• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Authority In Fable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazmir

Reaction score
Authority In Fable

In fable 2 when you break the law you get pursued by the authorities and if you get knocked down you have choices. When i did the community service choice i just bailed on it and nothing happened. How should of it been fixed this time. Plus when i fight the authorities i get them caught in stairwells and attack them long range. That needs to be fixed. So how should lionhead enhance there authority system. I think community service is good but should be more of a priority than a side quest. Authorities need to be stronger. Not like it matters now but what should be already done in fable 3.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Authority In Fable

I think they need to be both stronger and weaker. Like, for instance, if I get cought stealing something, I get sent to jail, or once you're famous enough they can send you on a quest to repay your debt to society (preferably one that has it's difficulty scaled to the severity of the crime, and your character's level, so they wont send you to go kill some hobbes for killing half the people in bowerstone, but they also wont send you to take down a Kraken for the same crime if you physically wont be able to).

And if I decide to resist arrest, then I want to be able to kill all the guards (and don't make them too hard to kill, unless they're like evil Loganized super soldiers or sommat. Needs to make sense within the story). Remember in Fable 2 how if you killed enough guards, eventually the big red ones come out that you can't kill? And you just sit there punishing them for no gain.

Yeah.

Externium

Reaction score

My only issue was that there was a never ending supply of guards. At some point after you've killed so many guards they should no longer respawn.

Kazmir

Reaction score

thats going to be a problem for evil characters like mine

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Externium;433403 said:
My only issue was that there was a never ending supply of guards. At some point after you've killed so many guards they should no longer respawn.

They should do what they did in Assassin's Creed: huge environments, with an equally huge, but still finite number of guards.

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

once you become king/queen how will it work, i mean if your the king or queen couldnt you just pardon yourself all the time, why wouldnt the gaurds just let you have your killing or stealing sprees? i mean whats the point of them trying to apprehend you? if your the final judge and jury then it wouldnt make any sense, so after you become king or queen is aurora the only place you can break laws?

Kazmir

Reaction score

once you become king you of course wouldnt be pursued but im pretty sure if your a jerk(censored) and a bad ruler youll get overwhelmed with people outraged and you get overthrown or assasinated. But you cant get assasinated if its still doing the imortal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.