• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Valid

Best weapons?

what are the best weapons? is it the special ones like the purpel hammeryst and other special weapons or is it the ones that say "master" in there name, and is like a hammer better then a longsword?

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Re: Best weapons?

The most powerful weapon in the game, period, is the legendary blunderbuss the Enforcer. It does retarded damage. If you want something dead-- shoot it with that.

For regular enemies though, I prefer a pistol. Rifles are too slow and firing distance doesn't really come into play a lot in Fable II. At least not distances which couldn't be covered using a pistol normally (or taking a few steps forward.)

Personally, I use a Master Turret pistol augmented with Devastation and Lucky Charm. This is because it's a good blend of power and number of shots. It drops everything in one headshot except for Spire Soldiers, which take two head shots. Though you can take them out in only one shot if you charge(zoom) it just a little. Plus I think it looks cool. Eldritch(?) Hollow Men also can't be dropped in a single headshot... but that's because they lose their heads and keep functioning. Although without heads, they cannot use their magic, or even fight properly. So it works out. Another exception is the unique "assassin" highwaymen who attack you in groups of three. They are different from normal highwaymen in that they take more damage for some reason. These also require two shots (or one semi-charged.)

The Red Dragon pistol reloads absurdly fast and can be fired pretty much without pause, but the bullets are worth less individually (important for head shots.)

Melee weapons are entirely a toss up. Since a successful reversal can kill any enemy in one hit, you can make any weapon work if you're good with the timing. If you want the "best" melee weapon. It's the Daichi, which is the legendary katana. It swings lightning quick, has way more attack power than a katana has any right to, and it's augments are excellent.

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

EDIT: Shadowfiend beat me to it.

K

KroniK

I have the Daichi and also a master katana that i put a ghoul augment and the gold gaining augment in (forgot the name) and i prefer it over the daichi because the lifesteal is incredibly effective so sometimes that is very nice to use (i.e after charging up level 5 magic and takin some damage to finish off anything that survived fiery devastation).

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Hollow Men also can't be dropped in a single headshot...

Bollocks!!! if the weapon is powerful enough, it will take them out in one shot!
i consistantly destroy hollow men with headshots using a master flintlock rifle

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score

The Eldritch Hollow men, I said. The normal ones CAN be killed with a head shot. Easily. The Eldritch Hollow men are different. You blow off their heads, but they keep fighting. Although not very well... they just kind of flail in a random direction.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

sorry, my bad

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

I personally use the Daichi (Legendary Katana, 99 damage) and the Red Dragon (Legendary Pistol, 41 damage) I use the daichi because its rediculously powerful while being fast and the Red Dragon because of its amazing speed just zoom in on a group and mash y. But the enforcer (Legendary Blunderbuss, 177 damage) as mentioned before has rediculous power so for a group of hollow men i'd take the blunderbuss but for spire soldiers im goin for Red Dragon.

anain12

Reaction score

Shadowfiend;228230 said:
The most powerful weapon in the game, period, is the legendary blunderbuss the Enforcer. It does retarded damage. If you want something dead-- shoot it with that.

For regular enemies though, I prefer a pistol. Rifles are too slow and firing distance doesn't really come into play a lot in Fable II. At least not distances which couldn't be covered using a pistol normally (or taking a few steps forward.)

Personally, I use a Master Turret pistol augmented with Devastation and Lucky Charm. This is because it's a good blend of power and number of shots. It drops everything in one headshot except for Spire Soldiers, which take two head shots. Though you can take them out in only one shot if you charge(zoom) it just a little. Plus I think it looks cool. Eldritch(?) Hollow Men also can't be dropped in a single headshot... but that's because they lose their heads and keep functioning. Although without heads, they cannot use their magic, or even fight properly. So it works out. Another exception is the unique "assassin" highwaymen who attack you in groups of three. They are different from normal highwaymen in that they take more damage for some reason. These also require two shots (or one semi-charged.)

The Red Dragon pistol reloads absurdly fast and can be fired pretty much without pause, but the bullets are worth less individually (important for head shots.)

Melee weapons are entirely a toss up. Since a successful reversal can kill any enemy in one hit, you can make any weapon work if you're good with the timing. If you want the "best" melee weapon. It's the Daichi, which is the legendary katana. It swings lightning quick, has way more attack power than a katana has any right to, and it's augments are excellent.
Are you sure the enforcer is the strongest? I mean the Master repeater bow (or something like that) has a ammo capacity of 6 and first in one hell of a speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.