• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fuzi0n

Arena

It would be really cool if it had another arena tournament in fable 2.

But the main thing would be the possibility to go back and do tournaments, you pay to enter, and you do a number of rounds fighting monsters and opposing heros.

Instead of just doing it once, like in Falbe1/TLC.

D

DivY

Re: Arena

Thats a pretty good idea. But, I wouldn't want it to be a main part of the plot. As a side thing it would be great though.

F

Fuzi0n

Yea, i still wish theyd done that option on TLC, the ability to go back to the arena and do a load of rounds, just for fun. And money of course.

D

DivY

For money. :D Yeah, and of course FAME! You could become the greatest Chicken Chaser the arena has ever known!!!

C

Crazyarms

Yeah that would be cool. The arena was the funniest part of the game.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I agree, being able to go back and compete for gold and prizes in the original Fable would have been cool. I'm sure Lionhead Studios will build on the Arena idea for Fable 2 and surprise us with some nice new features... ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
I agree, being able to go back and compete for gold and prizes in the original Fable would have been cool. I'm sure Lionhead Studios will build on the Arena idea for Fable 2 and surprise us with some nice new features... ;)

Sounds like an Elder Scrolls Oblivion idea ;) from what ive seen its a great idea and great way to make create a reputation and gain gold so i think that idea would be a great addition to Fable also!

U

Ulicus

I'd have liked to have gone back and fought some more too - mainly because it irritated me that storyline-wise the glory was split between Whisper and the Hero *until the last round* and that the announcer made *NO* comment on how much either one of you was contributing, instead just talking about you as equals.

So, basically - no matter how you performed, you'd get the same:

"Well, they made short work of them didn't they!"
"Wow, Whisper and Hero are really good!"
"Our heroes have worked really hard, they're really feeling the strain!"

How much cooler would it have been if the announcer's comments actually changed depending on what went on in the round? So, after a round where you'd basically killed everything and Whisper had been completely ineffectual (as usual), the announcer said stuff like:

"Well, it looks like Hero is putting the "I" in Team!"
"We said we were entering the team rounds - we apologise for the mistake. Hero continues to dominate this contest!"

Or if you'd taken no damage at all:

"You'd expect he'd be feeling the strain, but Hero looks as fresh as when he first walked through the doors - this is *incredible* folks!"
"Hero takes the round but not a single scratch, while Whisper does nothing - what a huge mismatch!"

Hmmm... I seem to complain alot. I do *love* Fable you understand... I just don't ever feel the need to talk about its plus points as much as its negatives. So.... meh, ignore me.

As for the general idea - while I would like to go back and compete in the Arena, I don't think you should have been able to win gold and prizes more than the first time through -otherwise you're onto a huge cashcow. Fable isn't exactly super difficult. It would be great to just be able to return and show off some more - and I always wished I could have gone into the backroom to talk to the other competitors after I'd won the entire Arena without ever going back to stock up, but the game never let you - I wanted to lord it over those wannabes!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

But what do you think the announcer should say when you constantly got your ass canned?

U

Ulicus

Seigfried said:
But what do you think the announcer should say when you constantly got your ass canned?

Well, I don't know stuff like:

"The would-be Arena Champ is looking more like the will-be Arena Chump."

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ulicus said:
Well, I don't know stuff like:

"The would-be Arena Champ is looking more like the will-be Arena Chump."

Not bad not bad ;)

V

Voodoo 9s

Humorous smack talk, even profanity would be a great addition.

F

funky_fable

yeah profanity...............wat does profanity mean?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

funky_fable;30697 said:
yeah profanity...............wat does profanity mean?
Profanity means like..abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language.

and again...7 month old thread..pay attention to dates.

D

darkruler500

LoL!!! you guys are brilliant I was thinking the same thing!!!

SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON IN A WHILE. I WAS BUSY UM... HANGING OUT WITH MY FRIENDS. A LITTLE TOO MUCH.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I wanted to go back into the arena too. It was one of the better parts of the game. I agree with not being able compete but I was the area champ and I wasn't even allowed in the door. I think I at least would be able to go in and look around and maybe see someone working on my statue or something

Status
Not open for further replies.