• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Soldier By Name

Expert door-kicker-downer
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

I forgot to mention that she didn't go for me, she thinks I'm sweet, but the only reason she's going off tonight with me is that we agreed that she only dates jerks, and maybe I could show her that going off with a nice guy could be more fun then she thought. It's strange I know, but it's all I got lol.

And thanks for the advice so far.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well then, you've got an interesting ride ahead of you :p

Nah, it'll be fine - but one date is not enough, you should advise her, so try to get her to increase the time limit of your "experiment", shall we say, by agreeing to go on a further couple of dates to really get the full Jim effect ;)

Sweet isn't bad - once the jerks have all got herpes from prostitutes, sweet guys rake in all the girls - plus sweet guys are probably more hot because they have more to them than just a bad attitude. I should know, I'm married to one ;) :D

Soldier By Name

Reaction score

Thank you. I think I may just hve to try this experiment... And yeah thats waht I tell all the girls over here but they still think the jerk is the way to go... Oh well. lol.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, they will...until they find out the retard has banged most of the local area and almost half of them are knocked up...or they catch chlamydia :D

Then you can bet the yearbook comes out and they sit staring at photos of the guys they rejected for being too "nice", "sweet", "normal" etc and wonder what they are doing now and whether they can get a chance with them after all this time....

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I get a lot of girls, but they never seem to stay with me very long. The longest I have ever had had to be 3 mounths. What's the deal with that? They change there mind every min! ( What I mean by "they" is teenage girls over here in TX )

Soldier By Name

Reaction score

Gah, you sure know how to brighten a mans day. Atleast someone still thinks nice guys don't always have to finish last. Over here chivalry has been long dead, aside from a select few of us. And all the girls think that a jerk is better than the guy who pulls out the chair for them.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Trust me, there comes a time when you want a man to treat you like a princess...he may not be the one who can drink and drive without getting caught :rolleyes: but he knows how to make you feel like the most special person in the room without even opening his mouth.

Chivalry only dies if people let it - it doesn't have to be the whole "there there, my little woman" stuff people mistake it for either. I don't see a damn thing wrong with holding an umbrella over a woman's head in the rain, allowing her to go first through a door or letting her sit down on a busy train/bus whilst you stand. It's called courtesy and respect.

Soldier By Name

Reaction score

My point exactly. All my friends, male or female think that those things are long since past their time, and that I should stop being who I think I should be.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

You should be who you are - nothing less. Why be like everybody else and then in a few years people are moaning, as they always do at some point, that "men don't behave the way they used to"? Many women aren't drawn to mushy period dramas because they appreciate a well made carriage - they like to swoon over Mr Darcy, Colonel Brandon and the like because there is something infinitely sexy about a courteous, well-behaved man who treats women like the beautiful creatures they are and romances them properly without having to slip rohypnol in their Smirnoff Ice just to get them in the taxi home at the end of a night...

You don't have to turn into a wet blanket just because you are trying to show good manners to a lady and treat her like she matters - mix it up with some 21st century fun and make your own version of chivalry ;)

Soldier By Name

Reaction score

Yeah I gotcha. Like tonight we're going to the Casbah, which is our local hooka bar. (I LOVE HOOKA'S!) I was gonna take her to a movie and dinner and then I figured that the Casbah was a better option. And if she's up for some more time with me the Casbah isn't to far from the St. Johns. (the river our city is built around.) Maybe a ride down by the river, with the moonroof back could be a good deal. lol.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sounds like a plan within a plan there - you've got your basic date covered with an extra coupla hours tacked on if it looks like she's interested - shows initiative and will appear spontaneous too :D

You'll have a good time ;)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

My pleasure :D

You'll have to let me know how it goes though - it's like a drug to me, other people's lives :lol:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Why doesn't my Assassin's Creed working?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Is the disc dirty?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Triz;151273 said:
East Coast, or West Coast?
East Coast I've been on the East Coast all my life, from Florida to Maine :D

Triz;151290 said:
Why doesn't my Xbox 360 connect with my PC and that black box that goes to the wall and it doesn't work! :realmad:
What part of the PC are you trying to connect I'm guessing since you said that you have windows 2000 that your trying to connect to Windows Media Player

Angel;151371 said:
Sounds like a plan within a plan there - you've got your basic date covered with an extra coupla hours tacked on if it looks like she's interested - shows initiative and will appear spontaneous too :D

You'll have a good time ;)
I'll second that :thumbsup: focus on haing fun and being yourself.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;151364 said:
Trust me, there comes a time when you want a man to treat you like a princess...he may not be the one who can drink and drive without getting caught :rolleyes: but he knows how to make you feel like the most special person in the room without even opening his mouth.

Chivalry only dies if people let it - it doesn't have to be the whole "there there, my little woman" stuff people mistake it for either. I don't see a damn thing wrong with holding an umbrella over a woman's head in the rain, allowing her to go first through a door or letting her sit down on a busy train/bus whilst you stand. It's called courtesy and respect.

The thing about that is sometimes you get women who are all "You're letting me sit there because I'm a woman!?:O *slap*"

Danged Feminists:getlost:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Arseface;151579 said:
Danged Feminists:getlost:

No, that's just being a b*tch. :lol:

Feminism is about equality, not man-hating most so-called feminists of today make it out to be.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Is anyone online right know!? :lol: