• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cobra Kai

GambleInTheWind

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this show? It's the sequel to the karate kid movies(The Real Karate Kid Movie...not the jaden smith one) but from Johnny Lawrence view. I never was really into The Karate kid more into Rocky. But Cobra Kai has become one of my current favorite shows. Good writing, good soundtrack, good acting.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I heard it was decent but didn’t get around to watching it originally because it was on YouTube Red which wasn’t available here. Now it’s on Netflix I shall definitely watch it soon.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I’ve seen it around while browsing on Netflix and I assumed it was a movie. But being a series is cool too. Already added to my list!

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but will at some point. I hear it's pretty serious in tone so I'm definitely intrigued.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I never actually watched The Karate Kid as a nipper... or Star Wars. :O

Would I need to watch the original Karate Kid in order to enjoy Kobra Kai?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

...who ARE you??

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Certainly helps, I actually started watching it yesterday and smashed 6 episodes and I really like it. There are a lot of call backs to the original (although most scenes also appear in flashbacks) and a few lines/jokes you might not get having not seen the original.

The perspective shift in the characters is pretty cool in Cobra Kai and the 'bad guy' Johnny Lawrence from the original movie being actually decent and his life has gone down the pan and you see things from his perspective instead and the 'hero' from the movie has become a self centered rich prick at least to begin with.

GambleInTheWind

Reaction score
Certainly helps, I actually started watching it yesterday and smashed 6 episodes and I really like it. There are a lot of call backs to the original (although most scenes also appear in flashbacks) and a few lines/jokes you might not get having not seen the original.

The perspective shift in the characters is pretty cool in Cobra Kai and the 'bad guy' Johnny Lawrence from the original movie being actually decent and his life has gone down the pan and you see things from his perspective instead and the 'hero' from the movie has become a self centered rich prick at least to begin with.
Glad you liked it! Yep Daniel has become a bit of prick. The show was(from what I read) written by huge fans of the movie. Sucks same thing didn't happen for Terminator. Never got the real future war. Just Hollywood Politics, I'm sure plenty of fans would love and do a better job making sequels then those overpaid folks in hollywood.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Half way through Season 2 now and enjoying a lot of the call backs to the original movie I have to say and the soundtrack is great.