• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Out of curiosity-- you don't give a #^@#$ about the monarchy... but would you get rid of it?

And Angel, why would you prefer a monarchy with power???

And why did the #^@#$ get underlined and go all link-y there?

EDIT: And not go all link-y when I posted?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

So many questions! :lol:

I'd keep the monarchy just for tradition's sake - I like tradition. And I hate the EU, so monarchy over EU any day...

I wouldn't prefer a monarchy with power - I just like the romantic notion of the monarchies of old...you know, knights and princesses and towers and all that stuff. Not so much the burning at the stake or chopping off my head...or the paranoid rulings of a crazy person...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I... see... Why do you hate the EU? I really am curious here, because I've always wondered at the anti-EU sentiment. Is it fear of homogenization, or plain loss of power, or what?

[Shudder] I can't stand the idea of monarchy (with power specifically, but without too). That's why I was wondering there. It just seems like an incredibly bad idea. I mean, sure, you could make the argument (and certain books, fiction books, that I've read had characters make this argument) that it's better because your rulers are trained and experienced by the time they get power, but that assumes that your monarchs will be incredibly altruistic and that they won't be idiots.

Yes, lots of questions. Random curiosity will do that.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Anti-EU is due to a culmination of the loss of identity, some bunch of people who do not know us or understand us making crap decisions about how we should do this or that. I want to keep our currency, our laws and even our measuring system. I don't want Brussels dictating how many immigrants we have to have without any regard for what the British people want when our resources are already stretched to the limit...and I do not want this whole Big European Big Brother system either...

I couldn't trust anyone to run our country solely - everyone is an idiot apart from me when it comes to how things ought to be done. The Government does a crap job - what kind of diabolical schemes would one over-privileged person think up? It doesn't bear thinking about...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I see... are you sure you aren't an anti-Federalist American roughly 300 years ago?

No offense. I don't know, don't really care if the EU turns out the same way, but this time in the EU and the early US seem very similar, though the EU is even more non-unified.

Yes.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, seeing as I know and care little about American history, it doesn't cause me any offence :lol:

I just think we, as English people, have gone from being the most powerful empire in the world to hiding behind red tape and bigger countries, making none of our own decisions and destroying the very fabric of what made this country great in the first place. Ok, so not everything we did was nice to other people - but people fought and died to preserve the uniqueness of this country and since the second world war ended, we've lost all our backbone and sense of pride. That's why not many of our people seem to give a crap about England unless we're in the World Cup of something or other...

B

blue crow

Why do people from britain hate americans? Seriously every time i play cod 4 or any online game some brit says some comment like those damn americans etc etc.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;160648 said:
Why do people from britain hate americans? Seriously every time i play cod 4 or any online game some brit says some comment like those damn americans etc etc.

We get the same comments from lots of Americans believe me. I have lots of American friends and know lots of Americans with English friends too. However me and my friends have had abuse about our accents and being stupid stuck up Brits many times and been told that they are stick of coming online at that time because thats when the 'Stupid Brits' come online then make silly noises trying to mock our accents for 5 mins and talking about saving our asses in all Wars and us doing nothing etc. No-ones safe from abuse on Live anyway no matter what nationality, race, background or whatever someones going to comment. Even had many Americans call us Australian and keep saying 'G'Day mate' and things like that at us.

B

blue crow

^ + rep. Besides its not like i say ha ha we owned your country twice.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'd imagine it's typical trash talk which comes out online...

the fact that the media portray an interesting, if not entirely representative portrayal of Americans probably adds to this...cultural stereotypes and all that jazz.

I don't hate Americans - at least I haven't met one who has wound me up enough yet - but I'm sure someone else will chime in and tell you why others do...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blue crow;160653 said:
^ + rep. Besides its not like i say ha ha we owned your country twice.

They are just arrogant idiots thats all who dont really know what they are talking about, they are usually shut up pretty fast when you start stating things at them. Their intelect isnt usually high and could probably count their IQ on fingers of one hand and they usually resort to the typical 'Mum' references and comments about being 'Gay' just shows their maturity.

F

FableFreak

If the offer was out there, would any of the staff go on a hunting trip with me?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak;160669 said:
If the offer was out there, would any of the staff go on a hunting trip with me?

Unless we were shooting Chavs then no. :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

FableFreak;160669 said:
Absolutely - I'd really enjoy that and nothing quite like eating freshly killed animal :D

Tanro;160674 said:
What is the exact value of Pi?
What kind of pie? Cherry? Apple? Chocolate? And which store would I get them from? Gotta think about these things...:lol:

In short, no I have no idea - Pi is maths and maths and I do not get along. At all.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

FableFreak;160673 said:
What if it was a Chav Deer?
I'm in.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel, is it just me or did I already ask you all those questions about UK-US and get the exact same answers and give the exact same reply?

And... no comment on the second part. I think there IS a response I want to make, but the ones I can think of might be marginally insulting and I;m not entirely sure what I want to say.

And... Americans hate Brits? And vice versa? [blank look] The only time I've seen anything like that was on the internet and in a couple historical/military fiction books...

Though yes, people on Live are obnoxious. Which is why the Mute and Avoid options are, as far as I'm concerned, god.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think we did just repeat ourselves there...I'm in the habit of doing so - old age and all that...

And... no comment on the second part. I think there IS a response I want to make, but the ones I can think of might be marginally insulting and I;m not entirely sure what I want to say.
*shrugs* you can say what you like - it most likely would not bother me at all. My country is currently undeserving of any praise and for the most part I'd agree with any negative comments made about it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;160704 said:
Though yes, people on Live are obnoxious. Which is why the Mute and Avoid options are, as far as I'm concerned, god.

They are used often, but sometimes its more fun to bring them down a peg or two.