• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are they actually putting guns in fable 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Are they actually putting guns in fable 2??

Alright, to settle it, No one knows if there are going to be guns!
Trailer's lie sometimes, lets just say 'We don't know!'

Edit: It said it was a teaser trailer.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Chicken Chaser;19740 said:
Alright, to settle it, No one knows if there are going to be guns!
Trailer's lie sometimes, lets just say 'We don't know!'

Edit: It said it was a teaser trailer.

Im about 99% percent certain there will be guns... and umm teaser as in a short trailer which whets the appetitie of the viewer- most short versions of trailers are referred to as teasers- even in the movie industry you always get teaser trailers.

But like with the gun topic again- if they had guns do you think it would be possible to upgrade them or collect items to customise them to make better weapons or custom personal styles instead? It would be cool to be able to do that with swords as well- your own personal legendary weapon you can carry with you from start to finish and upgrade and customise with insignias and special powers....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;20240 said:
But like with the gun topic again- if they had guns do you think it would be possible to upgrade them or collect items to customise them to make better weapons or custom personal styles instead? It would be cool to be able to do that with swords as well- your own personal legendary weapon you can carry with you from start to finish and upgrade and customise with insignias and special powers....

Interesting idea right there....

F

FableFreak

Can I just put this out there...

THERE WILL BE GUNS!!!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;20326 said:
Can I just put this out there...

THERE WILL BE GUNS!!!

How very perceptive of you... :rolleyes:

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Won't be guns till they say.
But I can't wait, after playing some games with those kinda guns in it.
Sounds like a awesome idea now.

A

AJewLol

See, I was kinda' detached from the whole idea of guns, well, that is, until I played Jade Empire. They made a gun work quite well. It was fairly powerful, but it was a pain in the ass to reload, which, I'm sure, will be quite like the system in Fable.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

AJewLol;21544 said:
See, I was kinda' detached from the whole idea of guns, well, that is, until I played Jade Empire. They made a gun work quite well. It was fairly powerful, but it was a pain in the ass to reload, which, I'm sure, will be quite like the system in Fable.

Maybe your right, i think alot of people are anticipating seeing them in action!

F

FableFreak

We will all have to wait and see. So keep your opinions and bias until we know for a FACT that guns WILL/WILL NOT be in fable.

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

Okay realize most the guns of that era are muskets. They are very weak, very unaccurate, and take a long time to reload. I find it unlike they'd be overpowered. The strengh of a gun would work fine, provided it takes the loading time of a real gun of that era. A man who was fast a reloading a musket back then would do it in 60 seconds if he was lucky. And they only held one shot per load.

Personally I don't care if they add guns, as long as there is also some sort of magic ranged weapon like a mages staff, or will user orb.

H

happymatt

what, fable 2 is not a war game, it is a fantasy game!

K

keekos

guns in fable 2, I AGREE, why?

Guns are:
NEW AGE WEAPONS
CIVILIZED
EASY TO CARRY
EASY TO FIRE

Bows are:
USED BY NATIVE INDIANS
HAS QUIVER CARRIER WHICH IS ANNOYING
NEEDS TO BE STRECHED
THE BOW CAN TECHNICALLY BREAK

A

AJewLol

keekos;21870 said:
guns in fable 2, I AGREE, why?

Guns are:
NEW AGE WEAPONS
CIVILIZED
EASY TO CARRY
EASY TO FIRE

Bows are:
USED BY NATIVE INDIANS
HAS QUIVER CARRIER WHICH IS ANNOYING
NEEDS TO BE STRECHED
THE BOW CAN TECHNICALLY BREAK

You consider 300 years ago "new age"? You think they were EASY to fire? Most of the guns, mainly blunderbuss's had a fairly strong kickback. You had to learn to shoot one. Secondly, they weren't EASY to fire - a skilled solider could only fire off between 2-3 in a minute - that's actually LESS EFFECTIVE than the bow.

Wait, the BOW can technically break? The blunderbuss had many discharge problems, including ammunition getting stuck in the barrel and backfiring.

Assuming that we're not carrying around M-16's and AK's, I think guns in Fable are going to work just fine. With muskets, even blunderbuss six shot pistols, everything should be alright.

F

FableFreak

I' agree with wierdkidinabox, I am 99% sure that there will be guns.
End Of Story!

Eclipse

The Legend
Reaction score

i dont want guns in the game swords and bows are much cooler

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

AJewLol;21871 said:
You consider 300 years ago "new age"? You think they were EASY to fire? Most of the guns, mainly blunderbuss's had a fairly strong kickback. You had to learn to shoot one. Secondly, they weren't EASY to fire - a skilled solider could only fire off between 2-3 in a minute - that's actually LESS EFFECTIVE than the bow.

Wait, the BOW can technically break? The blunderbuss had many discharge problems, including ammunition getting stuck in the barrel and backfiring.

Assuming that we're not carrying around M-16's and AK's, I think guns in Fable are going to work just fine. With muskets, even blunderbuss six shot pistols, everything should be alright.

Also, Guns back then, if you even messed up on reloading, too much or too little gun powder could cause the Gun to explode in your hands.
Even worse, if you point the gun down while reloading, it could explode in a more 'Personal' spot.
I think you should manually reload in fable, since its long range and more powerfull then bows or swords.
We need a more challenge to this easy game, and possibly a world to explore, like The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
And a headshot in fable (Just like bows)
Should make there head explode, just like real life.
Although, Fable is based far back, and it is a fantasy games, with myths of those kinda monsters brought to life.
Not paths.

Z

Zen the Corrupt

Guns will be in the game, Fable 2 will be 500 later from the original. That is a very big step in the terms of technology, and I'm pretty sure that Albion is advanced enough to revolutionize their technology by then.
Also, who knows? Did you see in the trailer when the example of nobility icon fired his gun, a red-ish material came out, that could be a regular bullet but with the "magical" effect to it but think about it. A world as diverse as Albion is open to many possibilites for technological adancement. Those guns, could be reinforcing their bullets with will powers (Fire type mostly), it could be some sort of other material, like a mystical version of gun powder.

Point is, it's still Fable, the way they use their new technology is still a mystery and open to many possibilites.

D

darkoverlord

guns might not b half bad but if the guns r to overwelhming then it cancels out all of the unique spells and swordplay becuase its the game overall that gives u the felling so what if it has guns if the game as a whole draws u in, u know these things will determine if the game is good or not, lets hope they add great and cool new features and dont lose any like in the transition from halo1 to halo2.

Status
Not open for further replies.