• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Broken Dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggybug

Reaction score
I have encountered a potential bug that I can't seem to resolve. My dog seems to have the quest icon stuck above his head. Regardless of what quest I choose or what I do, I cannot interact with my dog and it is completely unresponsive. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there some sort of work around? Or am I just unlucky? Thanks.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Not actually a joke, btw.

Doggybug

Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Not actually a joke, btw.
Do you mean the game? I have tried restarting both my game and the game system. Both have not solved this issue.

I recall being able to turn the dog off in Fable II but I have been unable to find such an option with Fable III. Am I looking in the wrong places?

madferit

Reaction score
You can't turn your dog off in Fable III

ps your very unlucky to have this glitch =(

Doggybug

Reaction score
Short of changing its name and breed (Neither fixes the bug), I can't interact with the dog. I guess I'll just have to restart. Thanks for the responses.

persephone_628

Reaction score
I ran into this same issue last night. Very frustrating because you can't dig up loot for quests. Hoping there is a solution other than starting over.

Doggybug

Reaction score
I ran into this same issue last night. Very frustrating because you can't dig up loot for quests. Hoping there is a solution other than starting over.
From what I can tell, this bug isn't entirely too common. But I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure out a way to fix it and haven't had any luck. Progressing the story does nothing. Completing all active side quests might work but unless you have none that include using your dog to dig something up, it's not viable either. Sadly, starting over appears to be the only option. Unless you cross your fingers and hope the devs next patch address it (Whenever that might be).

Status
Not open for further replies.