• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

avo's tear, tears of avo ??

Aarkan

Reaction score
in game, avo's tear was ment to have been created by solcius chaneled all his power closing some sort of vortex that was to swallow bowerstone, and the guild master says it has been impowerd by all the heros buried there.

but the tales of albion say that nostro got his doods to make a sword called 'the tears of avo' for him, which was to be as powerfull as the sword of aeons.

there is a slite diference in name but i think its fairly likely to be the same thing.

which is true? it seems unlikely to me that you can just say, k guys im just gona go bash my self up one if those swords of aeons. would kinda spoil the entire point of the game.

im thinking that perhaps im means that nosrto reforged the sword to look less like a guards sword and more like the sword, and maybe gave it its name too.

but that's just speculation

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Step one, don't read Fable wikia, it's mostly trash. Second, Solcius made the sword by taking a guards and channeling the magic in it. The end.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
It's not quite as simple as that, Dark.

Lionhead introduced a lot of plotholes when they released the Tales of Albion. Almost nothing is consistent between it (and subsequently the latest two Fable releases) and Fable TLC.

Short story: Lionhead are terrible at writing plots.

Aarkan

Reaction score
ya, it dose seem that way, 'tis kinda disapointing, im often disapointed by lionhead :-\

btw, yea i know that the fable wiki is not neseceraly the best sourse of info but 'the tales of albion' seems to have disapeared, but it has been documented on the wiki

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
It's not quite as simple as that, Dark.

Lionhead introduced a lot of plotholes when they released the Tales of Albion. Almost nothing is consistent between it (and subsequently the latest two Fable releases) and Fable TLC.

Short story: Lionhead are terrible at writing plots.
Exactly, that's when it's better to keep things simple and tidy and to remove all the junk that surrounds the actual information, plot and interest. Nobody needs to add more junk around something that's clear by itself; it's simple and clear as a sunny day.

Fable Wikia isn't trust-able source in my opinion, and I will always believe so. Yes, Lionhead Studios had a poor storytelling up to Fable II, since the release of the game the story is pretty much clear and simplistic. I do believe that Fable doesn't need any further storytelling, it's not solely an RPG, it's also an action game.

Best thing is to focus on the bright, clean and clear side of the story that can be found during game play throughout the three games of the franchise, at least by my own opinion.

Aarkan

Reaction score
tales of albion isnt from the wiki, its from Lionhead.
WTH do you mean fable needs no more story!!? fable is an rpg, thats what makes fable great, (and whats so F-ing disappointing about fableIII) i guess it must be down to people like you that fable is going down hill!
"poor up too fableII"? I bloody love fable1, i will agree that TLC is perhaps lacking some of what fable has ,seemed perhaps a bit rushed (after Microsoft bought them over) but fable 2 and 3 are no less plot holed

BTW, ive been playing fableIII (sticking to the clean and clear side of the story that can be found in the franchise) and found 'Avo's Lamentation' which was forged at the same time apparently, even tho avo's tear in game apparently wasn't forged. so yes, there are a HUGE number of HUGE plot holes, and it does seem that alot of the writers have not actually ever played the game, but that doesn't mean that the best answer is to just forsake all story and have nothing but endless hollowman slaying in straight line.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Fable Wikia isn't trust-able source in my opinion, and I will always believe so.

I don't understand why everyone hates the Fable Wiki. Yeah, there's some issues with the accuracy of some of the articles, but a good 95% of it is solid.

But yeah, Tales of Albion only lives on the Fable Wiki because Lionhead kicked them out.

Yes, Lionhead Studios had a poor storytelling up to Fable II, since the release of the game the story is pretty much clear and simplistic.

What? Up until the Tales of Albion were released, there were no plotholes. Then Lionhead decided they wanted to go back and "improve" a few things with regard to the lore, but they still wanted TLC to be canon. That doesn't work.

Lionhead had good storytelling in Fable TLC (if only because it was a cliche rip off of half the other fantasy RPGs). TLC had a good story, a good villain, and lots of colourful characters who did more than recycle the same dialogue, often with the wrong voice.

Lionhead need to start making actual sequels that connect the plots of the previous games in some way.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Well believe whatever you want. Personally, the canon story is solely what can be found within the games, in the case of Fable.

Aarkan

Reaction score
tales of albion is the best source of jack and william lore though.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Only because it's the only source.