• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are you a "Psycho"?

King William

Reaction score
Sometimes I go into another players worlds, and they are running around killing everyone. I always say, "Another psycho". They are not trying to get the, "Crime Spree" achievement, just going around killing everyone.

If you are going to be worse them Logan, (after all Logan never did that) then what was the point of the game?

I know it is only a video game, but isn't part of the fun is to really get involved in the story?

I like killing as much as the next guy, but there are plenty of mercenaries, hobbes, balverines, and hollowmen to kill to be get the killing need filled, plus they are more challenging because they fight back. ;-)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
In any game like Fable or GTA where the player can go around killing tons of innocent people, doing that gets old fast. I've never even done it on Fable 2 or 3 just for fun just because I got so bored of it on TLC.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I've done it a few times. It gets boring after a while, but come on; it's a possibility in the game! Why not do it? I'm not a 'psycho' as you put it, but sometimes it's just dun to screw everything up with the awesome powers you have. It's not about the killing, for which there are monsters all around. It's about the evil destruction, brought about with amazing powers, and no one can stop you. That's cool shiz.

For a little bit. After a while, you're pretty much done.

King William

Reaction score
In Fable 2, there did not seem the same moral imperative, as in Fable 3. In 2 you just needed to beat Lucian, and you were a homeless orphan with no one to care for you, so I felt a feel more freedom to be evil.

I will say though,... I once tried to get the "Crime Spree" achievement when I was king (NOT possible, as I found out) but not knowing that, I chased people around, into their homes, followed them as they ran upstairs, killled them, and I have to admit,... it was kinda fun. ;-) But as soon as I realized that the guards were not going to do anything more then say, "I shouldn't do that", I stopped.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
All my characters go into a drinking and beating on random villagers phase if their families die, so, sometimes. And one of my guys looked completely insane, and I'd sneak around towns as him and kill villagers seperated from everyone. So yes, but not in the way you are asking. As far as all the villagers know, I'm a good guy! :D

King William

Reaction score
How is that possible Arc, everyone knows when you have killed some. Even in other towns they will say, "You're that murderer aren't you?"

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
How is that possible Arc, everyone knows when you have killed some. Even in other towns they will say, "You're that murderer aren't you?"

Not sure. They just praise me for being a great king, and cheer! I'm just that awesome, apparently.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I've only ever done it once in Fable 3, thrice in Fable 2 and loads more times in TLC, purely just to get my evil Hero as evil as possible. In TLC, I do it whether I'm evil or not, mainly to get a higher chance of nice rewards from the Temple of Avo when I donate there. Besides that, "psycho" mode is a mode less used than berserk mode.

King William

Reaction score
Well I say "psycho" because,... well,... what would you call someone who went around killing people for no reason? "berserk" seems more like "postal" to me, killing your co-workers because you got fired. A reason for killing,... perhaps not a good reason,... but a reason none-the-less. I do kill my wives when they give me a bi-racial child though (unless I have married another race, which I have, in which case I expect a bi-racial child) but if I haven't, then the B***H is dead. Remember: "Mommas baby,... papas maybe".;-)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
that was fun on my first playthrough of the first fable...when i was 16.

now i only really do it when friends are over, or if there's a trader on the road.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Well I say "psycho" because,... well,... what would you call someone who went around killing people for no reason?

Is 'experimenting' or 'fun' a good reason? 'Cause I did it for that.

King William

Reaction score
I went into the world of yet,... another "psycho". Then left soon after, and he messaged me about playing. We talked in a party, and he said he had just gotten the game that day, and had completed the main quest (what's the hurry?). Anyway, I agreed to help show him things,... keys, book, gnomes, and he did not know that you could open Sunset House. I would play with him, but only if he agreed to not kill people while I was there. He argued about it, but eventually agreed. But while we were battling balverines, I got the "apology" on my D-pad. I accused him of killing someone, (he said, "no") but since I did not see anyone, I continued.

You must really have issues if you can not stop for someone helping you find stuff.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
I went into the world of yet,... another "psycho". Then left soon after, and he messaged me about playing. We talked in a party, and he said he had just gotten the game that day, and had completed the main quest (what's the hurry?). Anyway, I agreed to help show him things,... keys, book, gnomes, and he did not know that you could open Sunset House. I would play with him, but only if he agreed to not kill people while I was there. He argued about it, but eventually agreed. But while we were battling balverines, I got the "apology" on my D-pad. I accused him of killing someone, (he said, "no") but since I did not see anyone, I continued.

You must really have issues if you can not stop for someone helping you find stuff.
It's their world though, Who cares what they do. Can't blame them from wanting to play evil, eh? They probably weren't mature enough to handle Fable, or just wasn't their type of game. I say live and let kill, at any rate. I'd say 80% of the people I play with just mindlessly murder things. And stats say most players were good *Eyeroll*

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
It's their world though, Who cares what they do. Can't blame them from wanting to play evil, eh? They probably weren't mature enough to handle Fable, or just wasn't their type of game. I say live and let kill, at any rate. I'd say 80% of the people I play with just mindlessly murder things. And stats say most players were good *Eyeroll*
Once you complete the moral choices as king/queen as good, you're fully good. Well, it happened to me that way. And it takes a HELLUVE lot of evil to even become neutral again.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Once you complete the moral choices as king/queen as good, you're fully good. Well, it happened to me that way. And it takes a HELLUVE lot of evil to even become neutral again.

Set around twenty properties to 'Highest' And wait 10 minutes. Shazam.

G

Guest 7310

Late to the post, but no. I'm not one. I tried doing that once, killing everyone I could find, in order to upgrade my weapon (can't recall which one). I didn't like it. I had moral conflicts about laying waste to characters that represent real people to my character. Felt wrong. :(
oh ya me to in my prototype game for xbox 360 i decided to kill everyone get my self killed and stuff until i saw a civilian that looked like my DAD i was crushed so crushed you could sweep me to the outside.

King William

Reaction score
If I am helping someone,... taking the time to help them find; keys, books, gnomes, then the least they can do is refrain from killing while I am there. I agree, they can do what they want to, but not with me watching. They will have to go elsewhere for help. Also, the easiest way to become evil is the take money for the treasury.

King William

Reaction score
***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I wanted to find out what happens when you decide to destroy the lanterns that protect the people of Silverpines from the balverines, in the quest to get to stolen balverine statue. I hated doing it, but I like finding out where all possible senario lead to. So, I choice that option. I tried to kill the balverines that attacked the villagers but I could not. I do not know how it effected my moral standing, because I quickly put about 2 million in the treasury, and my moral standing was high.

tahmfoolery

Tahm!
Reaction score
***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I wanted to find out what happens when you decide to destroy the lanterns that protect the people of Silverpines from the balverines, in the quest to get to stolen balverine statue. I hated doing it, but I like finding out where all possible senario lead to. So, I choice that option. I tried to kill the balverines that attacked the villagers but I could not. I do not know how it effected my moral standing, because I quickly put about 2 million in the treasury, and my moral standing was high.

It actually doesn't affect your moral standing much. I was a completely good character before and after that quest, I just hate fighting balverines, so I chose to destroy the lanterns. That was my only bad decision in the entire game, and I still had perfect moral standing.

In reply to the main question of this thread, on my first few playthroughs, I wanted to be a perfect character, because I felt bad if I killed anyone. But then I realised that after I became King, the guards wouldn't do anything if I committed crimes, so I began to kill everybody and steal what I want. There's not really much point to it, it was just fun.