• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Being bad in town & consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I started killing villagers/guards in various towns, and right away an obnoxious BELL started to ring. A guard approached and asked if I wanted to pay a fine, do community service, or resist arrest. Ok. I resisted arrest to wreak more havoc on the town. NOW this is where things get confusing ... I've been playing my game for hours and the damn bell is still sounding off in two of my towns! I've left the towns and come back later, that hasn't stopped them. I've tried going to sleep to pass time but I can't because the bell is ringing. There are quests I wanted to complete that I can't because of the bells. Do they ever stop???

A few times I went back to Bowerstone Market and didn't do anything but walk around ... and a guard walked up to me saying I had a charge and agn asked what I wanted to do abt it. I was so sick of the bells I figured I'd just pay the fine to make it stop, but that didn't stop it. Then later on they walked up and accused me of doing something *else*, and I paid THAT fine to make it stop, but it didn't. Is my game glitched?

~@sh

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I'd believe so actually. That is something pretty odd. Have you reset your Xbox?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I recommend a reset.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
Just reset the box? No, I hadn't even thought that would be a factor. Maaaan, this had better not be a glitch, I can't STAND going through all the silly chores & sitting thru all the slow speeches from everyone again, especially so soon after.
~@sh

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Just reset the box? No, I hadn't even thought that would be a factor. Maaaan, this had better not be a glitch, I can't STAND going through all the silly chores & sitting thru all the slow speeches from everyone again, especially so soon after.
~@sh
It may just make a difference. I have had some issues but a simple reset has done the trick.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
Well I got all excited thinking a reset might work but those bells are ringing as SOOON as I start my game, ugh. Now I might have to start over completely and I'll be so ****ed. Anyone have any other ideas? I don't wanna go thru that whole beginning crap agn, plus I made sure my new chick had money and all the dog books, weapons, clothes/etc that I wanted to have at the start.
~@sh

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Try going into another players world then back to yours, can't hurt.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
The guards don't ask me if I want to pay a fine or anything, they just make remarks about it.

Kahindes

Reaction score
I started killing villagers/guards in various towns, and right away an obnoxious BELL started to ring. A guard approached and asked if I wanted to pay a fine, do community service, or resist arrest. Ok. I resisted arrest to wreak more havoc on the town. NOW this is where things get confusing ... I've been playing my game for hours and the damn bell is still sounding off in two of my towns! I've left the towns and come back later, that hasn't stopped them. I've tried going to sleep to pass time but I can't because the bell is ringing. There are quests I wanted to complete that I can't because of the bells. Do they ever stop???

A few times I went back to Bowerstone Market and didn't do anything but walk around ... and a guard walked up to me saying I had a charge and agn asked what I wanted to do abt it. I was so sick of the bells I figured I'd just pay the fine to make it stop, but that didn't stop it. Then later on they walked up and accused me of doing something *else*, and I paid THAT fine to make it stop, but it didn't. Is my game glitched?

~@sh

That really does sound rather strange. My only guess, other then the suggestion it might be a glitch, is that you might have outstanding fees in other towns as well as the ones that you are in? That is unless Bowerstone is the only town you've committed a crime in- in which case ignore the rest of the post.

Logically, in a real life situation, if you commit a crime in one city then flee to the next, it won't stop the fact that you are still wanted for crimes in general and the police in the next city can still charge you. Of course in real life, no matter what city you're caught in, once you pay your debt to society you will no longer be wanted by police in any city. But I wonder : If you commit a crime in Brightwall do you have to get approached by the guards and pay the fine for that particular crime specifically in Brightwall since that's where it's committed, I wonder? I have no idea, never been bad in this game before. I can't imagine that this might be the answer.

In short, I am suggesting that this might be a glitch where every time you go to a town that you committed a crime in, it resets the guards into thinking that you still haven't paid your fine since you might have paid it in a town that isn't there own. If you wanted - if I have even made sense at all, as I often don't - you go to every town and get approached by the guards, paying them a fine in every region they ask it. Perhaps when you do so and every regions fine is paid, the bells will stop since no region with guards is after you anymore? Maybe?

Sorry if I'm not making sense.

Faedil

Reaction score
is there a box on the left of the screen with a fine amount and amount of time? if you causes A LOT of havoc on a town i think it takes awhile for you to be "innocent" again and i think if you leave the town it stops the clock from counting down. just a thought.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
is there a box on the left of the screen with a fine amount and amount of time? if you causes A LOT of havoc on a town i think it takes awhile for you to be "innocent" again and i think if you leave the town it stops the clock from counting down. just a thought.

^^This is the only thing besides just being completely glitched out that makes any sense. Yeah, I did create a LOT of havok, but not only is there NO box that states there is a fine or clock counting down, but I have played the game for HOURS. I know that these things take time ... but do they really take *that* much time?

I have tried re-committing a crime just so the guards come up to me with the fine in hopes that they would take the $ and go away, but they don't. That actually worked in ONE city, but Bowerstone Market seems to be forever glitched. Which sucks because not only will I never be able to shop but I'll never be able to accept a quest in that area, and its a main area. :(
~@sh

Matt Harrison

G.T.-Lethal Panda 78
Reaction score
(sorry this isn't really relative, I just don't want to waste a thread) Could someone please help me? Ok i'm trying to get the achievement for having a 15,000 (or 10,000 can't remember) bounty, but i'm king so the gaurds won't arrest me in my world or my friends worlds. Is there some way I can get the achievement or is my game just glitched?

Status
Not open for further replies.