• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Child Benefit! Lol! *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Ok, so most of us already know that you get to decide whether to bring child benefit back or not. And Hobson even off handly mentions you might be planning additions yourself when you do bring it back.

But there was a reason for that. I only have one child, but when i randomly checked my ledger, just before my family allowance expense was a credit of 20 gold from Child Benefit. Thats the beauty of this game. They completed fudge up the social interaction system but manage to add something as obscure as child benefit payments.

Aruu

Reaction score
I never even thought to check that! That's actually kind of cool that they put that in.

20 gold per kid, huh? That's not too bad in the long run.

Mortull

Reaction score
Wait a moment. You're telling me that you, the reigning monarch, who hopefully has piles of cash at your disposal, can actually get child benefit payments? For real?

I personally avoided having a family until after I'd completed the main story, for fear that the main villain would jump me and gloat over killing my family (again), so by the time I'd made that judgement I had so much money I wouldn't even bother checking the ledger anymore.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Yeah, but thats deliberate too. In England thats how it works. Everyone gets CB, regardless of wealth, is a standard payment to everyone with a child until that child leaves the school system. Infact, they are planning to stop paying to high earners which has caused a massive row over the past few months in England.

Now thats either stunning coincident, or a piece of brilliant satire.

Aruu

Reaction score
Hand in hand with families who exploit said benefits who have one child directly after another, don't work, and still manage to buy wide screen TVs and the latest game consoles for their kids. They get in the news quite a lot now, especially since it's the tax payers who are supporting these people.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Hand in hand with families who exploit said benefits who have one child directly after another, don't work, and still manage to buy wide screen TVs and the latest game consoles for their kids. They get in the news quite a lot now, especially since it's the tax payers who are supporting these people.

Dont forget boobs jobs, tummy tucks and completely free dental care. But this is going down an entirely different topic that I could rant on all day :D

FruitieRoxxi

Reaction score
*SPOILER!!* i heard that at the end of the game when you are good and all the people die that the only way they come back is if you choose the child benefits

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Ok, so most of us already know that you get to decide whether to bring child benefit back or not. And Hobson even off handly mentions you might be planning additions yourself when you do bring it back.

But there was a reason for that. I only have one child, but when i randomly checked my ledger, just before my family allowance expense was a credit of 20 gold from Child Benefit. Thats the beauty of this game. They completed fudge up the social interaction system but manage to add something as obscure as child benefit payments.

I'm stupid. I chose to keep Logan's policy for some reason, even though I have like 20 kids, and had 15 at the time. It's all good, I don't think 400 gold would really help me much!

Status
Not open for further replies.