the Archons wife and we have both agreed that to keep the throne safe...........".
Mortimer had an excited look. He really thought he would be archon.
....."That she will be Queen until the Archons children come of age".

Mortimer almost choked on his would be celebration drink."A woman on the throne. This is an outrage!"
I gave him an angry look."If you would let me finish Mortimer, I was going to say that this was only temporary until James, the eldest son became of an age when he has a better understanding of the world. I will leave that to the new queen to decide when that will be. Oh, and to safe, all close family members of the archon, children excluded, will be banned from the palace to prevent any attempt on the queens life."
There was a murmur from mortimer and his family.I continued on."Thank you and good day."

And every body left except the archons family.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

this is actually good oh and i liked your other avatar better
i know what happens next...

but shouldn't this be in the barrow fields art gallery for drawings or stories?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Don't like stories about Knights and old wars and stuff.
This is very good though. Should make some more.

Cain

Reaction score

I am going to write some more. I am going to write the conclusion soon and if possible a sequel.

Ryu hayabusa

Assassin
Reaction score

Hm creative and pretty intresting keep writing.

Cain

Reaction score

Chapter 4

My descision to put the Archons wife on the throne hadn't gone exactly as I had planned. A mob of men had gathered outside, all considering themsleves worthy suitors to the newly appointed queen. The selfish bastards. But that wasn't the only problem. Mortimer was trying to find ways to dethrone the Queen. Of coruse, the Archon had known of his cousin's greed and so had passed laws that made it impossible to dethrone any of his bloodline unless they're were proven to be imposters.

This made me worry as now the only way that mortimer could take the throne was by murdering the Archons family. I put the guards on full alert, and there was an hourly check-up on the Royal family. I was so sure there was no way they could be killed, but I was wrong.

1 day later......

It was late at night in the palace. Me and Nosro had volunteered to do guard duty. We both about to fall asleep whe we heards horrifying screamed. It was like all the bansshes in the world had joined together to make one ear-drum bursting howl. Immediately we ran to the bed chamber. We opened the door and saw the whole royal family lying on the floor in a bloody mess. I fell to my knees and cried out in anger. Mortimer would have the throne and The reign of peace would be over.

We were about to leave and tell the guards what had happened when I heard crying. It was coming from the crib of Laura, the youngest of the Archons children. I ran to the crib and saw a baby lying there. I picked her up and showed her to nostro. We decided that we would hide her fro mortimer until she was 18. We walked through the doorway into a large group. It was all of the palaces' tenants. They were staring at us and the scene behind us. I stuttered,"This is not what you think". But hey wouldn't listen and someone screamed guards.

Just then the throne room doors burst open and the large group of men from outside ran in. They looked at us and the scene. This was not going to turn out well. I handed laura to nostro and he ran off to escape. The large group of men drew their weapons. There may've been more of them, but they were untrained. Most of their weapons were rusty or blunt. I drew my sword. They charged at me. I stabbed one and he fell down. Another One attacked me and I kicked him to the floor where I stuck my sword into his chest. Then the guards arrived and the mob retreated. They looked at me and then at the scene. I sighed.

It took a while but I explained what had happened. They believed me but only because it was quite obvious who had the most powerful motives. Mortimer. And not only were his motives powerful, he was too. I couldn't prove anything against him. I decided I would take the blame for this crime to keep the attention off nostro as he escaped. I walked outside and found Mortimer and his personal guards. I bolted and ran. They chased after me. I ran in the opposite direction of the outer regions. Knowing nostro thats were he would go, and it was my job to make sure that everybody was too busy chasing me to follow him. I was doing fine until I ran into a dead end.

I was surrounded by them. I drew my sword and my shield. They charged at me. Mortimer was at the front. I jumped at the wall and and pushed myself away from it over the guards. I took a swipe at Mortimers head. It came clean off. I landed on a guard and then barged my way out. How I escaped is too long to write about.

3 months later........

I falied. Mortimers bloodline lived on. His eldest child was crowned Archon. He then declared him self and his Disgusting siblings Heroes. Me and Nostro could do nothing but watch. All we can do now is raise the Archons true heir and until she is ready.

"And thus the Corruption of Albion began....."
unknown source

The end
Do you like it?

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;278871 said:
Don't like stories about Knights and old wars and stuff.
This is very good though. Should make some more.
Then why don't you make a fan fic on halo?

Cain

Reaction score

fable freak 37;279493 said:
Then why don't you make a fan fic on halo?

Yeah make a fan fic about Hal's(Master Chief) adventures in albion.:w00t:

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

^make a fan fic about what happened before he was taken and some how had to prtect himself with a gun as a child but that was where they saw him and decided for him to be a spartan(i'm a halo fan(note:eek:f halo Ce)) or make it so the planet he landed on was the fable universe man that would kick *** and everyone would be like where did you get that bun that shoots alot before you have to recharge and where did you get that armor wy do you wear a helmet? will you take it off? You look alot like the guy over there(and points to hero with the spartan armor) A spartan is still alive thank Halo! who are these people what have you learned during your stay please tell me!
still good but this one had spelling arrors mostly in the beggining

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

White Knight;279539 said:
Yeah make a fan fic about Hal's(Master Chief) adventures in albion.:w00t:

Thats a Machinima series on Youtube called "Hals Odyssey"

T

The_Priestman

I like the story, very nice :D

But one thing kind of made me sad. It's that you altered Arken's history. This is a fanfic and i respect that, I've written a few myself. I'm just saying Arken's story about getting revenge on each and every soldier that betrayed his squad(?) was just too epic to change

Again, I like your story, just throwing my opinion out there :D

Dentie

Reaction score

good story +rep for you

Cain

Reaction score

The_Priestman;288794 said:
I like the story, very nice :D

But one thing kind of made me sad. It's that you altered Arken's history. This is a fanfic and i respect that, I've written a few myself. I'm just saying Arken's story about getting revenge on each and every soldier that betrayed his squad(?) was just too epic to change

Again, I like your story, just throwing my opinion out there :D

Ok most of the Archons soldiers were killed at the battle. Arken killed the remaining soldiers except the main character and nostro. When Mortimer took over records of both of them were erased, Nostro is only known becuase he founded the heroes guild. So seeing as nostro and the main character never existed historians assumed Arken killed all the remaining soldiers.

Sabian171

H3110 1 AM M4STUR CH33F
Reaction score

good story man. +rep