• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Book Club Achievement Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm locked out of a dungeon (Cesspools in Bowerstone Industrial) because the Kipnapped quest has disappeared from my list. I need this last book to unlock the achievement related to them and I'm not even sure if you can gift books to players (I hear you can't enter another Hero's game and obtain it that way and I really don't fancy a THIRD playthrough of this glitch ridden game) but if it is indeed possible I would be grateful to return the favour with any desired help (I'm a female character for example). I'm not sure of the book's name but it is located in the Cesspools as I mentioned earlier.

If anyone can help me out, please friend request Gebsy92 or comment on this etc!

Reaction score
I've just checked the list for the books on the forum here and apparently the book I'm after is called Dangerous Things: Gunpowder if this helps.

Faedil

Reaction score
how are you locked out of the dungeon? do you mean you can't enter the Cesspools via the trapdoor in the house opposite the Orphanage? did you do the "Kidnapepd" quest when it was available? Even so, no area of the game that has keys/books/gnomes is supposed to be unreachable.

Aruu

Reaction score
Just buy the house opposite the orphanage called 'Wooble-Fuddlebuck-Glimborg Mansion'. Go into the first floor, and there'll be a trapdoor on the floor. Just go down there.

Reaction score
@Faedil: I didn't do the quest when it was available this playthrough, I did it on my last one but started again to get some achievements (related to being an evil character etc).

@Aruu: I'll give that a try, but I hear you need a key obtained in the quest to unlock the trapdoor. I'll try it later on and get back to you.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Would it work with joining another person's game who's doing the quest or has completed it? That could be an option. I would volunteer if i was even close to that point....I'm on my 4th restart due to bugs and glitches -_- But maybe one of these good folk on the boards will help ya out ^_^

The Dragon

Reaction score
There is no key required. Just got that book the other day on my save that I've already finished the game.

Reaction score
Now THAT's unlucky dude. I thought it was bad enough just starting it again once because of bugs! I dunno how you have the patience. Great game, just too many little niggling problems.

and @Aruu thank you very much! I did as you said and I got in no problem. I'd read on that fable.wikia site that the only way in to the Cesspools was through that particular quest and didn't even think to try against its "official" knowledge or whatever. I owe you one!

Status
Not open for further replies.