• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

fablefreak323;113237 said:
are there any modders on the staff?
What Steve said...(too tired today...)

Devalion;113246 said:
Why does Dimmu Borgir rock so hard?
Don't even know who or what that is.

Walker;113251 said:
When will the world end? And will I have the chance to tell God to go **** himself?
The world will end when everyone thinks it won't, in true Winnie The Pooh fashion (that being his theory that if you don't actively look/expect for something to happen, it invariably always happens shortly after). And yeah, you'll get the chance to tell God where to go...He'll probably tell you the same though :lol:

R

Rhadiel

do u care if i build a giantic molecular proton cannon and hold the world for ransom? :ninja:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel;113473 said:
The world will end when everyone thinks it won't, in true Winnie The Pooh fashion (that being his theory that if you don't actively look/expect for something to happen, it invariably always happens shortly after). And yeah, you'll get the chance to tell God where to go...He'll probably tell you the same though :lol:

Ah, yes, it is so wonderful when you can get your astrophysics and theology from Winnie-the-Pooh. That little yellow ball of fur knows it all, doesn't he? (You know, I think I'm going to go find that book and read it. I don't know why, but it spontanesously seems like a good idea.)

Hmmm... so you're a believer in the "suck up and hope you don't get screwed" school of theology? Interesting.

Another question: who else has a spontaneious desire to go and find something written by A.A. Milne about a bunch of animate anthropomorphic stuffed animals?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Rhadiel;113491 said:
do u care if i build a giantic molecular proton cannon and hold the world for ransom? :ninja:
Go nuts - sounds like fun :D

Walker;113498 said:
Ah, yes, it is so wonderful when you can get your astrophysics and theology from Winnie-the-Pooh.
Who doesn't? Everyone should...:lol:

Hmmm... so you're a believer in the "suck up and hope you don't get screwed" school of theology? Interesting.
No need - He and I are on the same team :p

Another question: who else has a spontaneious desire to go and find something written by A.A. Milne about a bunch of animate anthropomorphic stuffed animals?
Me!

EDIT: Sorry Blue Crow...just watched them now and to be fair neither song does it for me :D

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

FableFreak;113267 said:
Finally someone who has seen Pulp Fiction (aka Greatest Movie Ever).

Of course! I love Pulp Fiction.

Here's a question: What do they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France...?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Good! So do I! Now all I need to do is figure out how I'm going to get through the three big, huge, dry nonfiction books I thought it was a good idea to check out, before I go on to Pooh.

Two more questions, too:

First, and more serious: how exactly does banning work? Does it block the IP address? What if the member used more than one location to get on? Does it just block the current username and member account? Yeah, this is kinda an odd question. I was just trying to figure out how it would serve any purpose. It seems like it'd be pretty easy to get around.

And second-- does anyone else have 32 items out on their library card, and 13 new books you bought, to read? Or even a comparable number? I'm trying to figure out if this is really as absurd as it seems.

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

can we have new usergroups for writers and artists? or would that be too much work for steve?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Tsuyu;114230 said:
Here's a question: What do they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France...?
Probably the same thing we do: "Yummy!"

Walker;114231 said:
First, and more serious: how exactly does banning work? Does it block the IP address? What if the member used more than one location to get on? Does it just block the current username and member account? Yeah, this is kinda an odd question. I was just trying to figure out how it would serve any purpose. It seems like it'd be pretty easy to get around.
A 'basic' banning would just be a case of disabling a member's account; they can effectively still make more accounts by registering over and over again though, provided they have multiple backup email address'.

We do have the ability to ban by IP and we normally do to repeat offenders who continue to register account, after account, after account. There are obviously numerous ways to bypass an IP ban that I won't go into but I can honestly say that it's much easier for us to ban a person's account then it is for a troll to constantly keep churning out new ones.

Dark_Master;114232 said:
can we have new usergroups for writers and artists? or would that be too much work for steve?
It wouldn't be too much work at all, no. However, it does initially become a hassle when I have to configure a new usergroup's permissions to gel with the site. For instance: when a new usergroup is created, they have access to read the Staff forum. They have the ability to play in the arcade and upload to the gallery (both features reserved exclusively for Premium Membership. And some other things that elude me right now...

It's just a slightly tedious, but definitely manageable flaw in our forum software, that's all. I'm currently just waiting to see how much interest in the new usergroup(s) there is and whether it would it would even be a good idea or nor before I go ahead and set the wheels in motion.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Here's one for you guys: Which is the loneliest number?

R

Rhadiel

soooo....if im allowed to hold the world for ransom with a molecular proton cannon....can kidnap LHT and keep him in my second basement for years on end, and feed nothing but cold gravy?:ninja:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu;114230 said:
Who cares? I eat first then ask questions later...:D

Walker;114231 said:

And second-- does anyone else have 32 items out on their library card, and 13 new books you bought, to read? Or even a comparable number? I'm trying to figure out if this is really as absurd as it seems.
Steve explained the technical banning stuff...now onto the REAL way it works. You upset me, I ban you. You question my authoritah and I ban you. You forget my birthday and I ban you. You query my number of library items and I ban you. :lol:

With regards to your second question....err.....

Dark_Master;114232 said:
Work him hard...he needs to be useful...and I need to read my new book...:devil:

Tsuyu;114759 said:
Here's one for you guys: Which is the loneliest number?
I know there is a proper answer to this but I can't remember it...

Rhadiel;114766 said:
soooo....if im allowed to hold the world for ransom with a molecular proton cannon....can kidnap LHT and keep him in my second basement for years on end, and feed nothing but cold gravy?:ninja:
Of course you can...I see no reason why not :D

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

One

One is the loneliest number... Love that song.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Rhadiel;114766 said:
Sure. Go nuts. ^_^

G

gdude987654321

do you guys like the idea of having a discussion on the 7th harry potter book?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I already ok'd it - but please use spoilers to the max just in case...:D

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Why are stereotypes true?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Because someone somewhere fits the bill - otherwise where else would they come from?