• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are they actually putting guns in fable 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skylar1

Are they actually putting guns in fable 2??

i watched one of the previews for fable 2 and i showed someone with a gun i was wondering about i think it would ruin the game personally

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: Are they actually putting guns in fable 2??

Yeah... Bows and arrows are much cooler. But since I haven`t seen Fable 2 yet, I can`t say that guns ruin it. I just hope guns are not overpowered and theres still room for some old-fashioned hunters.

U

Unsung Hunter

idk i think the guns would be a nice addition, it'll probably have slow reload times but not too slow as to the point that players wont use it anymore, maybe the pirates (if the game will have any) will use it and it'll have that pirates of the carribean feel =P

Avenging Angel

Aetherius
Reaction score

Bows are cooler, but guns are good also. I can see it now - Me beating a helpless citizens that putting a bullet through his head =P

Guns won't ruin it, I'm looking forward to them.

L

Loki

I'm looking forward to guns well. I'll feel more like a pirate and who doesn't love a good ol pirate adventure. Plus they looked a lot like the old musket type pistols that are fairly slow to load. One bullet, load, prep, shoot. Bullet, load, prep, shoot. Most likely guns will have to be self aimed I can't image how easy killin some one would be simply using the crossairs. But who knows I'll believe it when I see it

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Well while all of the "bad guys" are loading there guns I'll pull out my sword and decapitate each and everyone of them...

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

:lol:

F

FableFreak

WTF!!! Why is it such a big deal they put guns in it! It is a great idea and I tottally, completely, thank lionhead for doing it. Some people obviously can't get it through their thick heads that Fable 2 WILL BE DIFFERENT!!! Also Fable 2 is set FIVE HUNDRED YEARS after the original, so there is bound to be changes in technology. Accept the things you can't change and in the end you will thank them for making the change.

To long; didn't read:
Accept the changes in Fable 2 and quit bitching about it!

(Nobody here knows how long I've been wanting to say that!)

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

Dude chill seriously. Guns might or might not be good depending on how they do the guns and its a very delicate balance. Ill give to you that yes we know about the guns but we're just debating our opinions so chill thats what you DO on forums so in your own words "Quit bitching about it."

L

LiMpBiZkit

SorenSwift;19537 said:
Dude chill seriously. Guns might or might not be good depending on how they do the guns and its a very delicate balance. Ill give to you that yes we know about the guns but we're just debating our opinions so chill thats what you DO on forums so in your own words "Quit bitching about it."

i couldnt of said it better myself. . mabey i could. . gun yea that would be sweet as

D

DrZoid

fablefreak1;19535 said:
WTF!!! Why is it such a big deal they put guns in it! It is a great idea and I tottally, completely, thank lionhead for doing it. Some people obviously can't get it through their thick heads that Fable 2 WILL BE DIFFERENT!!! Also Fable 2 is set FIVE HUNDRED YEARS after the original, so there is bound to be changes in technology. Accept the things you can't change and in the end you will thank them for making the change.

To long; didn't read:

Totally agree. You guys gotta stop bitching about the game, its in safe hands and will blow us all away when it comes out.

Also I think guns are a great idea, shows how the technology is moving on and I love the fact that its set 500 years on from the previous game, hopefully this means it won't seem too much like the original.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;19535 said:

To long; didn't read:

We need thick heads, incase we trip and fall on cement.

But as ways, who knows if 500 years time is enough to get tech to make guns...
In my opinion, I think guns would be a bad idea.

P

Poppycock

the crazy upset fable 2 gun fanatic is right about the guns but were gonna need him in a stray jacket. yea and it probably is enough time cuz the cross bow wasnt made intil about 1200 ad which were featured in fable and in about 1600 was when early "muskets were beeing made so the time does match up

F

FableFreak

Poppycock, its crazy people like me who keep debate alive. ANd if you haven't noticed the name of the game is FABLE, so why should the timeline be in any way coherent with how ours is.

To Chicken Chaser:
Why would they show guns in the trailer and not put them in. If they don't put guns in fable 2 then the guys at lionhead must want to fcuk with our heads.

D

DrZoid

fablefreak1;19684 said:
Poppycock, its crazy people like me who keep debate alive. ANd if you haven't noticed the name of the game is FABLE, so why should the timeline be in any way coherent with how ours is.

To Chicken Chaser:
Why would they show guns in the trailer and not put them in. If they don't put guns in fable 2 then the guys at lionhead must want to fcuk with our heads.

Got him there.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid;19688 said:
Got him there.

Actually, no. He didn't corner anyone, as I said it's my opinion, and is not a official statement.

I do think guns would ruin it, I THINK.

It would mess with the original style, as a statement.

Oh yeah, As a Edit I wanna see the Fable two trailer, ive been itching to see it.
But by the time Fable Two will come out, i'll be grown out of this...
Just like ive grown out of my halloween, xmas and easter spirite...
Oh how the world passes by...

Oh yeah, I was thinking all about our world, and not Fables..;
Fable is a whole entire different place, galaxy, world
It is in no way related to ours. But I still think guns would ruin it.

D

DrZoid

Chicken Chaser;19695 said:
Actually, no. He didn't corner anyone, as I said it's my opinion, and is not a official statement.

I do think guns would ruin it, I THINK.

It would mess with the original style, as a statement.

Oh yeah, As a Edit I wanna see the Fable two trailer, ive been itching to see it.
But by the time Fable Two will come out, i'll be grown out of this...
Just like ive grown out of my halloween, xmas and easter spirite...
Oh how the world passes by...

Oh yeah, I was thinking all about our world, and not Fables..;
Fable is a whole entire different place, galaxy, world
It is in no way related to ours. But I still think guns would ruin it.

Theres the trailor that FableFreak1 started a thread on... 404

And my opinion... guns are a great idea.

F

FableFreak

What i have been trying to say this whole time is you can't keep the original style, things must change so try to accept it.

If you want to see the trailer go to this link:

IGN: Fable 2 Trailer, Videos and Movies

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Can everybody here stop their childish bitching. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. So what if somebody thinks guns are a good/bad idea. Its what they think, you cant change it by arguing or telling them their wrong, because their not. Its just their opinion. Now with that said, back to some normal discussion about this gun thing.

Guns were something I was hesitant about at first. I mean I seriously thought, oh cripes using guns in Fable 2 is just too much of a jump in gameplay but then as time has progressed I guess the idea has become more appealing to me. The game is set something like 500 years in the future of Albion so it does make sense there would be an evolution in weapons that are used. Thing is though, it isnt like their using very recent guns. The weapons will be similar to blunderbuss style guns (not AK47s or Berettas) and personally I think that fits pretty well with the Fable style. Only problem is that alienates the use of swords, which is perfect for the Fable style but then I tell myself, this isnt Fable. This is Fable 2, its a different game and judging by the trailer the style will be vastly different but I am holding up hope that with the release of F2 they manage to keep the feel of Fable 1 and incorporate these new aspects without alienating those who loved Fable 1 for its simplicity and its sword/bows.

Status
Not open for further replies.