• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

British Humor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with being British. It's a game, and its a fantasy based where things get exaggerated and
the world is a silly story, hence the name Fable.

Honestly, I wonder how you can talk about Fables' low sense of humor, when your idea of humor
is beavis and butthead.

Yeah, it might not be outrageously funny, or even funny at all, but I do enjoy the silly accents.

British accents arent silly. We have cool accents.
Also, got to agree, Beavis and Butthead is shockingly, terribly poor.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
British accents arent silly. We have cool accents.
Also, got to agree, Beavis and Butthead is shockingly, terribly poor.
I didn't say British people in general have silly accents, I said the game had
silly accents. Example, if someone said the word 'serious', in Fable, they would
pronounce it 'see-wee-us'. Kind of like the The Wonder Pets childrens show.

I also think they have cool accent, in fact its my favorite accent. =]

master666epic

Reaction score
fable isn't based on british humour at all, but i agree that the fart in face expression was a bit o.t.t, i do find it partially funny, but more at the fact that it dont fit in in the game, tbf i think there is no such thing as american humour, british humour canadian humour or any form of humour, everyone has a different opinion on what is funny, i think lionhead wanted to express that by adding in all different types of humour so that they could keep as many people happy as they could, there is going to be things in the game that some1 will hate that others wont doesnt mean it should be classed as a certain part of the worlds humour :) all humour is humour its just wether we find it funny or not some1 else will unless of course its something really really stupid, or to complicated that you have to think about it :)

master666epic

Reaction score
silly accents. Example, if someone said the word 'serious', in Fable, they would

the see wee us may be a **** take of al gore because he cant pronounce the word serious he says serial xD

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
the see wee us may be a **** take of al gore because he cant pronounce the word serious he says serial xD

I'm
soup-tips-1.jpg
er
cereal_selection.jpg
, guys!

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
WarpedHero, I hope you noticed that you revived a thread from beginning of last september. There are three months, and some days between in. =O Someone that joined back in 2008 should know that's not the best thing to do, right?
Still, if you're going to say that the first Fable's humor was better than that of Fable 2, I'd like you to explain why, rather than just saying it. :p
I for one didn't notice much of a difference in humor in all three of the games. To me, it had all its ups and downs. Somethings were hilarious, and some things not.

First I will address 'reviving the thread'. I was under the impression that the staff did not want multiple threads on the same subject, so, rather than make another thread, I searched for this one so it would not crowd the forums.

As for the explanation of why Fable I was funnier than Fable II:

The main reason that Fable I was funnier than Fable II to me, is that the humor in the first Fable was not overdone. It was mainly a serious game, with bits of humor thrown in, and to me, it's better to just include a little humor in a serious game (Fable I), than to include a little sincerity in a humorous game (Fable II). I understand that Fable II's humor was appreciated by some people, and that's great, but in my opinion it just wasn't funny, and instead of making people laugh at certain points in the game while concentrating on a serious goal, it made the game look like an elaborate pun with a story thrown in.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
First I will address 'reviving the thread'. I was under the impression that the staff did not want multiple threads on the same subject, so, rather than make another thread, I searched for this one so it would not crowd the forums.

As for the explanation of why Fable I was funnier than Fable II:

The main reason that Fable I was funnier than Fable II to me, is that the humor in the first Fable was not overdone. It was mainly a serious game, with bits of humor thrown in, and to me, it's better to just include a little humor in a serious game (Fable I), than to include a little sincerity in a humorous game (Fable II). I understand that Fable II's humor was appreciated by some people, and that's great, but in my opinion it just wasn't funny, and instead of making people laugh at certain points in the game while concentrating on a serious goal, it made the game look like an elaborate pun with a story thrown in.

Fair enough. ^_^
And about the reviving: It's hard to draw a line when you should revive a thread or make a new one. But if a thread has been inactive for a significant amount of time, it often means the discussion is over, and bringing it back is pointless. In that case it's adviced you should start a new thread, if you really feel like sharing your contribution. But hey, who am I to say what you should do. :p

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score

Haha, ok you are forgiven.
To me, the only really silly accent I hear is Reaver's butler (can't remember his name), who is played by Jonathan Ross.
I also like how they got some very famous actors but made them quite eccentric or over-the-top, like Reaver (Stephen Fry) and the King of Mistpeak (Ben Kingsley). Really adds to the epicness and scale when you think, "holy ****, this game has a better cast than most films". A bit off the topic of humour, I know, but I thought I'd share my thoughts :)

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Haha, ok you are forgiven.
To me, the only really silly accent I hear is Reaver's butler (can't remember his name), who is played by Jonathan Ross.
I also like how they got some very famous actors but made them quite eccentric or over-the-top, like Reaver (Stephen Fry) and the King of Mistpeak (Ben Kingsley). Really adds to the epicness and scale when you think, "holy s***, this game has a better cast than most films". A bit off the topic of humour, I know, but I thought I'd share my thoughts :)

My favorite casted game has to be Mass Effect. They actually seem to have based the in-game characters, to
look like the actual people who had voiced them!

EDIT: I posted some pics but they arent working. Too lazy to upload them to tiny pic. lol

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Some parts I chortled at, others were meh....As far as the British humor thing goes I really only care for Monty Python and of course the legendary Benny Hill:w00t:

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
My favorite casted game has to be Mass Effect. They actually seem to have based the in-game characters, to
look like the actual people who had voiced them!

EDIT: I posted some pics but they arent working. Too lazy to upload them to tiny pic. lol
Just looked at Mass Effect, didn't really recognise any of the names from the cast list except Seth Green. But the cast of Fable 3 is actually really awesome - list here:
http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/2010/09/29/hollywood-fable-3-voice-cast-revealed/

Totally forgot Michael Fassbender played Logan!! He was the British agent in Inglourious Basterds :D

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Just looked at Mass Effect, didn't really recognise any of the names from the cast list except Seth Green. But the cast of Fable 3 is actually really awesome - list here:
http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/2010/09/29/hollywood-fable-3-voice-cast-revealed/

Totally forgot Michael Fassbender played Logan!! He was the British agent in Inglourious Basterds :D

Too bad the script was terrible.

It doesn't matter how many awesome actors you get to star in your thing, if the writing is below par, it will still be ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.