• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Nah - that would be the locals :lol:

The vice squad is a special police department that deals with drugs, prostitution and the like.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

keekos;34635 said:
What is England like?

Guess its alright, plenty of bars and such to drink in and a few quiet towns here and there. Overall i like England just the weather sucks most the year unless we have a decent summer so if its usually really hot where you live you wouldnt like it here lol.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;34730 said:
Nuf' said.

Hey its not to bad here, we have a decent climate..... might rain alot but never to hot or cold here compared to ther places!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I met a guy from England and asked How's the weather he responded "Sh*ty"
I have a few friends from England and they talk very highly of the place. Where would you recommend going if one were to visit there.

How can England be all bad? "Little Britain" comes from there.
Here a quote
"Unlike other countries, Britain has both kinds of people men and women"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;34810 said:
I met a guy from England and asked How's the weather he responded "Sh*ty"
I have a few friends from England and they talk very highly of the place. Where would you recommend going if one were to visit there.

How can England be all bad? "Little Britain" comes from there.
Here a quote
"Unlike other countries, Britain has both kinds of people men and women"

We have a good climate. not to hot in summer and not to cold in winter the rest depends where you go. Just avoid Nottingham, Manchester & London, and all is good :lol:

Oh and newcastle & Liverpool as you will not understand them!

F

FableFreak

What does England have to offer FableFreak1 and Co.?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

If you do want to visit England, I'd recommend the Lake District as it has some of the most beautiful views in the whole country. If you have to visit a city, avoid London like the plague and go to York instead - much more culture, art and nicer people.

For shopping that doesn't involve trying to park in a busy town or city, go to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol coz it's pretty cool and if you gots kiddies then try Devon or Cornwall in the summer because the beaches are nice and they got sharks and dolphins and seals (but avoid the summer solstice nutters who stand in circles and chant crap at each other. Apparently it's to align the elements - earth, wind, water and fire. I noticed they had every one except fire and offered to torch one of them - it didn't go down too well).

Most boring place on earth: Horsehouse, North Yorkshire. Five cottages, one shop, one pub that sells only one kind of beer and about forty thousand sheep. And yes, I did spend every damn summer there as a kid.

I have political reasons why I don't like England, but as a country we are pretty damn lucky in most respects - freedom of speech, religion, human rights etc...I just don't expect it to stay that way...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;34842 said:
If you do want to visit England, I'd recommend the Lake District as it has some of the most beautiful views in the whole country. If you have to visit a city, avoid London like the plague and go to York instead - much more culture, art and nicer people.

For shopping that doesn't involve trying to park in a busy town or city, go to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol coz it's pretty cool and if you gots kiddies then try Devon or Cornwall in the summer because the beaches are nice and they got sharks and dolphins and seals (but avoid the summer solstice nutters who stand in circles and chant crap at each other. Apparently it's to align the elements - earth, wind, water and fire. I noticed they had every one except fire and offered to torch one of them - it didn't go down too well).

Most boring place on earth: Horsehouse, North Yorkshire. Five cottages, one shop, one pub that sells only one kind of beer and about forty thousand sheep. And yes, I did spend every damn summer there as a kid.

I have political reasons why I don't like England, but as a country we are pretty damn lucky in most respects - freedom of speech, religion, human rights etc...I just don't expect it to stay that way...

Wow awesome answer! thanks

K

keekos

Can you differentiate England from Canada?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

(crosses arms and points) England is over there and Canada is over there.

O

oldschoolrpger

Best answer I have every read. Sometimes simple is better.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yes, I thought so...not so good when people need accurate directions though...

C

Curzedchild

lmao, it is an awesome question when they don't ask more detail...

I have a question here in gay america (Ya that's right america sucks and the retard president who made it suck the most is the one, the only, p. george w. bush {a.k.a. LOSER}) now back to my question, here london shows on like game shows and other boring things like that, that it would be awesome to go to london yet everyone on this website who is from england or wherever says that london sucks? So me question is why do you not like it?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Curzedchild;35835 said:

I have a question here in gay america (Ya that's right america sucks and the retard president who made it suck the most is the one, the only, p. george w. bush {a.k.a. LOSER}) now back to my question, here london shows on like game shows and other boring things like that, that it would be awesome to go to london yet everyone on this website who is from england or wherever says that london sucks? So me question is why do you not like it?

Having never been I personally cant comment...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Curzedchild;35835 said:

Simple. The Grass is Always Greener on The Other Side....and that after living somewhere gets boring after a while. I, personally, would love to leave Sweden when I can and spend some time in another country.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;35842 said:
Simple. The Grass is Always Greener on The Other Side....and that after living somewhere gets boring after a while. I, personally, would love to leave Sweden when I can and spend some time in another country.

Yeah probably best way to put it, i mean people who live in London etc might not like it but most people dont like the towns they live in after a while as they are bored so.... but to someone from outside it might be a great place to live.

C

Curzedchild

kk, but by the way if you decide to go to another country and come to usa, beware, never say you like president bush (people might throw rocks at you or murder you in your sleep...and just case ye didnt understand everyone hates our president) oh and if you go to a big city DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT get out your car in an alley way or underneath a bridge just because ye see women dressed pretty (they usually have fleas...not that i'd know..) or because you like the scenery (which is a dumb thing to say seeing how the only things you usually find under their are sick diseased people, homeless, and sewer rats) oh and if you see bubble gum on a rail or under a seat IT"S NOT FREE CANDY!!
Anyway have fun and enjoy yourself.:D

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I lived 30 miles outta London for 24 years and used to get the train over to the city pretty much every month. I have seen all of it and the thing that makes it crap is how it's actually a very lonely, sad and filthy place to be - no one is friendly; no one notices you. I have been to many cities in England and London is one of the worst - there is no identity anymore; no pride or sense of belonging. Even the famous East End camaraderie has been replaced with violent crime and gang warfare.

People will do anything to get to London to try and start a new life and end up working in the worst kind of conditions and soon discover the hard way that despite all the ideals to the contrary, London is not paved with gold. It's paved with pigeons, prostitutes, drunks, addicts and the homeless - it's supposed to be the capital city of the United Kingdom and instead it looks like the dumping ground for every kind of vice and lowlife you can think of. Sure, stick a whacking great ferris wheel in the middle of Westminster and charge everyone £20-odd to sit on it for 45 minutes. Doesn't make it a great city.