• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Broke game after 20 Minutes

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
Re: Broke game after 20 Minutes

Malikh;222081 said:
Microsoft has an offer to send them scratched games with $20 bucks to get a new one.

Otherwise, head up to blockbuster, rent Fable 2, switch discs, bring it back and pay a small fine. Profit.
Your certainly corrupted :D

Lionheart

Reaction score

Twilight;222001 said:
So is it gone forever? I'll go in to the store tomorrow and try get a replacement... There's no big circle or anything on it.

Say it was the wrong game and they give you a refund ;) then go to another game store

Chrysalis

Reaction score

why do people have 360s standing sideways I dont undestand that one?

and yes this is why games should be installable to the hard drive to reduce wear and tear on the media, I am amazed it has taken microsoft 2 and half years to agree with this and the feature will be here late november.

S

smasters82

i learned this the hard way with guitar hero 2. scored a perfect circle in it and it was trashed

J

JoeMac

Zquad;222097 said:
I broke my game recently too. Fixed it with toothpaste though :thumbsup:

best way to fix games, used that on so many games and so has my friend. should try doing this on your scratched game

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Chrysalis;222294 said:
why do people have 360s standing sideways I dont undestand that one?

Allows air to circulate better around them and also some people dont have the space to lie them down (me).

Chrysalis

Reaction score

Well the people that stand them up sideways I hope realise are blocking one of the side vantilation holes.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

ive had a lzaer burn before on my copy of elder scrolls oblivion i took it out and was like O.O WTF MY LITTLE BROTHER DID THIS I KNOW IT ILL KIILL HIM went and punched him the put the back in prayed and it worked i was like o.o it then worked for like a week then died so i just took it to block busters and said it died while i was playing and my mate who recently perchased a copy of oblivion gave me his recipt :D just take it back say it died during play and you wanna new copy :p aslong as you have the recipt you should be ok.

A

animandan

I had my xbox on my floor once, accidentally hit it with a cord... scratched up my Halo 3 disc, It still works just fine though as far as i can tell... I probably just jinxed it...

F

fable4life

Twilight;221987 said:
Got a New Elite....Played Fable Moved 360 up abit so it wouldn't slip of desk....game scratched Barley now wont work.......I'm ****ing ****ed.....Anyone know how i could possible fix this?

If you had bought it from game crazy and had it game guarded for 3 bucks, they would replace it for you for free up to a year

Twilight

Reaction score

Shop gave me a new one =]

A

AltairZero

Ha, you should see my Call of Duty 4 CD. It's got 3 perfect circle scratches on the back and had no problems. I tipped my XboX over 3 times that day.

S

Sephiroth

NICE!!!! Malikh that would work.

I

izumo7

how do you clean it with tooth paste

S

Sanjûrô

I have a disc that had gotten the circular scratches on it. One of my friends suggested using mayonnaise with a soft cloth and buffing it in like you would wax a car. It worked, but I don't know how it would fare on deep scratches.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Twilight;221987 said:
Got a New Elite....Played Fable Moved 360 up abit so it wouldn't slip of desk....game scratched Barley now wont work.......I'm ****ing ****ed.....Anyone know how i could possible fix this?
I had to take 3 discs bk in 1 day to a shop becuase of the same scratch in the same place on all 3 (2 scrathes like ============ going from teh center to the edges)

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Just bring it back and say it was like that when you bought it, BAM a free fable 2.

D

deathtomacbeth

Twilight;222001 said:
So is it gone forever? I'll go in to the store tomorrow and try get a replacement... There's no big circle or anything on it.

If you have reciept bring it to the store and tell em it came like that:p

B

Big J

Rub either a small amount of toothpaste or mayo on it and then wipe it off with a Kleenex. it sounds dumb, but its always worked for me.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Hahaha sounds like a thing I would do..

I broke my controller while playing Fable II.. Does that count?