• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Archon's Blood

D

Dameon

Re: Archon's Blood

OMG I'M BACK! And my family is all betta now. So I'll post tomorrow after school. Till next time!

Cain

Reaction score

Hooray! Good Luck with your stories!

D

Dameon

Chapter 3: An Old Rival​

Dameon's eyes opened slowly and he saw blackness. He felt that he had been stripped of his clothing, save some cloth wrapped about his loins. He was standing, and his arms were chained above his head. There was a heavy ache in the back of his head, and Dameon surmised it must have been from whoever hit him. The Hero closed his eyes, but then realized this was a futile action, as the darkness of the room he was in was even bleaker than the darkness behind his eyelids. A horrible fear rose up in his stomach, and an unseeable look of horror struck his visage. Audrey! Was she in here in this forsaken place? Had whoeve had taken him brought her here to... No. Dameon wouldn't allow himself to think like that. He began trying to break from the bonds, but this strange metal was too strong, even for his battle-strengthened arms.

Suddenly, a beam of light streamed into the room, burning the chained man's eyes. The beam widened, and it became obvious to Dameon that someone was opening the door. Now that the room was illuminated, he could see skeletons standing around him in the same position in which he stood now. This startled him, but he then heard a familiar voice, which calmed him.

"Caught by metal chains, Farmboy?" Whisper jeered as she stepped into the room. She hadn't changed much in the last two years since he had seen her.

Dameon attempted to speak, but his dry mouth could form no words. Whisper simply laughed unlocked his cuffs with a key she had no doubt taken from one of the guards.

"Don't talk. Just put on your armor and take your sword," she said to him, handing him the Harbinger. She stepped into the hallway she had come from for a moment, before dragging in a chest. Inside, his armor and helmet appeared to have been neatly arranged, as thought no one had planned on them being taken out for a very long time. Dameon ripped it from the chest and clothed himself as fast as possible.

"Thank you, Whisper, but how did you find me here? And where is here anyway?" Dameon asked her. The female Hero's face was wiped of its former look of happiness, and an expression of sorrow eagerly took its place. Whisper looked intently at Dameon.

"This is Thunder's dungeon. He bought it with some of the gold he got from the Arena. He still has a grudge against you for taking Lady Grey from him," the first replied.

"But I divorced her after I found out she was a murderer," answered the latter.

"He still felt cheated. You beat him in a fight, and Thunder hates being beaten in fights. But even still... This Thunder is different from my brother. He is... a monster. He tried to kill me. He must be possessed by that sword of his."

"Sword? What sword?" Dameon braced himself for the worst of information. Not the Sword of Aeons... It couldn't be. He destroyed it. Didn't he?

Whisper led Dameon out of the room and shut the door. "He calls it the Death Weaver... But I don't think he knows what it really is."

Dameon resolved that moment in his soul that after he found his wife, he would find out what that sword was. He would make sure that it would be destroyed for sure this time.

"Where is Audrey?" he asked Whisper.

"Follow me."