• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Brink Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
So, I bought Brink last week and I enjoy it (didn't play online until recently so that was never an issue). But this is about a leveling issue I've been having...and I'm kind of really frustrated.

I've reached level 20 three times with the same character. It's supposed to save the games when you're done with a mission/level/etc. Once this happens, the Rank 5 abilities unlock as well as the clothing options.

The first time I reached level 20, I magically went back to level 19 like I hadn't spent an hour getting those last 4 levels out of the way when I left the mission screen. I only noticed this when I switched the Visibility option to Solo from Everyone.

So, I go through another hour going through a bunch of missions to reach level 20 again. I went into the clothing (because the thing I know I wanted was the Gatling Turret, which could have waited). I looked at the Freak clothing (or whatever the last last line of clothing is for the Security side) and then went out to go to my Abilities. When I left the screen, I was back at the beginning of level 19 again. This time I shut off the console then turned it on to notice I fell back a level. I wasn't sure what the problem was.

Regardless, I'm furious at this point. I go over my friend's house and stay the night after reaching level 20 again and it (seems to have) stayed there. I turned off the console several times and it was always at level 20. (I had brought my console to his house as he has 2 TV sets right on top of another). Well, I come home, see I'm still on level 20, and I feel like resetting my abilities. When I do this, my level decreases. However, I did this at my friend's house and this never happened.

I have a hard time believing my tv is messing up the memory, but that's all I can think of. And I can't imagine the internet connection has something to do with it. The type of cord from my friend's tv to the console is different than the one from my own tv.

What's going on and how can I stop this?
If you need any more information, I hope I can give it. I'm not technologically inclined...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Are you always connected to Xbox Live?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I should be. However, it disconnects randomly. How could that effect my level?...ugh, stupid computers >(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I should be. However, it disconnects randomly. How could that effect my level?...ugh, stupid computers >(

Depends how its saved as some games that are predominately online would save when you are connected then if you disconnected and carried on and then turned console off when you turned it back on you would be at the stage you were at when you were connected.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
But it always resumes at the same point at the beginning of the level. Also, the game doesn't work when disconnected from Live. Which is beyond me, but that's what I recollected when that happened mid-game.

The only solution I can come up with is selecting the abilities I want and never changing them again, but that's a little inconvenient. When I do this (like the clothing) they stay unlocked as I wear them...but when I take them off, they become locked again. I guess your explanation is it, though...it's still confusing, though (why that is, not what it is)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
you wait for bethesda (or splash) to admit they derped and release a patch.
until that time comes,
/bobdylan
may you stay forever young.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Fu(king B!tch!...

I'mma cut everyone up...EVERYONE!

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I figured out the problem...and I hate it. The game is retarded and whoever though that was a good idea should be castrated (assuming it's a male). Stupidest thing I've ever read in my life and I think it should be changed right now...I'm sooooooooooo mad.....almost hate Brink now...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I figured out the problem...and I hate it. The game is retarded and whoever though that was a good idea should be castrated (assuming it's a male). Stupidest thing I've ever read in my life and I think it should be changed right now...I'm sooooooooooo mad.....almost hate Brink now...

So what was the cause in the end?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I'm such an idiot and don't read text boxes is the problem. I didn't expect such a ridiculous stipulation, but when you want to sell your abilities, you go back a level...which is what I was doing every time to make sure I had everything I wanted. My tv isn't of highest quality so I thought nothing of the text box and was just like 'AH HAH...OKAY!' and then my level would go down and then I'd be like D':...DX.

I think it's fu(king retarded they did that. They should just let me change my abilities whenever I want as many times as I want without such a cost. I didn't expect that kind of exchange when it said "Sell All" I would think I wasn't giving more than all of the Abilities I selected...but whatever. Now I can never change my mind again. I won't be playing for a few days, now, because of it...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm such an idiot and don't read text boxes is the problem. I didn't expect such a ridiculous stipulation, but when you want to sell your abilities, you go back a level...which is what I was doing every time to make sure I had everything I wanted. My tv isn't of highest quality so I thought nothing of the text box and was just like 'AH HAH...OKAY!' and then my level would go down and then I'd be like D':...DX.

I think it's fu(king retarded they did that. They should just let me change my abilities whenever I want as many times as I want without such a cost. I didn't expect that kind of exchange when it said "Sell All" I would think I wasn't giving more than all of the Abilities I selected...but whatever. Now I can never change my mind again. I won't be playing for a few days, now, because of it...

Well now people who did the same will know what the 'issue' was.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
It didn't seem like it when I googled it the other day. :/

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
So you hate Brink because you're an idiot and they made a balanced game?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So you hate Brink because you're an idiot

Bit harsh dont you think? We all miss the fine print etc in things from time to time.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Maybe a bit harsh, but one day you're not gonna read the fine print and you'll be a part of the HUMANCENTiPAD project.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I never said I hated it. Thanks for being redundant. I see the 'balance' but don't approve and that's just an opinion. I'm glad you took the energy to post in this thread with offensive words. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.