• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood ending

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I like to go through the whole story of something before seeing the ending again.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It won't be called AC3 or AC4. Now that they made a third game, they can't just call the next one AC3, and since there wasn't an AC3, they can't really make an AC4. Once they stop using numbers for one game, it pretty much stays that way. The next game will just be Assassin's Creed: Something.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Rockstar didn't have any trouble calling it GTA IV.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Rockstar didn't have any trouble calling it GTA IV.

I'm not very familiar with the GTA series. What were the titles before IV?

Sisterhood?

susface.png

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with the GTA series. What were the titles before IV?

susface.png

Basically, it went GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
You know the phase "God works in mysterious ways", I guess it can be applied here.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
But I think the theme they're going to go with is that each numbered sequel has a different ancestor. ACI had Altair, ACII had Ezio, ACIII will have someone else. Brotherhood is really just an extension of two.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Basically, it went GTA, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV

That seems sort of strange. It would make more sense to call it VI than IV. I've never heard of that happening before.

But I think the theme they're going to go with is that each numbered sequel has a different ancestor. ACI had Altair, ACII had Ezio, ACIII will have someone else. Brotherhood is really just an extension of two.

Yea, that was being discussed before Brotherhood's name was revealed. People said it wouldn't be AC3 because it still had Ezio, which obviously makes sense, and they were right. I think we can all agree that if we play as Ezio again (which I doubt), it will be Assassin's Creed: Something. If we don't play as Ezio, it could be AC3 or AC4, but I just think it's more probable that it won't be either of those.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
That seems sort of strange. It would make more sense to call it VI than IV. I've never heard of that happening before.

Didn't Microsoft kinda do that with Windows 7?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
No.. AC4. Assassin's Creed 3 is obviously Brotherhood. The third Assassin's Creed. :|

Well, im saying that ACB is only a continuation of AC2, while AC3 is going to center around Desmond and all that saving the world stuff, but if you want to put the games in order then yes ACB becomes the third Assassins Creed game, and not AC3.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Didn't Microsoft kinda do that with Windows 7?

I would have no idea, but I'm assuming you know they did since you're asking me the question.

Alright, so maybe there's more of that than I knew of, and maybe that might happen with Assassin's Creed. I was just going off of what I know and what I've seen.

Cain

Reaction score
No.. AC4. Assassin's Creed 3 is obviously Brotherhood. The third Assassin's Creed. :|

Well techincally Brotherhood would be AC6 or something, considering all the portable versions as well. So the next game will called AC3.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Yes but it's much more widely accepted that Brotherhood is AC3. Lol.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Yes but it's much more widely accepted that Brotherhood is AC3. Lol.

That's highly debatable. Can't we all just wait until Ubisoft releases the title? I read that the next game will be coming out around the end of 2011, so it won't even be that long of a wait.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
It's still Assassin's Creed 3, even if it is the same characters as 2. Fable 3 is like Fable 2.5, but it's not... It's Fable 3...

Cain

Reaction score
It's still Assassin's Creed 3, even if it is the same characters as 2. Fable 3 is like Fable 2.5, but it's not... It's Fable 3...

Fable 3 was intended by the developers as the next numbered game in the series regardless of the game engine. We have heard nothing from Ubisoft saying it is AC3, so how can you be so sure?

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I think I can help with the whole AC B and AC III thing.

It will go:

Assassin's Creed I
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed III

There is no such thing as an Assassin's Creed IV, or at least it hasn't been confirmed yet. The main series ('main' meaning it follows Desmond) was originally meant to be a Trilogy. However, Brotherhood was 'squeezed' in there.

Also note the fact that it is in fact the third official installment of the main series, however it is named Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Assassin's Creed III is the fourth installment, however it is named Assassin's Creed III.

Also take into account what Ubisoft said once. Any Assassin's Creed game with a number (I, II, III) has a new Assassin and possibly a new setting. Any Assassin's Creed game with a word or phrase (Brotherhood) features an Assassin who has already been used.

---
Now I know this is off-topic, but does anyone here know of an UNOFFICIAL Assassin's Creed Forum? With a good community?