• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Big" Fable II announcement next week

T

thebeastlyboy15

Re: "Big" Fable II announcement next week

Twilight;234167 said:
I hope it's free DLV

i sure hope its DLC and not DLV cause there are already a few vids on there..... :p

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

I hope I don't forget about this thread when I go and pick up mirrors edge tommorow.
I don't wanna accidently sell Fable 2, Ive been planning too.
I guess more of a motivation to get all of the achievements.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well atleast they be giving fair warning this time, still peeved about the LE crap. I finally got it though, but I still hate such...unexpectedness.

I prophesize a couple more quests, maybe tatts and hairstyles, possibly the clothing they didn't include in the shipped game (bandit gloves & boots, Harlot crap, Traveller's Coat ((please!)), etc.) and other stuff that I cannot directly name.

Xeon;234054 said:
True, no one can figure out Peter M... he's a man of many mysteries

Yeah...about as much as waving a lead breifcase filled with secrets and saying: "Oh do you want this? Well too bad, cause you can't have it yet, oh well. It's so amazing, just sooo~ exciting."

...damn...he's a school bully!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

dont like to over tease my ass. they friggin love it and they know it.

but shweeeeeeeeeeeet news that is. exited for it, i am. talk like this, yoda does. exact date, do you have?

T

Tymolus

Imagine...new quests, visible sex scenes (maybe even a minigame!), new weapons, less glitches

Sex minigame = superior idea :ninja:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

there will def be no sex scenes

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

It seems to me like this game was released prematurely. By no fault of Lionhead, I'm usre it was microsoft. What with all the bugs and anticlimatic ending. Also, it seems to early after the games release to announce new content if they haven't even polished the original content yet. So my theory is that the game was intentionally left unfinished so they could ship their product by the release date, and what we are going to get with this DLC content is just the rest of the game that was originaly intended to be included with the retail version but was left out due to time constraints and is now being released as "extra" downloadable content.

Watson

Reaction score

If it is downloadable content, I hope it will be good enough to keep me off playing Gears of War 2 all summer holidays.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Zebinia;234735 said:
It seems to me like this game was released prematurely. By no fault of Lionhead, I'm usre it was microsoft. What with all the bugs and anticlimatic ending. Also, it seems to early after the games release to announce new content if they haven't even polished the original content yet. So my theory is that the game was intentionally left unfinished so they could ship their product by the release date, and what we are going to get with this DLC content is just the rest of the game that was originaly intended to be included with the retail version but was left out due to time constraints and is now being released as "extra" downloadable content.

Microsoft were in no rush to get it released and Sam expressley said that they didnt have any more bugs left to fix (they overlooked quite a few :lol:). Microsoft had lots of titles released all at the same time and all ended up in competition with each other for sales so dont see why they would have wanted to rush any of them, not short of quality titles at the moment.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

guess will just have to wait and see.

MasterJh

Reaction score

Just clearing a few things.
1. DLC is never free on the first day of release (unless it's for a crappy game)
2. It's very illogical for it to be a new town; It would be quite hard for them to fit it into the coding of Fable 2
3. It won't be "armor" because there is no "armor" in Fable 2 so why change it after release?
4. Whatever it is, i'm looking forward to it

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

MasterJh;234766 said:
Just clearing a few things.
1. DLC is never free on the first day of release (unless it's for a crappy game)

That depends on what kind of DLC it is, if its a substantial piece that can add quite a bit to the playtime of the game id agree. However things like items, weapons etc and little things are usually free. Not a lot is free but very rarely there is some.

MasterJh

Reaction score

Yeah i was on about a substantial bit of DLC like new maps for a FPS or a new dungeon for a RPG.

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;234756 said:
Microsoft were in no rush to get it released and Sam expressley said that they didnt have any more bugs left to fix (they overlooked quite a few :lol:). Microsoft had lots of titles released all at the same time and all ended up in competition with each other for sales so dont see why they would have wanted to rush any of them, not short of quality titles at the moment.

There is no possible way they overlooked that many bugs. On any given players play through the game they are more than likely to encounter at least a few. Which means the play testers experienced the same bugs. I'm not trying to trash the game but it definitely feels rushed. even my girlfriend who doesn't game often said more than a few times that the game just felt rushed. Also the story just seems like it was a few quests short. If Lionhead is actually announcing new DLC content already then I'm sure it was just content originally intended to be in the game. It usually takes months for new content to be announced, GTA IV hasn't even released it's new DLC yet. I know the new DLC will wrap up the story and I'm almost positive is was intended to be in the original game. Just like the online co-op which wasn't ready at the time but was being worked on as the game was being distributed so it could be offered as DLC content.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Sam stated that the game can be played so many different ways, that the reported bugs are different from the 65,000 bugs they fixed, and that is why they were missed.He has apologized and they are working on, all the reported bugs that are turned in at the webmaster at Lionhead. So yes it is possible to overlook, when everyone plays different.:unsure:

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

I'm not really complaining about the bugs. There are too many threads discussing that already. I'm just using it as evidence that Lionhead may have shipped an unfinished game and instead of telling everyone it was unfinished due to lack of time they shipped it as a finished product. Now after a few extra months of time they are going to release what was intended to be in the final game as extra content. No developer out there would admit to release an unfinished game with bugs, even if it were the case.

And I'm not haitng on Fable 2 so don't get offensive. I'm actually going to start playing Fable 2 again because I've had such a great urge to lately.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Zebinia;234863 said:
I'm not really complaining about the bugs. There are too many threads discussing that already. I'm just using it as evidence that Lionhead may have shipped an unfinished game and instead of telling everyone it was unfinished due to lack of time they shipped it as a finished product. Now after a few extra months of time they are going to release what was intended to be in the final game as extra content. No developer out there would admit to release an unfinished game with bugs, even if it were the case.

And I'm not haitng on Fable 2 so don't get offensive. I'm actually going to start playing Fable 2 again because I've had such a great urge to lately.
If you haven't gotten the LE codes, Sam said they should be released tomorrow or the next day. Just in case you don't have the codes.:)

T

Tymolus

The bugs are entertaining and very few of them need to be fixed. This is of course just my opinion but most the bugs I've seen are hilarious.

I'm still hoping for that sex minigame, maybe they'll add strap-ons for the lezzies...

p.s. for the love of buddha, yes I know this won't happen, just let me fantasize...:)

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Tymolus;234872 said:
The bugs are entertaining and very few of them need to be fixed. This is of course just my opinion but most the bugs I've seen are hilarious.

I'm still hoping for that sex minigame, maybe they'll add strap-ons for the lezzies...

p.s. for the love of buddha, yes I know this won't happen, just let me fantasize...:)

OK, you're funny.:p
The only times the bugs get to me, is when I end up in water or going through the sky for a while. It freaks me out.:unsure: Only happens when I load a place to go in old Bowerstone, after playing good. Sometimes I have to orb out again to get away from it.o_O Kinda amusing though.:)

anain12

Reaction score

I hope it's DLC like clothes or armor. But i don't have xboxlive.